r3dfox, modern Firefox based web browser for Windows 7!

r3dfox is release branch Firefox made to work on Windows 7/8. Also with limited compatibility for XP using OCAPI and Vista using the extended kernel.

Main download: https://github.com/Eclipse-Community/r3dfox/releases

Alternative download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/r3dfox/files/

If you run into any bugs or issues, please report it on GitHub under the issues tab. I am more likely to get to it and remember to fix it if it's there. If you don't have a GitHub account, here is fine too though.

Edited by K4sum1

3 hours ago, K4sum1 said:

r3dfox is release branch Firefox made to work on Windows 7/8

Please tell us more about the portability.

I'm interested in adding a portable mode, but I would need it pull requested or a direct explanation or commit on how to do it.

Only functional changes would be less telemetry I think. There are a few design differences, but fairly minor. Mostly just Firefox but for Windows 7.

From the r3dfox readme:

# r3dactedfox (r3dfox)

r3dactedfox is a fork of the open source web browser Mozilla Firefox made specifically for Windows 7 and 8 compatibility. There may be other tweaks, however the goal is to remain as close to stock Firefox as possible.

Limited compatibility with the Windows XP and Vista extended kernels is offered at the current time, however they may not be tested consistently. Any issues that may arise that are hard to diagnose may be left to the extended kernel provider to fix.

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Please tell us more about the portability.

Portable mode is there, the same as in any FF browser. Create cmd with the text:

r3dfox.exe -Profile "User"

Or in the shortcut add

-Profile "User"

After launching in the program folder will appear a folder User, in it will be a user profile. You can write any name instead of User.

Wow that's nice. I would like to add a portable mode similar to Mypal68 so a shortcut isn't needed, but I guess that works pretty well too.

• K4sum1 changed the title to r3dfox, modern Firefox based web browser for Windows 7!