RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

Did the upgrade to my Unattended CD, and got some strange issues.

1. cleanup.cmd doesn't seem to work for me anymore. At least the part about it rebooting the system after its done.

2. Winzip for some reason, needs to re-register its known extensions. There was no problem with Winizip prior to installing of these updates.

Did the upgrade to my Unattended CD, and got some strange issues.

1. cleanup.cmd doesn't seem to work for me anymore. At least the part about it rebooting the system after its done.

You need to adjust the parameters you send to shutdown.exe. My page has a link to the PsShutdown web page which contains the command switches to use with it. A few are different from the standard shutdown.exe.

2. Winzip for some reason, needs to re-register its known extensions. There was no problem with Winizip prior to installing of these updates.
...? This pack is supposed to be integrated into your XP CD, not installed on top of a current XP installation :blink:. I guess I don't understand what it is you're doing.

Just tested your new pack & its working superbly. Thanks RyanVM for another excellent package & look forward to better integrating this into Nlite.
So Ryan, got anymore plans? Because I like where your going :P
Thanks both of you :)

No current plans for anything else. I think just supporting this pack and continuing to make installers like .NET 1.1 SP1 will keep me plenty busy :P

I've got an update coming out tomorrow. It'll simplify some installation issues (only needing to add two lines to both dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif and never needing to add any after that) and adds the KB885894 hotfix to the pack. There will not be an update pack for this release as it's going to be making some changes to the structure of the update. However, the changes made will make it easier for update packs in the future.

I'll post more on this tomorrow. Gonna test it out in VirtualPC shortly then go to bed :)

I am having problems ever since adding this it wont go passed the 12 Min, gets to about 2/3 on the registering components and wont go anywhere after it reaches that point. :wacko:

I have recently removed the VIA Mini drivers but hadn’t removed the entrees from txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf

What could be coursing the problem? I have sorted the txtsetup and dosnet but I haven’t tested it yet, it may have been resolved now :thumbup

Yea that fixed it, should have relized that there would have been entrys in those files when I removed them

Edited by codejunkie

Maybe something Im doing wrong but just found similar problem as posted earlier regarding all my compression progs Winzip,Winrar & 7Zip they are basically either not installing or not working where they did previously on my unattended disc?

Sorry!!

I'll look into it, but I don't see what in my pack could be causing that.