14 hours ago, tinman2000 said:

Hi AstroSkipper - thanks for the help! I'll see if I can get everything to work.

Re: installing different versions... I went and downloaded MyPal 68.14.2b because Fedor indicated on GitHub that Flash was acting up on the new MyPal 68.14.3b version. I'll keep up with upgrades as needed. :D

Ok. You're welcome. Maybe, @feodor2 is able to fix the plug-ins (flash) issue in one of his next releases. But one thing is clear. MyPal 68.14.3b performs better than the 68.14.2b release and has been fixed regarding several issues. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

doing a install of latest version, I notice there was no update to one folder, "gmp-clearkey" and the components with in. This was initially installed with update "mypal-68.14.2.en-US.win32", was wondering if there was an update? was wondering if it was included accidentally? was wondering if we need to delete it now?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to upgrade from MyPal 68.13 to MyPal 68.14 - but I'm running into an issue. I'm trying to use the Import Wizard to import my bookmarks, passwords, etc. from MyPal 68. Unfortunately, the Import Wizard won't recognize MyPal 68 to import the data. It just picks up a couple of old browsers I need to delete off my system. (See the enclosed message.) Can anyone suggest a work around on this? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Error Message.JPG

11 minutes ago, tinman2000 said:

I'm trying to upgrade from MyPal 68.13 to MyPal 68.14 - but I'm running into an issue. I'm trying to use the Import Wizard to import my bookmarks, passwords, etc. from MyPal 68. Unfortunately, the Import Wizard won't recognize MyPal 68 to import the data. It just picks up a couple of old browsers I need to delete off my system. (See the enclosed message.) Can anyone suggest a work around on this? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Error Message.JPG

Forget about this Import Wizard! :thumbdown Just copy all files of Mypal 68.14.3b about the old ones and open your last used profile when starting the browser! All data and also your bookmarks are inside your profile.

15 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Agreed, I've never used the "Import Wizard".

But what does it do when you click NEXT?  Does it then pop up another dialog for an .html file that you EXPORTED from Chrome (for example, I don't recall what IE "exports").

As far as I remember correctly, it imports automatically all bookmarks, for example, as selected in the picture, from the Internet Explorer. No further options.

On 8/16/2024 at 3:14 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Forget about this Import Wizard! :thumbdown Just copy all files of Mypal 68.14.3b about the old ones and open your last used profile when starting the browser! All data and also your bookmarks are inside your profile.

Thanks AstroSkipper - I've got that all taken care of.

Here's something else I can't figure out... Is it possible to change the theme on MyPal 68.14?

In the past, I was able to install a Pale Moon theme for earlier versions of MyPal by going here: https://addons.palemoon.org/themes/

Unfortunately, when I try to install a theme from this list now, I get the attached error message. Are these themes no longer compatible with MyPal?

Thanks in advance.

Error Message.JPG

21 hours ago, tinman2000 said:

Is it possible to change the theme on MyPal 68.14?

Yes, of course.

21 hours ago, tinman2000 said:

In the past, I was able to install a Pale Moon theme for earlier versions of MyPal by going here: https://addons.palemoon.org/themes/

Unfortunately, when I try to install a theme from this list now, I get the attached error message. Are these themes no longer compatible with MyPal?

These themes you linked to have never been compatible with Mypal 68.x but with the old Mypal 29.x. You have to look for themes compatible with Firefox 68.x (Firefox Quantum), for example, here: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/themes/
But do not expect to find complete themes as it was the case in the legacy browsers! They are almost gone. Only light ones are still available. Regarding your issue, you seem to mix up legacy browsers like Pale Moon, New Moon and Mypal 29 with Quantum based browsers like Firefox 68 or Mypal 68:whistle: You can read more about that, for example, here: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183657-mypal-68-in-windows-xp-custom-buttons-and-extensions/ :P There, I have listed different ways to customise Mypal 68. And of course, you will also find information in many other threads here on MSFN and everywhere else in the WWW. Search for Firefox Quantum themes:)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

AstroSkipper - thanks for the theme clarification. I haven't been paying attention to the differences between the legacy browsers and the Quantum based browsers. My bad!

I do have one more problem... I want to eliminate the horizontal tab bar at the top of the MyPal 68 browser. Back on May 15, 2023, someone posted a workaround to eliminate the bar. And I got it to work before. But now I can't get it to work on MyPal 68.14. Any suggestions?

Here's the original workaround:

1. Type about:support in the address bar and press Enter on your keyboard.

2. Click "Open Folder" next to "Profile Folder".

3. Create a new folder with the name chrome.

4. Create a new text file there and rename it to userChrome.css (make sure you have unchecked "Hide extensions for known file types in Folder Options, otherwise, it will be renamed to userChrome.css.txt)

5. Open the file with a text editor (I personally use Notepad++, but the bulit-in Windows Notepad works too), and copy the text from here and paste it to your userChrome.css file, then save the file.

6. Restart Mypal 68, and the bar should be turned off.

(All of the above is originally from https://www.pcworld.com/article/823939/vertical-tabs-in-firefox-yes-its-really-possible.html)

Edited by tinman2000

29 minutes ago, tinman2000 said:

AstroSkipper - thanks for the theme clarification. I haven't been paying attention to the differences between the legacy browsers and the Quantum based browsers. My bad!

You're welcome.

29 minutes ago, tinman2000 said:

I do have one more problem... I want to eliminate the horizontal tab bar at the top of the MyPal 68 browser. Back on May 15, 2023, someone posted a workaround to eliminate the bar. And I got it to work before. But now I can't get it to work on MyPal 68.14. Any suggestions?

You can customise Mypal 68 to your needs using CSS stylesheets and UC.JS scripts. I already gave you a link to my thread: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183657-mypal-68-in-windows-xp-custom-buttons-and-extensions/
There, you can find a lot about this stuff. If I understood you correctly, you want to completely get rid of the tab bar. Right? :dubbio: You can do such modifications via CSS code inside the userChrome.css file or via separate CSS files which must then be integrated into the userChrome.css via the import command. The latter is the way I prefer. But first, you should prepare Mypal 68 as described in the first post of my thread under "Reqiurements for custom buttons, other script-generated objects and CSS code implementations in Mypal 68".

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
5 hours ago, tinman2000 said:

You're welcome.

5 hours ago, tinman2000 said:

You can customise Mypal 68 to your needs using CSS stylesheets and UC.JS scripts. I already gave you a link to my thread: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183657-mypal-68-in-windows-xp-custom-buttons-and-extensions/
There, you can find a lot about this stuff. If I understood you correctly, you want to completely get rid of the tab bar. Right? :dubbio: You can do such modifications via CSS code inside the userChrome.css file or via separate CSS files which must then be integrated into the userChrome.css via the import command. The latter is the way I prefer. But first, you should prepare Mypal 68 as described in the first post of my thread under "Reqiurements for custom buttons, other script-generated objects and CSS code implementations in Mypal 68".

@tinman2000 Is that what you had in mind? :dubbio: Mypal 68.14.3b without tab bar and new tab button:

Mypal-68-Tab-bar-removed.png

:P

Edited by AstroSkipper