Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

5 hours ago, George King said:

Seems like we fixed it under 7 too as it was probably caused by corrupted acpi.sys. Using my patched (resigned too) it worked

I can confirm, no more 0x0000007B !

y4QdRIr.png

The previous ACPI fix I was using wasn't apparently enough for my system.

1 hour ago, Damnation said:

@sookoop

Can you double check in task manager if all of the CPU cores are showing up?

It looks like they are:

4870Kc7.png

Also I got Ethernet working by using this trick, I found version 22.5 of the driver here, the correct driver is located in the PRO2500 folder of the archive, I had to disable driver signing check to get it working properly since it requires INF file modification.

AfzU8DE.png

Edited by sookoop

21 hours ago, George King said:

True, link fixed. Stupid mistake when renaming folders..

3. XP SP3 RUN

(6) Good ----- acpi.sys v2.0(ACPI2.0_DDB_Fix_7z/X64,179KB)--("DowncoreControl: one"and"SMT Mode:Close"in Bios)

(7) STOP A5 BSOD ----- acpi.sys v2.0(ACPI2.0_DDB_Fix_7z/X64,179KB)--("DowncoreControl: two")

(8) STOP A5 BSOD ----- acpi.sys v2.0(ACPI2.0_DDB_Fix_7z/X64,179KB)--("SMT Mode:Auto")

(STOP 0x000000A5(0x0000003,0x30315A54,0xC0000034,0x494E495F)

======================================================================================
KDNET XP 

in WinXP SP3:

1. rename original kdnet.dll(v6.3.9600.17276) to kdnet_orig.dll

2. Place kdnet_orig.dll,xdelta3.exe,kdnet_delta.bin to c:\kdnetmod

3. Open CMD.exe

4. cd c:\kdnetmod

xdelta3.exe -v -f -d -s kdnet_orig.dll kdnet_delta.bin kdnet.dll 

5. "Program too big to fit in menmory", These is not kdnet.dll.   Why?

@LanXing

link https://ufile.io/w7fej333
pass 123

kdnet and instructions thanks to Mov Ax 0xDEAD

kdnet10.dll for INTEL lan chip

for realtek/atheros rename kd_02_10ec.dll/kd_02_1969.dll to kdnet10.dll

2b) On TARGET add TWO lines to end of c:\boot.ini (or d:/e: depend where you have installed XP)
[boot loader]
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS - my example, keep your own variant
[operating systems]
... - previous boot entries
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="LAN Debug"      /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /debug /debugport=NET /HOST_IP=192.168.1.1 /HOST_PORT=50000 /ENCRYPTION_KEY=this.is.secret.key /CPUFREQ=3600 /TARGET_IP=192.168.1.3 /BREAK /ONECPU
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="LAN Debug DHCP" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /debug /debugport=NET /HOST_IP=192.168.1.1 /HOST_PORT=50000 /ENCRYPTION_KEY=this.is.secret.key /CPUFREQ=3600 /BREAK /ONECPU

need to edit:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS - path to hdd partition where XP installed, insert your path
3600 - TARGET cpu frequency, dont append "Mhz" !
HOST_IP=192.168.1.1 - IP of HOST, when you connect direct two PC, you usualy don't have connection to router, so you need temporarly set static IP on HOST LAN connection, 192.168.1.1 is example, you can set own or keep this
TARGET_IP=192.168.1.3, IP of TARGET, we self set this IP to lan card, no need to set it in any other places, last digital can be random > 1

3) In firewall on HOST enable port 50000 UDP for incoming connection from TARGET or make rule to allow connection from 192.168.1.3

4) Run Windbg.exe on HOST,  select Kernel Debug, select LAN tab, enter 50000 port number and password this.is.secret.key
you must see message
    Using NET for debugging
    Opened WinSock 2.0
    Waiting to reconnect...

5) Power on TARGET PC, select LAN Debug, wait for miracle

6) If TARGER LAN connection started properly, in Windbg you must see some like:
Connected to Windows XP 2600 x86 compatible target at (Sat Apr  9 01:45:27.697 2022 (UTC + 5:00)), ptr64 FALSE
Kernel Debugger connection established.

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response                         Time (ms)     Location
Deferred                                       srv*C:\SYMBOLS*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: srv*C:\SYMBOLS*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 UP Free x86 compatible
Built by: 2600.xpsp.080413-2111
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055b1c0
System Uptime: not available
Break instruction exception - code 80000003 (first chance)
nt!DbgBreakPoint:
804e3586 cc              int     3

7) If you still see "Waiting to reconnect..." you can try second variant with DHCP server.
On HOST you need temporarly install and run any DHCP server (i use simple "DHCP Server for Windows"
from www.dhcpserver.de) and configure it to range 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.10, select LAN Debug DHCP when booting TARGET

I've been trying with @George Kingto get an install of XP onto a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 10 netbook.
Unfortunately, the BIOS is very XP unfriendly (the machine was designed for Windows 8).
I want to dual boot XP and Windows 10.
Windows 10 is fine of course, but on XP the nearest I've got is installing as a single processor ACPI PC, so it's only using one of the two processor cores.
There are multiple entries in the event log on every boot saying that there are no resources available for some of the hardware, including the audio hardware, so I have no sound.
George's packages work but will only install as a standard PC, anything else gives a 0xA5 BSOD (none-compliant BIOS).
I've tried lots of versions of ACPI.SYS, but none have worked.
George has recommended that I ask here to see if this can be debugged and whether any progress can be made.
I have been referred to a hacked version of the BIOS, but unfortunately it isn't compatible with my processor.
I also still want to dual boot with Windows 10, so I don't want to compromise that.
Thanks, Dave.
:)

10 hours ago, Damnation said:

@Dave-H

Have you tried any of the acpi.sys that have been built on this thread to see if they work for you?

2 hours ago, George King said:

I'm sure I have included in that ISO v4 and send one with DDB hack too.

Yes, I was going to say that I had been assuming that the latest versions of acpi.sys were being included in the packages that I'd been experimenting with with George.

Which one, there seem to be so many?!
FWIW the attached is the one I'm using at the moment, which has given the best result.
The (many) others I've tried just BSOD or will only allow an installation as a Standard PC.

acpi.sys

@Dave-H

Read your DSDT out from your Bios. You can also try to find the original 64bit Bios for you Flex10, but may be you dont find.

Then compare it with my for XP modded DSDT for the Flex10.

And then, make by hand step by step a new DSDT for you, via Beyond Compare 2.

For example the OSEL sleep in DSDT entry makes any Sata driver to stop in XP.

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
            {
                If ((OSEL == 0x02))
                {
                    Sleep (0xC8)
                }

Return (0x0F)
            }

Now comes the really hard work:

Without changing anything(!) in Bios you can make use of the tool from @Mov AX, 0xDEAD

for to load a DSDT on boot time for XP SP3.

Then you will get a Flex10, that boots XP, win7, win8, win8.1, win10 etc.

Dietmar

PS: Via this methode I get everything to work on the Flex10 under XP SP3, full acpi, USB3 etc. only no 3D graphic, because of no driver for XP. I even killed the whole Whitelist.

https://ufile.io/72xyvlzd

Edited by Dietmar