Supermium

For those who may think this thread is visited regularly by win32, I just want to remind them that this thread was created and owned by Dibya, and that the first and only time win32 participated in it was in september 2023 (first page), about right before an apparently very sensitive to brightness participant complained about "excessive brightness", something only one other participant in this thread has complained about. For them: try dark mode/dark ui flags, they work flawlessly and, as the whole supermium package, for free.

Edited by dmiranda

3 hours ago, dmiranda said:

For those who may think this thread is visited regularly by win32

win32 does visit it. Try to read before posting. It had already been posted

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185045-supermium/?do=findComment&comment=1259720

I just want to remind them that this thread was created and owned by Dibya

No one "owns" threads here.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185045-supermium/?do=findComment&comment=1259793

For them: try dark mode/dark ui flags, they work flawlessly and, as the whole supermium package, for free.

There's no need to parrot what I already said before. Please stop inflating this topic, like you usually do with all others, too.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185045-supermium/?do=findComment&comment=1259723

For those who may think this thread is visited regularly by win32, I just want to remind them that this thread was created and owned by Dibya, and that the first and only time win32 participated in it was in september 2023 (first page), about right before an apparently very sensitive participant complained about "excessive brightness", something only one other participant in this thread has complained about. For them: try dark mode/dark ui flags, they work flawlessly and, as the whole supermium package, for free.

What's the purpose of your post rather than spam? No one needs your judgemental attitude. But then again, it proves what I wrote before. 

Reporting increased brightness issue is perfectly fine - it's not "complaining". Again troubles with the translation software?

In fact, the brightness increases with each version, 117/118 was tolerable, 121 not. Ho many times do I have to tell you, dark flags do NOT change the font rendering. They simply replace web pages with inverted colours, or white areas with black.

Fonts stay the sameStudy, study, study.

I'm a bit CLUELESS as to the rampant speculation regarding "win32" and why he does or does not post here at MSFN.

He seldom posts, period, this is NOT his HOME.  For those of us who do make this our HOME, why in Hades do we assume that others do the same?

5 hours ago, Karla Sleutel said:

me and all other members who wish well to this project and want it to continue.

You're very rude, you need to apologize.

Agree *AND* disagree.

Ode et amo.  I hate her and I love her, you ask how can that be, I don't know but it is so, and I'm in agony.

Programmers like win32 are NOT thin-skinned, nobody shares a project publicly that is unable to take criticisim.

We are all here to IMPROVE the project.  PERIOD!  I have high hopes for Supermium!

4 hours ago, dmiranda said:

something only one other participant in this thread has complained about

To be fair, that participant "commented", not "complained".  And that same "comment" has been made regarding several other web browsers also.

Seems to me that it MIGHT BE something specific to that participant's hardware or self-admitted MODDED graphic's driver.  I was unable to witness this "brightness" difference in one of the participants other-browser comments.

Yes, the fonts were "wider" in that other-browser comment, but to me the were the same "brightness" via screencap RGB, hue, saturation.

It's simply a "comment" (just like any of our "comparisons").

Yes, the fonts are "different",  Yes, dark mode is always a NIGHTMARE in "my opinion".

But all is relevant to the "discussion".

Regarding font differences, be that "brightness" or be that "wideness", aren't there flags to enable/disable GDI, it may simply be GDI rendering.

I have not looked into the font differences, to be honest, I cannot confirm nor deny whether they "are" different or not.

HIGH HOPES.  It's just not at a level where I wish to devote any "time" to yet.  IT WILL BE, eventually.  Just "not yet".

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Regarding font differences, be that "brightness" or be that "wideness"

Look at the area around Skia/115 ......

It's noticable there with a naked eye.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm a bit CLUELESS as to the rampant speculation regarding "win32" and why he does or does not post here at MSFN.

He seldom posts, period, this is NOT his HOME.  For those of us who do make this our HOME, why in Hades do we assume that others do the same?

Win32 always answered to my inquires, always. SO yeah, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to drown in this {insert a word according to your imagination}. Take a look at the amount of your last posts here. Are they useful? Are they informative?