ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2022 rebuild 3

2 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

lol.  You preferred 1030 over 2022 so that was one of the driving factors to release a 1030.

BTW, your release 360Chrome v13.5 build 1030 rebuild 7 works great in general, but I re-rebased the chrome.dll back to the address 0x62a00000 which seems to be more suitable in my system. With your rebased chrome.dll to the address 0x3e1c0000, I had some freezes. Now, it works better. :yes: Anyway! Good version! Thanks for your efforts! :)

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

BTW, your release 360Chrome v13.5 build 1030 rebuild 7 works great in general, but I re-rebased the chrome.dll back to the address 0x62a00000 which seems to be more suitable in my system. With your rebased chrome.dll to the address 0x3e1c0000, I had some freezes. Now, it works better. :yes: Anyway! Good version! Thanks for your efforts! :)

Yeah, I was kind of afraid of that.  Rebase address will be heavily dependent on the end-user's system.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

13.5.1030 does not pass.

But 13.5.2022 does pass.

13.5.1030 should also pass if Disable site isolation in chrome://flags/ is set back to Default. Browser restart is needed for this to take effect. After restarting, double-check in chrome://flags/ that the change actually took - 360 occasionally doesn't save its state properly upon shutdown. If the setting is OK, https://mybrowseraddon.com/webrtc-control.html should work. Tested with a freshly unzipped 360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_7_ungoogled profile, YMMV if other settings have been customized.

The reason this works in 13.5.2022 is that the distribution doesn't include a pre-set \User Data\Local State the way 13.5.1030 does, so there are no customized preferences loaded from it.

Edited by mixit

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Everything web-based Google works without allowing the telemetry from the Chrome Web Store setting a Google cookie.

So this cookie is only set by the Store and not by Gmail or their other services? Sorry for asking again, but saying "everything web-based Google works" doesn't really answer this part for me. The reason I'm asking is that it seems a bit unlike Google to only track Store users in a permanent way and not everyone with a Google account. When this tracking feature was first introduced, it seems to have applied to Google accounts in general (I say this based on reading a few articles from the time), but of course 360 may have made any number of changes to what Google had in place.

37 minutes ago, mixit said:

13.5.1030 should also pass if Disable site isolation in chrome://flags/ is set back to Default. Browser restart is needed for this to take effect. After restarting, double-check in chrome://flags/ that the change actually took - 360 occasionally doesn't save its state properly upon shutdown. If the setting is OK, https://mybrowseraddon.com/webrtc-control.html should work. Tested with a freshly unzipped 360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_7_ungoogled profile, YMMV if other settings have been customized.

The reason this works in 13.5.2022 is that the distribution doesn't include a pre-set \User Data\Local State the way 13.5.1030 does, so there are no customized preferences loaded from it.

In my installation of 360Chrome v13.5 build 1030 rebuild 7, the Cloudflare check of the website https://mybrowseraddon.com/webrtc-control.html is passing successfully although the check takes a bit longer than usual. Setting back the flag Disable site isolation to Default was the first action I did when I installed this new build. It works definitely better with this default setting. Additionally, I added 18 flags and two command line switches. And of course, extensions. In total 13 of them, but not all of them are enabled. I manage them with the extension Extension Manager:)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, mixit said:

Yes, the website works to me too now after setting Disable site isolation flag to Default. Many thanks for your help.

Why Cloudflare deems features like site isolation necessary for "connection security" of their customers is anyone's guess. It's not as if the very latest Chromium couldn't be run headless or embedded or puppeteered with automated clicks, with all the feature gimmicks thus available to botters. And if someone is actually going to hack a site, verifying that they're human sure isn't going to keep them out. :lol: I seriously doubt that a significant amount of "bad" traffic to these sites comes from browsers that were commandeered because the user had turned off site isolation... Mostly what this seems to accomplish is gatekeeping against older browsers. :rolleyes:

Edited by mixit

5 hours ago, mixit said:

Why Cloudflare deems features like site isolation necessary for "connection security" of their customers is anyone's guess. It's not as if the very latest Chromium couldn't be run headless or embedded or puppeteered with automated clicks, with all the feature gimmicks thus available to botters. And if someone is actually going to hack a site, verifying that they're human sure isn't going to keep them out. :lol: I seriously doubt that a significant amount of "bad" traffic to these sites comes from browsers that were commandeered because the user had turned off site isolation... Mostly what this seems to accomplish is gatekeeping against older browsers. :rolleyes:

Agreed.

And  I just double-checked, I have been running site isolation for the last couple of weeks.  "Spectre" mitigation is ZERO priority as far as my browsing needs.

But now with Cloudflare not liking it, I did switch it back to default on my setup.  It is a "balance", I'd rather consume more RAM but be 100% functional.  Not "everything" boils down to RAM in my book.

edit - I also switch to UN-REBASED build 1030 as my default.  But it seems a splitting-of-hairs between it and 2022.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

The flag setting doesn't solve this for me, even on much newer browsers, not to mention any of these. It only gets me to the point where I'm offered to enter captcha, and If I check the checkbox - nothing happens next.

7 hours ago, mixit said:

Why Cloudflare deems features like site isolation necessary for "connection security" of their customers is anyone's guess. It's not as if the very latest Chromium couldn't be run headless or embedded or puppeteered with automated clicks, with all the feature gimmicks thus available to botters.

I guess I shouldn't have been so categorical, this actually is somewhat of a problem for automated captcha solvers.

In addition you might want to disable site isolation, so puppeteer is able to access cross-origin iframes:

puppeteer.launch({
  args: [
    '--disable-features=IsolateOrigins,site-per-process,SitePerProcess',
    '--flag-switches-begin --disable-site-isolation-trials --flag-switches-end'
  ]
})

Edited by mixit