Guide: Mozilla Firefox Unattended

SiMoNsAyS

Apologies ahead of time if this has already been covered, but I dont feel like pawing through 25 pages of this thread...

I just want to make sure my assumption is correct... If I use astalavistas method of saving and restoring the profile, then theres no need to run the "extension installer" that cycles through your XPI/JAR folder, so long as we already installed them prior to creating our 'profile.exe', correct?

Thanks again guys. Awesome write up.

you don't need to search through 25 pages, you can just click on "print this topic" and then use your browser search feature to find what you want ;)

holy s***! why the HELL didnt someone tell me about this before! sooo much time wouldve been saved using this... thx a TON simon.

Simon - Brilliant Guide mate, followed it easily :) and works fine

However , im quite a simplton and dont really use many themes, only Phoenity and I only use about 9 extensions - of which about 7 of them come with the msi download in your guide.

How can I chage it so that I can take out the un needed themes and extensions?

Mekrel
pls read it again... the msi is made by Totoymola not simon

And the answer to your question, is u hv to use InstallSheild 10.5 Express

or Installshield Pro to edit the msi.

simon's firefox contains plugins

# Silent and invisible by default! No switches needed!

# English language

# Removed certain searchplugins: Amazon, eBay...

# Added certain searchplugins: microsoft, imdb, google (images), filemirrors, babelfish translation (sp/en, en/sp).

# Added plugins: RealPlayer™, RealJukebox, QuickTime, Shockwave Flash, Microsoft Office 2003, Adobe Acrobat, Shockwave for Director, Java™ 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, Microsoft® DRM and Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library.*

# Preferences Tweak

# MSFN Forum Thread Bookmark

# Firefox Icon

# Powered by RarLabs tongue.gif

if u want just the themes and extensions u want. Use the system

I found. just click on firefox link on my sig.

Ok, Ive got a problem here... I just finally finished getting all of my extensions, themes, settings, bookmarks, etc exactly the way I wanted only to realize that every time I was re-opening firefox I wasnt using the "-profile defaults\profile" parameters after, so I still have nearly nothing setup under the default profile...

1st question is, is there anyway I can use my existing firefox setup for the profile method asta covers? or perhaps make my existing profile the default somehow?

2nd question, if I cant do the above (which will really suck cause I just spent a ton of time getting everything perfect), what is the best way to do this? Do I need to launch firefox with that parameter every time i start it to make more changes? When I do launch ff with that parameter, is it over-writing the default profile as I make changes?

Thanks again guys.

dammit... so theres no way I can simply apply my existing settings to the default profile?

EDIT: Theres got to be a way... I just copied my bookmarks.html over to the default one and it works without issue... I guess I just need to figure out exactly which files need to be copied over... Do you see an issue with this?

dammit... so theres no way I can simply apply my existing settings to the default profile

There is. Go to your %appdata%\mozilla\profiles and copy the folder there. Go to the chrome folder, edit the chrome.rdf with Notepad2 or Metapad (because it is easier if you use the "replace" feauture), and change the paths there. Then make it your default profile.