Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

Hello, and welcome back to Windows Update Restored :D

We currently only support Windows Update v3.1. Microsoft Update is not available on Windows Update Restored.

2 minutes ago, Zarpassucias said:

thx and i cant use discord becuse umm i forgot my password

Reset your password using the "Forgot your password?" link in the login screen. Hope that helps. :)

On 7/10/2023 at 5:09 PM, PandaX said:

I'm getting a similar error to others running Windows ME and IE6, however I'm not getting 404s or anything else that appears to be amiss.

wSHfkX6.png

nVCuZeh.png

I am having the same issue on Internet Explorer 5.5 (SP0; I couldn't get the SP2 installer to work) on Windows 98 SE.

UPDATE: I found a working link to IE 5.5 SP2 and installed it. Still having the issue. This is an English installation.

Edited by ljcool2006

On 5/28/2023 at 4:16 PM, WULover said:

i searched in the Windows Update file, and I don't have this language. It was originally included in Windows Update v3.1, but the files were not archived by the Wayback Machine. I'll fix your issue with English files, and I'll see after if it's possible to make a special language pack for you. When it'll work, can you please give me the translation of the texts in Danish please?

Same problem happens on Chinese (Traditional) zh-TW language.

On 7/11/2023 at 3:14 AM, WULover said:

Have you ever run Windows Update V4 on this computer ?

It was a VM that had WinME preinstalled so I can't say for sure what if anything may have been done to it.

I did however reinstall WinME from scratch and got a different result, this time with a 404. This is using IE 5.5 and not 6.0.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, PandaX said:

It was a VM that had WinME preinstalled so I can't say for sure what if anything may have been done to it.

I did however reinstall WinME from scratch and got a different result, this time with a 404. This is using IE 5.5 and not 6.0.

spacer.png

A file is missing, which explains the error. 

1 hour ago, chantszhim said:

Same problem happens on Chinese (Traditional) zh-TW language.

This language is currently not supported.