Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.01

kornychaos

yes a new msi would be great... also i dont know what you are using to make the msi but if you are using InstallShieldX could you plz enlighten me on how you are converting the .exe setup to .msi

actually.. adaware is REALLY EASY 2 repack.. since its basically only a .exe & a refrence file..

if u copy the lavasoft folder in program files 2 another place.. u can still run adaware successfully.. no need 2 change registry keys or anything (cuz none are added)

Here's a Rar SFX for Ad-Aware SE 1.05 Personal with the 9/28 defs including shortcuts sent to the All Users Desktop and Start Menu.

http://rockent.brinkster.net/Files/aawsefr.exe

It will create one extraneous file in your Ad-Aware directory, this is another SFX for the desktop icons. It won't hurt anything to be there, but you can delete it if you like after installing. The install is 100% silent, so just run it and wait for the icons to appear, then it's done.

• 4 weeks later...
I finally found a solution to install Adaware SE 1.03 silently.

start /wait t:\aawsepersonal.exe /S

taskkill /IM Adaware.exe /F

taskkill /IM hh.exe /F

taskkill /IM Ad-Aware.exe /F

works perfectly. ..:D

can i assume i can use this in RunOnceEx.cmd like this?

REG ADD %KEY%\085 /VE /D "Lavasoft Ad-Aware" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\085 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\adaware\aaw.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 2 /D "taskkill /IM Adaware.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 3 /D "taskkill /IM hh.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 4 /D "taskkill /IM Ad-Aware.exe" /f

Sometimes, the installer sucks, and I'm too lazy to repack. Making a SFX would be really easy too, but you can also just copy your Lavasoft directory to $OEM$\$Progs and it'll be installed.

2 things left:

-the shortcuts (many ways around that...)

-the uninstall infos (regedit /s to apply):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ad-Aware SE Professional]
"DisplayName"="Ad-Aware SE Professional"
"UninstallString"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Lavasoft\\AD-AWA~1\\UNWISE.EXE C:\\PROGRA~1\\Lavasoft\\AD-AWA~1\\INSTALL.LOG"
"HelpLink"="http://www.lavasoft.de"
"Publisher"="Lavasoft"
"DisplayIcon"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Lavasoft\\AD-AWA~1\\Ad-Aware.exe,-0"
"URLInfoAbout"="http://www.lavasoft.de"

Just another method, it's not better than any other, just pick whatever works for you...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
whats the best way for shortcuts and is there a way to put the systemdrive variable in a registry tweak ?

You can put environmental variables in your *.reg files but be prepared for the unexpected. You are then leaving variable inperpolation to each program, instead of to Windows.

Imagine if Ad-Aware, for example, though it lived in the root of a drive called %ProgramFiles% instead of in C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware, get my drift?

If you use the $Docs and $Progs folder structure you should be able to with perfect accuracy throw those shortcuts to the correct location.