Looking for a person with Python programming skills to implement TLS 1.3 functionality in ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e

AstroSkipper

On 7/16/2022 at 6:47 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It's not that simple.

Making IE changes directly from the registry via Default or All Users profile hive as opposed to your Current User hive (which POSReady updates will do) is all it takes for the GUI to throw that "managed by your system admin" message.

Hello @NotHereToPlayGames..

I've examined the reg files @cmalex kindly attached and I found it to be (almost) what I have but I went ahead and imported the file to the reg.

I've reset my internet explorer and internet settings and I can't get rid of that. All the resetting and can't get rid of that.

Dare I even ask ... how do I get rid of this guys?

Thanks you very much and I appreciate your help.

494336056_managedbyadmin.thumb.JPG.2f6f5cdc06f8c84f2d39872d4810dcb2.JPG

I'm (truly) at a loss here.

Edited by XPerceniol

Hi @XPerceniol, never seen this message before! Which account do you use In Windows XP? vertsennuie.gif I assume you have to reset some or all permissions in the registry. But first, use the standard administrator account which always exists in Windows XP in addition to your personal admin account, and add permissions for reading and writing of these entries. Which file system do you use? FAT32 or NTFS?

Edited by AstroSkipper

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hi @XPerceniol, never seen this message before! Which account do you use In Windows XP? vertsennuie.gif

account.thumb.JPG.3c8e3fc71082097295b4563bafb25c43.JPG

I disabled the super admin account and use my DELL account normally. Sometimes I'll switch to power user or user if trying out new things.

Honestly, I'm getting the sneaky suspicion I've get trouble in group policy but wouldn't know where to began with that.  Can't you just reset that to defaults?

24 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I disabled the super admin account and use my DELL account normally. Sometimes I'll switch to power user or user if trying out new things.

Honestly, I'm getting the sneaky suspicion I've get trouble in group policy but wouldn't know where to began with that.  Can't you just reset that to defaults?

First, enable again your super admin account! It is a very important account to do things which can't be done with a normal admin account. And perform a Google search referring to the issue "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am sure there will be a lot of hits. Windows XP is the best documentated OS ever. Furthermore, there are some tools to reset permissions and presumably, the group policies. Perform a second Google search by entering "reset group policies in Windows XP". That's what I would do. All of these problems are well documentated, some articles have to be read by using the wayback machine, of course. :yes:
Linkshttps://www.oreilly.com/library/view/windows-xp-in/0596009003/re99.html  
https://www.wikihow.com/Refresh-the-Group-Policy-Settings-in-Windows

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

@XPerceniol, I found that on social.technet.microsoft.com
Link:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/de-DE/cd9e1fc2-e209-49f4-ae4a-78222969c6b2/some-settings-are-managed-by-your-system-administrator?forum=winserversecurity

Hi everyone, I had this problem and I managed to solve it !!!!

After upgrading Windows XP Pro to service pack 3 and upgrading internet explorer 8 I also couldn't nothing with the annoying announcement "some setting are managed by your system administrator" !!!

Well...
It goes like this
In gpedit you dont need to enter, its no use.

You need to enter RUN - 'REGEDIT'

In regedit go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel

In control panel you need to change all the keys to 0 !!!
I know 0 should do disabled but that what I did and it works :D
No restart is needed, just do it and close REGEDIT

Maybe, it helps you to get rid of this problem. :) I have marked for you the important parts. :hello:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Greetings.

Please say to me, if i do something wrong...

https://mega.nz/folder/68dj2YTY#As2w31IO4Smr7gy6p1ciSg

OpenSSL*.7z - development files and binaries of OpenSSL (for testing purpose)

3proxy*.7z - package of 3Proxy + SSLPlugin. After launch bin\3proxy.exe  it open port MITM 3128 (due to configuration stored in 3proxy.cfg). Additional options - "toggle_certstore" - to not save certificates in certs folder and "ssl_ciphers" - list of allowed ciphers in OpenSSL notation. Default "ALL" (~140ciphers), full set - "ALL:COMPLEMENTOFALL"(~190 ciphers)

ProxyMII*.7z - package of ProxyMII + Python3.7.1. After launch ProxHTTPSProxy.exe or ProxHTTPSProxy.bat it open MITM port 8079 (due to config.ini)

I'd tried to add to OpenSSL very weak cipher (DES-CBC-SHA) as 'last hope' to connect - but it doesn't work as expected. IE8 can connect with OpenSSL s_server via this cipher, but both 3proxy and ProxyMII throw an error.

Yes, it must work without PosReady. At least i'd checked it on fresh virtual WinXP SP3 without additional updates (made sure there was no 256bits ciphers and TLS1.1/TLS1.2). Python 3.7.1 required Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.

In 3proxy next config open 3128 as MITM and 3126 as standard proxy for all domains except *.google.com and msfn.org (they will be redirected to 3128 port and, therefore, MITM). Domains must be listed in one line, without spaces, with comma as delimiter.

ssl_mitm
proxy -p3128
ssl_nomitm

allow * * *.google.com,msfn.org
parent 1000 connect+ 127.0.0.1 3128
allow *
proxy -p3126

Best regards.

14 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

@XPerceniol, I found that on social.technet.microsoft.com
Link:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/de-DE/cd9e1fc2-e209-49f4-ae4a-78222969c6b2/some-settings-are-managed-by-your-system-administrator?forum=winserversecurity

Maybe, it helps you to get rid of this problem. :) I have marked for you the important parts. :hello:

YAY!!!

Followed this advice and that did it ... I've got control again of my IE settings.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

YAY!!!

Followed this advice and that did it ... I've got control again of my IE settings.

spacer.png

Very good! ssupercool2.gif Glad it works for you finally! :cheerleader: As I stated in a previous post, Windows XP is the best documentated OS ever! 

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

36 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Not here, they  broke several programs on my garage computer that doesn't get used for home-office tasks.  I ended up reinstalling XP without the POS (Piece of Stuff).

I never had any problems with the POSReady updates. Therefore, I can't confirm your observations. sorry.gif

PS: Maybe, your garage computer possesses a CPU with SSE instructions set only. The POSReady updates weren't compatible with such systems since August of 2018. jexplique.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Off-topic of course, but I concur.
POSReady updates have never given me any problems, but they did give me an extra five years worth of security updates!
:yes:

In this thread, you really can't go off-topic anymore. :buehehe: Anyway, I agree with you, wholeheartedly. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper

20 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

...But I highly doubt that Microsoft will send you to jail for "hacking" your otherwise legal XP.

Oh yeah ... I tend to struggle to stay on-topic most times.:wub: Wish I were kidding but my mind does drift often .. oh well, thank you MSFN staff for putting up with me.

Agreed ... I think 5 years extra was worth it, but if I decided to fresh install again, I'd likely not update to pos ready again.

See .. here's the thing:

I'm going down anyway for the following:

1. Once I ordered a bagel when I knew it was the last one and an old lady behind me wanted it --- see how cruel and mean I am.

2. When I go to the coffee shoppe I take extra sugar packets when the cashier has their back turned and whistle and  pretend I'm innocent as pure driven snow -- very mast man, am I.

3. I've removed all the tags from pillows and mattresses -- shhh don't tell anybody.

4. I've pulled the fire alarm just to be devious.

Could go on-and-one...

So "Jail" .... unfortunately, for me, its the electric chair. :crazy:

Edited by XPerceniol

31 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Agreed ... I think 5 years extra was worth it, but if I decided to fresh install again, I'd likely not update to pos ready again.

31 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

So "Jail" .... unfortunately, for me, its the electric chair. :crazy:

Each computer I'd have to install Windows XP Professional SP3 to would get all POSReady updates, unless it owned a CPU with SSE instructions set only. In such a case only the POSReady updates until July of 2018. :yes: BTW, this @XPerceniol guy is a good one! Therefore, I plead for acquittal. Neither electric chair nor jail! :thumbup :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition