Can anyone post screenshots of XPLODE?

ironman

Youre right! but.. well you know... sometimes you need a fast answer if possible.

And there is the lack of time. (its 23:40 now and finally came home :wacko: )

But when i get some more time leftover i am going to help with all the question i answer here. When finished at last i also will share my file with everyone who needs sample's!

• 2 weeks later...

@godofwar

If you mean me, i used to run it at first logon (guitransparant)

Now i'm trying to fix my version also for cmlines.txt at T-12.

But that one has still some see through parts, so must fix it a bit.

hmmm BAM, I have a question for you, since youre going to run it at t-12...are you running multiple xml's? or can you install apps at this stage...I just dunno...Ive always thought software needed to be installed after windows is installed (first boot). If you can install programs at t-12, thatd be cool...Im just wonderin and havent really heard anyone talk about it...im sure they have, but the threads Ive looked at dont. Or...what exactly cant you install at t-12? cuz I do some reg tweaks at the end of runonceex, other than that, I think I only install programs...your help is greatly appreciated.

@evilvoice

We are many who are installing programs at t-12! Just look at the screenshot I posted: I install about 45 programs at t-12.

Whats great about it is that the user logged on at that time is "Default User" so applying regtweaks will apply to everybody!

He beat me before i could answer it to you! :P (was trying new install..)

Anyway, i go with his answers, but must say that NAV2003 doesn't work at that stage.... :realmad:

Have just tested it on my machine, but no luck at all and the log file give's me no errors!?? Dunno why, but it allways worked from my favorite place, at first logon and then set XPlode guitransparant! that looks very smooth.

So i gues i have to look into creating 2 xml's... unless anyone has an idea how to get nav2003 to work from T-12.

I hate to be bothersome (im trying xplode out for the first time...I always wanted to move to xplode, but wanted other things working first), but could we start a "what does not install (programs) at t-12" thread? that was new users to xplode dont have to sit there and try to install a program that someone else knows wont install at t-12...just a thought...[in reply to BAM and big_gie, so I guess this is ok in this thread]

also, I am using someone on this threads xml as a base for mine (benners, i hope thats ok, but if not, its cool, I think I understand most of it now), but I have some questions and some issues (yes I tried searching, to no avail). Ok, I could have sworn I saw somewhere where it said that the copy dirs command changed, but I cant find it anymore...so in the xml I have, it has dircopy but the log says there is no plugin to support that, so what is the real command for it? [does not belong here, but didnt wanna add a whole other post for something that might be answered by someone visiting this thread]

And has anyone made custom pngs to use with xplode...benners is nice, but im looking at having up to 3 xplodes running at roughly the same time...and itd be nice to have the main one (using benners now) and itd be cool to have some nice ones to run the other 2, but I didnt want those 2 to be the same, theyd run half-window-height, so the main would be background, then one would open at bottom, then when it gets to the end and the second one is to open, that would open at the top...I just notice noone is posting any custom pngs for their installs, nothing against the ones that come with xplode, mind you...just looking for some more graphically appeasing... Or how do people make their own would be another question. [this belongs here since the post is talking about posting screenshots, and im asking for screens, just without the actual xplode stuff going on]

[] edits done by me, just so I dont get yelled at LOL

I should point out that the current UI will not exist for XPlode 2.00 - if there is reason to do so, I may write a plugin that handles the UI exactly the same way as XPlode 1.1.2 does, but for the moment that will not be the case.

Expect some completely revamped screenshots in coming weeks ;)

@Wraith

You allready know how much i like the XPlode tool, but i'm hoping that you will add a (perhaps temporarly) plugin to handle the 1.1.2version. This can give us some time to figure out what will be the diffenrence's in coding the xml sheet!!

If not, so be it.

(we all know about the time you have and how hard your working, so can only hope for it)

But i'm really looking forward to the new version! Again expecting some nice things! :thumbup

@evilvoice

Maybe you can pick something from my xml! (shortcut,copy or move?!!)

This one is executed at T-12 through cmlines.txt:

[COMMANDS]
".\XPLode.exe /xml:#Systemdrive#\Postinstall\XPlode\XPlode.xml /log:#Systemdrive#\XPlode.log"

(Change dir if you need)

The "looks" are the same as you saw in big_gie's xml.

There are a few things disabled through the <!-- something --> Those are the one's who are refusing to work, and till now i'm not able to solve them. :realmad:

Also have one if you like wich you can run at first logon!

This one is guitransparant and looks really awesome when it runs!

Hope this helps you and others (or comments for me) a bit further with XPlode!

Let me know how you feel about it!

XPlode.xml

Id like to see your guitransparent one...just cuz you say its cool lol...thank you for your help, and I hope there will be support for 1.1.2 in 2.0 cuz I really dont wanna have to change the script before I even have it working LOL...but all in all, I guess it would be easy to move to a new one

Well then here you have it!

Same thing, same installation, only transparant!!

Run it from within your winnt.sif:

[GuiRunOnce]
   "%systemdrive%\Postinstall\XPlode\XPlode.exe /log:#Systemdrive#\XPlode.log"

Again change dir if needed.

Still no one who can help me with my startmenu??

-internet explorer.lnk

-outlook express.lnk

-adressbook.lnk

Look at the disabled items "move source" in my xml sheet!

I don't know how or were these one's are made, but i'm unable to move the **** things to the right dir.

They don't appear in the default user or the alluser dir..... :wacko:

Give me some help with these please!!

Here's the guitransparent version! (nav2003 works then)

XPlode.xml

could you post main2.png? Also, I dunno why it isnt copying...it should...I was thinking at first maybe windows doesnt allow it to be moved, but it does. Another question would be, I wonder if windows rebuilds those links...like maybe the items are moved, but then also created again...have you checked to make sure the dirs your copying to in alluserprofile dont exist...another thing, I changed all %'s to #'s...doubtful thats it...and thats about all I have.

@evilvoice

-By the image's you mean you want to see (or have) my custom made image's??

-About the move/copy.

Well, take a look after an install at this dir: ..\All Users\Start Menu\Programs.

You notice that they aren't there....

Now also take a look at: ..\Default User\Start Menu\Programs.

There you can't find them also...

At last (suppose logged in as Administrator) take a look in the dir's for the user you are logged on at that moment!!

There they are!! :w00t:

Were the f*** do they come from, what makes them come up ONLY there, why can't i do something with it!! (sorry getting frustrated about it...)

They ALLWAYS show up there, but i cant move them automated BEFORE i see them the first time i'm logged in.

I want them to be managed from within XPlode!!

Who has the answer.. I just don't get it. :wacko:

I'm affraid i have to move this one to the Unnatended section perhaps??