Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD @daniel_k @Damnation

After breakfast with HOT;)) coffee and new power I compile acpi.sys Debug with new irqarb.c

and voila, no Bsod at all:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:!!!

This is a milestone in development of acpi.sys

Dietmar

https://ufile.io/rfjj3cfm

if (((PDEVICE_EXTENSION)Pdo->DeviceExtension)->Flags & DEV_CAP_PCI) {
            //
            // It's a PCI PDO, which means a root PCI bus,
            // which means that we should just handle this
            // as an ISA device.
            //
            return STATUS_NOT_FOUND;
        }

status = ACPIInternalIsPci(Pdo);
        if (NT_SUCCESS(status))
            if ( (!(((PDEVICE_EXTENSION)Pdo->DeviceExtension)->Flags & DEV_CAP_PCI)) &&
                 (!(((PDEVICE_EXTENSION)Pdo->DeviceExtension)->Flags & DEV_CAP_PCI_DEVICE)) )
                    return STATUS_NOT_FOUND;    // if not PCI device or bus
    }

ASSERT(PciInterfacesInstantiated); 

Edited by Dietmar

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

With my new Setup of Sources for XP SP1 I can not build a free acpi.sys.

With the line

tools\razzle.cmd offline No_urt no_binaries no_certcheck No_prefast free

the crazy compiler build always the Debug acpi.sys, what you can see for example at its much bigger size

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

@George King

Until now, my hack against DDB Bsod in ACPIInitializeDDB()  (see post above) was enough for all boards. Not nice but works.

I really do not know a single board (with CSM support), where XP cant be installed.

We need a lot of testers for the new acpi.sys V22 (or 7777 as @Mov AX, 0xDEAD named it with hacks^^).

Now I am going to test an old Oracle VM box, where I can use only the pure XP SP3 CD.

On Oracle 5.2.44-139111 box you need to prepare your xp.iso more than on real compi with massstorage driver, acpi.sys, hal.dll syssetup.dll etc.

It works but this is hard job to prepare such a XP CD only for to make a naked xp.vhd from it.

I remember much nicer Qemu in 2012. Does anybody know, if there is a Qemu for XP as host today?

May be somebody here in MSFN who knows, which Oracle VM box was the last, which works with a normal XP Setup CD

Dietmar

Last version of Qemu, that runs on XP as host is qemu-w32-setup-20160903.exe .

EDIT: QEMU 3DMark 2003 DirectX 9.0 Windows XP Guest on Windows 10 Host

Edited by Dietmar

2 hours ago, Dietmar said:

And here is the same acpi.sys V22 free but also with small binary hack against Bsod DDB,

I just test, works

Dietmar

PS: This acpi.sys bit32 for XP SP1, SP2, SP3 looks just now as the best that we have, for all boards.

https://ufile.io/e5nplpsh

Just tried the "acpiV22freeDDBhack" on my GA-H470. I got the A5 BSOD (0x03, 0xA6672420, 0xC0140008, 0x494E495F).

Also tested the "acpiV22free": A5 BSOD (0x011, 0x08, 0xB99AD000, 0x20160517)

Edited by Andalu

@Dietmar

until now the only acpi2 that works better is the "acpiFreeRyzenDDB" (SHA-1: 6F15AFDA2C31BC169996D4DAA4041CBF48C72EE6). But even with it sometimes the XP boot hangs on a blank screen and sometimes it hangs on the XP logo screen with the scroll bar. I can't be more precise because it happens randomly.

Edited by Andalu

On

www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=41&srcfamilyid=21eabb90-958f-4b64-b5f1-73d0a413c8ef&srcdisplaylang=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.microsoft.com%2fdownload%2fB%2f7%2f2%2fB72085AE-0F04-4C6F-9182-BF1EE90F5273%2fWindows_XP_IE6.exe

you can download a XP SP3 *.vhd image, that boots in Oracle VM, also version 5.2.

Dont know, which driver they use for to reach this.

This image does not work now because of timebomb. But when you convert it to *.vmdk,

maybe you can edit winlogon.exe there in

Dietmar