Password Generator Database

Treeman

Hi Folks,

After finding two keystroke loggers and other pests with Pest Patrol this week, I figure it's time to quit using the same password everywhere!

Just wondering, 'cause I'm looking for a good password generator / database application, that uses high encryption, is easy to use, and doesn't contain spyware. (some websites boast about spyware not being included!) Thanks!

What do MSFN users use & recommend?

Treeman

Well, I use just about anything... Combing characters such as $%^& with numbers, lowercase letters, and uppercase letters...

This is actually a WEP key generator, but it should do the job for a good password:

http://www.andrewscompanies.com/tools/wep.asp

Usually something that's not in the dictionary is good, but a combination of everything is better! :)

I use my brain, and usually take a song title or long book title and use the first letter of each word and then do character substitution.

so "The Hunt For Red October" by Tom Clancy becomes

THFROTC then substitute to get say - t#f&0t(

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Folks,

I went with Any Password. It was indeed the simple solution. Password Manager XP was o.k., but I didn't like the way it interfaced with IE. That browser has enough problems as it is!

Thanks for your help,

Treeman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

for passwords taht i don't want anyone to be able to crack i use combinations of the !@#$ with A-Z and a-z with numbers and the alt+### combinations...

my password for windows was: *just changed it about 3 weeks ago*

PħĩĻ48615312$h!t *i dunno if taht even fit, but that was what my password was. not super super good, but that would still take a building full of computers at least 50 years to crack lol *probably way longer then that but i don't feel liek looking it up lol*