J2SE 5.0 has gone final

RyanVM

I'm trying to install the java 5.0 development kit (not only JRE).

I extracted the msi from the setup exe then I tried silently installing it with those switches :

java.msi /qb ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0

but I still have the message asking if I want to reboot at the end.

I also tried with REBOOT=ReallySuppress but it doesn't work either.

Anybody has an idea about what's wrong ?

Java5 was originally going to be released as version 1.5.0. Sun changed their mind and named it 5.0 for some reason unbeknownst to me (I think they wanted version number parity with some of their products or their competitors' products).

@RyanVM

Is the j2re 1.4.2_05 installer you made still available ?

'cuz I use Eclipse (code editor) and I believe they haven't published a release that works well with jre1.5 yet

Nope.

EDIT: And nothing irritates me more than when people post a reply in a thread AND PM me the same question. (Of course, then there's the people who feel the need to take that one step further and IM me and email me as well). One form of asking is good enough!

@RyanVM

EDIT: And nothing irritates me more than when people post a reply in a thread AND PM me the same question. (Of course, then there's the people who feel the need to take that one step further and IM me and email me as well). One form of asking is good enough!

... and I'm sorry about that one.

Asked the question on the forum first, then thought about some other questions, which would have been out-topic here, so I asked them all in PM, this one included.

All apologizes, will use my brain BEFORE writing, next time