Last Version of Software for Windows 8.1

xedakide

Waterfox 6.06 once again allows me to retrieve my email.  Not sure what the problem was.  Some time ago, I could not access one of my financial accounts with Waterfox.  This problem was eventually corrected, but no indication in the release notes.

• 4 weeks later...

December 2023

Firefox 123, the eighth post-EOL version, works

Opera 107, based on Chromium 121, works too

Microsoft 365 v2401, now one year after the original EOL with v2301, also works (except OneNote, which gives me an error starting 2401)

For all of them, the methods stated above must be applied obviously

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 2:58 AM, yoltboy01 said:

Opera 107, based on Chromium 121, works too

With or without sandbox? I've read it leads to a huge memory leak, like the one on Supermium.

On 1/21/2024 at 3:06 PM, D.Draker said:

With or without sandbox? I've read it leads to a huge memory leak, like the one on Supermium.

Only without sandbox. I am not using any Chromium based browser on 8.1 tho. I'm using the latest Firefox. Works perfectly

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 12:26 AM, yoltboy01 said:

Firefox 125 - Windows 8.1

Working

imgur.com/a/wehn0PR

Hi, I'm curios, do you use the below function, as a die-hard Firefox user. Preferably better to reply there, thanks.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/186026-further-encrypting-firefox-traffic-with-hybrid-kyber-kem-which-they-claim-to-be-more-secure/

Please don't forget to vote.

floorp is intended for w10+ and remove sse4.1 requirement i hope firefox lets win8.1 install a little long time more.

https://github.com/Floorp-Projects/Floorp/releases

🌟 What’s new!

• Floorp Expands CPU Support and Delivers Speed Boost on Windows 32-bit

Good news for Windows 32-bit users! Floorp no longer requires a CPU that supports SSE4.1 instructions for installation. This means wider compatibility, with support for all CPUs that can run Firefox.

If you're having trouble launching the 64-bit version of Floorp, try the 32-bit version instead. It might solve the issue!

Edited by upadi

• 1 month later...

Firefox 127 - Windows 8.1

imgur.com/a/baIjICO

Only one version left till the next ESR Release. If Mozilla doesn't introduce any function from Windows 10+ in later 127 builds or 128 the next version will be supported for another year (late 2025). Apparently, Windows 7 users are having a huge advantage now as VxKex allows installing the latest Chrome/Firefox. For 8.1, you can use Supermium or (I wouldn't recommend it) the latest Opera (based on Chromium 124). It works with --no-sandbox and DWrite from Windows 10 as well as changing DiscardVirtualMemory -> Virtual Alloc.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:41 PM, D.Draker said:

Hi, I'm curios, do you use the below function, as a die-hard Firefox user. Preferably better to reply there, thanks.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/186026-further-encrypting-firefox-traffic-with-hybrid-kyber-kem-which-they-claim-to-be-more-secure/

Please don't forget to vote.

I'm sorry man I totally forgot to do that. I was in the middle of an intense exam phase. I'll try that out

On 4/15/2024 at 11:15 PM, yoltboy01 said:

I'm sorry man I totally forgot to do that. I was in the middle of an intense exam phase. I'll try that out

No worries, please take your time! Studies are more important, and thanks for getting back at me.