[BREAKTHROUGH] NEW Nvidia drivers ported to Vista. Tutorial.

D.Draker

Many years passed and it seemed no one's going to port newer Nvidia drivers to Vista , I decided to do it myself.

Also, I decided to do some contribution to MSFN and took some time to create this tutorial .

As we know , the last officially supported driver was from the early May of 2016 . This one is from 2017 !

Some may say it's a miracle , you betcha !

It took me several weeks to try and test everything and it works flawlessly !

Had to emphasise a bit (due to some folks not seeing the main detalis).

You need to know, I test on a 900 series Titan, and don't know anything about the 1000-series.

You don't need the ex-kernel , I tested on a clean Vista with the updates up to 03.2019.*

*only because we have lots of updates fans .

These are QUADRO drivers and it's not an error !

It's not allowed to share modded copyright protected material here, hence the new topic with the precise instructions follows,

it's easy to do when you know what to do in advance . This may seem like a simple mod , agree , but this is only when someone (me) already performed 

extensive testings on real hardware (not a VM).

Tools you need : CFF Explorer , Universal Extractor and any HEX editor you like. Go and grab here:

https://ntcore.com/?tag=cff-explorer

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/Universal-Extractor-Bioruebe.shtml

Download here 376.84 (I like this one more).

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/115278/en-us/ 

Or the newest Version: 377.83  WHQL (tested , but didn't have enough time to test all of the games).

Release Date: 18.01.2018

Language: English (UK)

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-Quadro-Graphics-Driver-377-83-64-bit.shtml and extract with Universal Extractor to an empty folder :

DELETE ALL folders , except : Display.Driver , HDAudio, NVI2 , PhysX.

DELETE these Nvidia "telemetry virus" files in NVI2 folder :

NvTelemetry.dll

NVI2SystemService32.sys

NVI2SystemService64.sys

NVNetworkService.exe

NVNetworkServiceAPI.dll

presentations.cfg

progress.htm

presentations.dll

Add your device to the nv_dispwi.inf , also replace NTamd64.6.1 with

NTamd64.6.0  and [NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1] with [NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.6.0]

Having difficulties to do so ? Then read . How to Modify NVIDIA Driver .INF Files

https://null-src.com/posts/nvidia-notebook-driver-inf-mod/post.php

Now open Display.Driver and extract these with Universal Extractor to another folder:

nvlddmkm.sy_

nvd3dum.dl_

nvd3dumx.dl_

nvwgf2um.dl_

nvwgf2umx.dl_

PATCHING :

nvlddmkm.sys - go to offset D571F0 (for 377.83 it's at the offset 00D8B7F0) and replace

FF84C0740AB8BB0000C0 with FFEB24740AB8BB0000C0, save then open in CFF Explorer

go to import directory : ntoskernel.exe and replace 

KeQueryLogicalProcessorRelationship

with

KeQueryMaximumProcessorCount

memcpy_s

with

memcpy

***only for drivers starting from 377.50***

strnlen

replace with

strlen

Earlier ones , ignore the above step.

In CFF Explorer go to rebuilder and REMOVE the checkmark with "PE header" , but select "update checksum", click on rebuild  and save.

The other four files - go to import directory : kernel 32

K32EnumProcessModules

replace with

GetProcAddress

K32GetModuleFileNameExA

replace with

GetModuleFileNameA

REMOVE the checkmark with "PE header" , but select "update checksum",click on rebuild  and save.

RENAME all five patched files to 

nvlddmkm.sy_

nvd3dum.dl_

nvd3dumx.dl_

nvwgf2um.dl_

nvwgf2umx.dl_

and place them them to Display.Driver .

DISCLAIMER 

Some might not like the use of additional software that may or may not be flagged by their KGB/FSB "antivirus". 

Per various sources , including me , permanent disabling of drivers signature enforcement is just not possible

since Vista , so you'd have to use Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b and I'm not resposible in any way !

HOW TO INSTALL the modded driver .

Run CMD as ADMIN

bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on

Reboot , install the  driver. Do NOT restart . Run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and choose "sign a system driver".

Sign all three !

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvd3dum.dll

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\nvd3dumx.dll

Reboot , go and play.

Optional :

Run RemoveWatermarkX64 to remove the "test mode" watermark . REBOOT.

Special thanks to the advisor @win32, who pointed out the location of the version checks in the previous driver (376.11-in the first pic. ), which I finally decided not to use since I found a much better and

newer driver 376.84 from the year 2017 (in the pics. from 2 to 6).

If you share this topic , don't forget to tag me. @D.Draker.

Final thoughts : Vista lives.

376.png

DX11.gif

CUDA.gif

Panel.png

API.png

84.gif

377.83 Ti_DX11.gif

377.83 Ti.gif

377.83.gif

Edited by D.Draker
Added NEW Drivers

12 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

DELETE ALL folders , except : Display.Driver , HDAudio, NVI2 , PhysX.

Nice tutorial, I'll try that on my GTS 250 bench when I'll get to it.

What if I would like to have GeForce Experience running? Is it vital to purge everything non-related to the display driver directly?

3 hours ago, SigmaTel71 said:

Nice tutorial, I'll try that on my GTS 250 bench when I'll get to it.

What if I would like to have GeForce Experience running? Is it vital to purge everything non-related to the display driver directly?

Thank you . Unfortunately GTS250 is not supported , it's too old for this driver. The last driver for GT250 was 342.smth. 

Yes vital , because they may have the telemetry functions from windows 7 and may not work with Vista.

7 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Unfortunately GTS250 is not supported , it's too old for this driver.

Would be there any differences if I move Windows 7 counterpart to Windows Vista of 342.01 driver which seems to have both Vista and 7 sections?

unknown.png

In this case, I can swap it for GT 730 which is still supported through 'security driver', but the closest driver I could find is 378.78, not 378.84.

image.png.157f2c044e79bb2eb78b1237b9fdea1a.png

Edited by SigmaTel71

Would be there any differences if I move Windows 7 counterpart to Windows Vista of 342.01 driver which seems to have both Vista and 7 sections?

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

In this case, I can swap it for GT 730 which is still supported through 'security driver', but the closest driver I could find is 378.78, not 378.84.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.157f2c044e79bb2eb78b1237b9fdea1a.png

image.png

1 - 342.01, don't know anything about it . The last time I used it was 10 years ago or so , sorry.

2 - But the link is right. Click the link from the post above .  Yes . GT730 will work with this driver 376.84 ( released 24 February 2017)

Download here .Here it is .

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/115278/en-us/

3 hours ago, winvispixp said:

can't wait to test this on my gtx 1060

unfortunately i'm not in town for the next 3 weeks so no feedback from me until then

I'm not counting on the feedback from the 1000-series owners. I did a short test with my neighbour's 1070 and 456.xx and the result was not good.

You may try , of course . But there's no guarantee.

11 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

But the link is right.

It says it's for Quadro family of GPUs, that's kinda confusing for me. Which videocard have you been using while creating this patch? IIRC, you have something around GeForce 900 series?

It says it's for Quadro family of GPUs, that's kinda confusing for me. Which videocard have you been using while creating this patch? IIRC, you have something around GeForce 900 series?

Yep , that's RIGHT , Quadro !! But that's what the mod is for ! Please read the post , I already wrote I test on a Titan 900 series ib the beginning of the topic.

3 hours ago, winvispixp said:

can't wait to test this on my gtx 1060

unfortunately i'm not in town for the next 3 weeks so no feedback from me until then

On a second thought , I know 373.19 works with 1050ti , so these might work too.

2 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Please read the post , I already wrote I test on a Titan 900 series ib the beginning of the topic.

Got it! The formatting makes it quite hard to read though. If you want, I can make the tutorial look a little better.

Got it! The formatting makes it quite hard to read though. If you want, I can make the tutorial look a little better.

What browser are you on ? The formatting looks good for me on 360 Explorer.

1 minute ago, D.Draker said:

The formatting looks good for me on 360 Explorer.

I don't have issues with CSS as I'm running Vivaldi 5.3 on my Windows 8.1 machine. I mean, the whole post is just looking like a bunch of paragraphs (and excessive paddings) without anything to ease the readthrough.

I don't have issues with CSS as I'm running Vivaldi 5.3 on my Windows 8.1 machine. I mean, the whole post is just looking like a bunch of paragraphs (and excessive paddings) without anything to ease the readthrough.

Nothing even remotely similar on my side . Looks like you might want to upgrade from 8.1 to Vista ))))

360.png