FlashGET Vs Download Accelerator? w/c 1 is Best!

Astalavista

Which Download Client Do You Use?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which Download Client Do You Use?

• FlashGet 1.5
    • Download Accelerator 7

Well, I use/like neither of the two here... so no vote!

Reget Deluxe Download manager, any day. :yes:

It has all the features found elsewhere, and more - in a light package that "just works" (no pun intended :lol: ).

As for the given options, DAP was a favourite at one time (years ago, in its v4 and v5 avatars). v7 is simply too "perceptible" - a download manager is supposed to function in an out-of-the-way manner (atleast according to me). FlashGet never really offered anything more than reget (all that was special, was referrer cookie ability for those who do warez downloads, and reget is not deficient on that count), so never needed it.

BTW, astalavista, no need to make us "see red", lol. Please put that first-post back to normal colour.

I haven't followed the lastest download managers, but I currently use flashget. It is the only one which will max out my bandwidth for the entire time of downloading the file.

Starting using it when it was freeware, but wouldn't mind a free alternative which is on par with it.

I LOVE download accelerator 7... i love it!!!

but i am willing to give flashget a try, i need a mistress sometimes.

i'm sure you love it, as i loved norton antivirus...but at the end surfing on the net i understood there were a lot of better products around, so it's nice to change sometimes ;)

I'm using MetaProducts Mass Downloader™ with my dialup connection. I tried LeechGet previously and although it was good (esp. the link parser), IMHO its interface was a clumsy (heavy on images), its multiple shell extensions were annoying, and it hogged memory.

For a free alternative, MetaProducts Download Express™ is my pick.