4 hours ago, 66cats said:

Everything works with 9xxx.

I don't have 9 series, and I always disable acceleration because more and more videos are now AV1 or HEVC 10bit. To sum it up, anyone with older video cards (below 2014) needs to disable it, too.

Not sure if the developer would even bother himself with the testings on relics.

17 hours ago, Dixel said:

[IDA-RE-things' progwrp.dll] spikes to the max all the time

Just woke up to this:

Screenshot_8.png.d56252ba529e6897bfb7433b6c25e18d.png

Just to be clear, this is Thorium with IDA-RE-things' progwrp.dll, not vanilla Thorium. Still, cool in a dancing bear sort of way.

So vanilla is fine?

On my end, I've only noticed a CPU max when I leave Thorium open and go into HIBERNATE.

When I come out of hibernate, the CPU maxes out.  But I can generally just "wait it out" (90 seconds or so!).

To be fair though, Serpent 52 does the same thing.

Acer Aspire 1 with XP x86.  Intel Atom.  circa 2008/2009.

1 hour ago, 66cats said:

Just to be clear, this is Thorium with IDA-RE-things' progwrp.dll, not vanilla Thorium. Still, cool in a dancing bear sort of way.

The most recent release with its archive file Thorium_SSE2_122.0.6261.171_WINXP_x32.zip does not run well on my system. Mainly because the provided progwrp.dll does not support hardware acceleration on my hardware. It is not able to activate it. Thus, I replaced this by IDA-RE-things' Chrome XP API Adapter which at least enables a bit hardware acceleration. The reason for "only a bit" is that, although GPU rasterisation can be enabled, it doesn't work as it should. :no: It does exactly the opposite, it slows everything down. So I have to switch it off and use the software rasterisation instead. :(

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

39 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

So vanilla is fine?

Yes, at least i've never noticed anything. Even IDA-RE-things' progwrp.dll behaves itself most of the time (running it now), first time i've seen it dime out like that.

z87 with 4770k & 980ti, 32-bit XP 

5 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

provided progwrp.dll does not support hardware acceleration on my hardware.

Don't think it supports HW acceleration on any HW. Can you actually feel the browser running smoother with HW acceleration enabled? (not sure I can, MotionMark tells me there's a big difference)

8 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

although GPU rasterization can be enabled, it doesn't work as it should.

What happens when you try running https://browserbench.org/MotionMark1.3/ ? 

5 hours ago, 66cats said:

Just woke up to this:

Screenshot_8.png.d56252ba529e6897bfb7433b6c25e18d.png

Oh wow! Interesting result on multi gazillions core CPU. I only use a 2013 dual core Pentium on that PC with the internet. Both cores frequent to the max with literally everything with this browser.

Pentium G3470.

4 hours ago, 66cats said:

What happens when you try running https://browserbench.org/MotionMark1.3/ ? 

My GPU goes into full rampage mode. That said, it's not normal, even if we all understand it was made in January 2013, it can still play games up to 2018.

Load shows as 100%. Temps would be like I was playing a demanding game.

2 hours ago, 66cats said:

Can you actually feel the browser running smoother with HW acceleration enabled? (not sure I can, MotionMark tells me there's a big difference)

Without hardware acceleration, the Thorium browser is nearly unusable on my weak hardware. Websites take ages to load completely, and videos cannot be played at all.

Hello, I have browsing the topic and have read above. Its strange that it eats 100% of some CPU cores. Is it appears also with original progwrp ? If no, I will fix it. Also I should know which process of the browser do it (renderer, or others). And other info how to reproduce. This behaviour not appears on any of my machines with 1-4 cores . And no one user have reported it.

Is it also reproduced with latest Supermium or only with Thorium ?

Are you using the latest version of adapter - build 5061 ?

Be best way of course is to write a bugreport on github.

Edited by IDA-RE-things

20 minutes ago, IDA-RE-things said:

it appears also with original progwrp ?

Hi, no, the original progwrp.dll doesn't have this problem (for me). Forgot to check which process was eating those two threads, Been running the browser with your progwrp.dll (version 1, 2, 0, 5061) for a few hours now, and this hasn't happened again (so hard to replicate). If it does happen, i'll note the process & make a bug report on github. OTOH, reproducing the issue with GTX770 & AV1 is simple -- after a few seconds, the video ( AV1) portion of YouTube stream freezes, with audio freezing a few seconds later ("wait" spinner on the screen). Reloading the page plays the video for a few seconds before the problem recurs. Thanks for making this, BTW. 

Edited by 66cats

5 minutes ago, 66cats said:

Hi, no, the original progwrp.dll doesn't have this problem (for me). Forgot to check which process was eating those two threads, Been running the browser with your progwrp.dll (version 1, 2, 0, 506) for a few hours now, and this hasn't happened again (so hard to replicate). If it does happen, i'll note the process & make a bug report on github. OTOH, reproducing the issue with GTX770 & AV1 is simple -- after a few seconds, the video ( AV1) portion of YouTube stream freezes, with audio freezing a few seconds later ("wait" spinner on the screen). Reloading the page plays the video for a few seconds before the problem recurs. Thanks for making this, BTW. 

So as I understand you are using D3D9 HW acceleration-mode in that case or no ?

2 minutes ago, IDA-RE-things said:

D3D9 HW acceleration-mode

Yes, 32-bit XP, slavishly following the read.me instructions.

3 hours ago, IDA-RE-things said:

So as I understand you are using D3D9 HW acceleration-mode in that case or no ?

Vista x86 WITHOUT SP1 or SP2, yes, using D3D9 HW acceleration-mode because in Vista WITHOUT SP1 or SP2, DX11 wasn't implemented yet,  so the behaviour is rather similar to XP.

Driver version 347.26 (iCafe).

Nvidia Titan 6gb (Jan. 2013).

Probably make use of the Vista's native DX10, then?

Be best way of course is to write a bugreport on github

Sorry, I don't have a github account. Voltage spikes, when starting the browser or trying to play a video, on my GPU happen with both of those dlls.

reproducing the issue with GTX770 & AV1 is simple

What if you download the problematic video, rename AV1 to .mp4 and drag-n-drop on the browser?