StartAllBack RC: New System Tray

Tihiy

2 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Please capture crash dump

I'm so sorry! I imported the .reg key like you said. I created c:\dumps. I crashed multiple times but I'm not getting a .dmp file. I confirmed in Eventvwr that explorer did crash however.

Is there any other thing I can do to get you a crash dump?

I finally got a dmp file. After playing around a little bit more it seems to be dpi related. I was able to make it happen more consistently by lowering my DPI from 150% to 125%, connecting to my RDP session. Leaving the RDP session. Raising my DPI back to 150% and reconnecting to my RDP session. The taskbar did a bunch of weird stuff and explorer crashed. This time I got a dmp file. The crash when first connecting to my RDP session seems inconsistent and based on the graphical glitch seemed like a DPI scaling related issue.

Here is the link to the dmp file. I packed it in a 7z archive to compress it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmeKwJQZ3JWKhN9fQcFBjWTjjTgZTw?e=X6m5tl

Edited by mackid1993

15 hours ago, Tihiy said:

The crashes are in 'unloaded networx.dll'

Sorry!

Hi @Tihiy I noticed a graphical bug in a few apps namely device manager and the top blue bar in mstsc.exe when an RDP session is full screen. If I uninstall SAB and reboot it goes away. If I then reinstall SAB it comes back. I believe it may have something to do with the option Colorize everything with accent color. If I disable that it is still messed up but the colors change immediately upon toggling that option. I'm unsure if this is related to the beta or stable, I'm posting here because I am running the beta.

With colorize everything enabled:

image.png.a0ce20b0a86a782f39b2f84bd3ed8545.png

Without colorize everything enabled (note the back and forward arrows turned to purple):

image.png.f305eac2c1b3bc57c30945347d592dc1.png

Changing that setting immediately makes the arrows purple which also makes me think this must be a SAB related bug. If this is unrelated to SAB I apologize.

Edit: I want to add. If I change my accent color that color palette seen changes with the accent color.

@Tihiy StartAllBack System Tray completely destroyed the AHK TrayIcon library, and now it is no longer possible to extract TrayIcons information to operate TrayIcon through shortcut keys. I tried to modify the "NotifyIconOverflowWindow" in the script to "SIBNotifyIconOverflowWindow", but it did not work. Can you tell me what should be modified to make it work?

https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1229&sid=4279dd7f3fd163363505939f8497611b

5 hours ago, Tihiy said:

It will not be supported. What needs?

Can you provide a method that an external program can obtain a list that includes the correspondence between the exe name and the hwnd of the tray icon, so that the external program can simulate a right-click on the tray icon? StartAllBack System Tray should not have fewer features than the original.

Edited by OedoSoldier

6 hours ago, Tihiy said:

How do you it with Windows 11 tray then? What's the scenario of request?

Assign a shortcut key to simulate clicking the tray icon. If you google "AHK click a tray icon" you will know that many AHK users need this. I usually hide the taskbar. If there is a shortcut key to click the tray icon, it will make my life easier. I think you only need to fill the button Text in ToolbarWindow321 in SIBNotifyIconOverflowWindow with exe name and tray icon info:

hwnd:Window handle

uid:Application defined identifier for the icon

msgid:Application defined callback message

I need this information to simulate clicking on a trayicon.

Edited by OedoSoldier

Is it possible for SAB to restore the old Win10 control center in future. The registry key (UseLiteLayout) is working with SAB. But the closing animation is buggy. I think that it might be possible for SAB to made a proper comeback of Old Action Center with fixes.

If we use files from .51 build (early build of w11) with current version, it is working fine without any issue. But, as we know that MS keep throwing updates like s***, so in future, it might be possible that MS remove that.

So. I thought that I should ask for that with dev.

1 hour ago, Roshan said:

Is it possible for SAB to restore the old Win10 control center in future. The registry key (UseLiteLayout) is working with SAB. But the closing animation is buggy. I think that it might be possible for SAB to made a proper comeback of Old Action Center with fixes.

If we use files from .51 build (early build of w11) with current version, it is working fine without any issue. But, as we know that MS keep throwing updates like s***, so in future, it might be possible that MS remove that.

So. I thought that I should ask for that with dev.

What is the use case for the Win 10 control center? The Win 11 one is really a better fit for pretty much every use case and can be combined with legacy flyouts.

I doubt he is going to implement something like this that many people won't use.