Jump to content

ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use


AstroSkipper
 Share

Recommended Posts

It takes as long as it takes!
Better to be absolutely sure it's right than have to subsequently withdraw and reissue it.
There was a standing joke here some years ago that whenever anyone kept asking when something was going to be released, the standard answer was 'WIR'.
When It's Ready!
:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

It takes as long as it takes!
Better to be absolutely sure it's right than have to subsequently withdraw and reissue it.
There was a standing joke here some years ago that whenever anyone kept asking when something was going to be released, the standard answer was 'WIR'.
When It's Ready!
:lol:

That's very funny! In the German language, the word 'WIR' means 'we'. For example, "Wir warten auf das Release vom AstroSkipper.", translated into English: "We are waiting for the release of AstroSkipper.". :buehehe: But you're absolutely right! WIR, I will release it. :yes: :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just an off-topic language usage point, "waiting for the release of AstroSkipper" could imply that you're in prison or something, and we're waiting for you to be released!
You would normally qualify it, "waiting for the release of AstroSkipper's software" or something like that, to make it clear that it's not you that's being released.
:)

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Just an off-topic language usage point, "waiting for the release of AstroSkipper" could imply that you're in prison or something, and we're waiting for you to be released!
You would normally qualify it, "waiting for the release of AstroSkipper's software" or something like that, to make it clear that it's not you that's being released.
:)

Thank you very much for the hint! You're absolutely right! When I read it now, I feel a bit like a prisoner and hope to be released! :D

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

vom AstroSkipper

I would have worded it myself:

Quote

waiting for the release by(/from) AstroSkipper

:P

Edited by VistaLover
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thank you very much for the hint! You're absolutely right! When I read it now, I feel a bit like a prison and hope to be released! :D

So ... does this mean a visit to Penn State is the same as vist to state pen? :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Maybe, we are all a bit trapped and need to be released! 
bureau6.gif  celullefille.gif

That was funny!

Anyway, let's not go off-topic any further with this, please. :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

That was funny!

Anyway, let's not go off-topic any further with this, please. :)

Thanks @mina7601 for your objection! But,  since we now have a proxy that supports TLS 1.3, and my part in the game was also work, a bit of off-topic should be allowed. And I'm improving my language skills with the help of @Dave-H and @VistaLover. I think a bit of fun and distraction in my thread really can't hurt. Also, I love my smileys as you've probably noticed. But thank you for your raised fingers snegatif.gif, and you know I don't like to be off-topic in general. offtopic.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper innocent.gif

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

To be on-topic again, I have already completed my documentation. Now, I am testing different compilers and restructure my files to get rid of false  positives from my AV scanner. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks @mina7601 for your objection! But,  since we now have a proxy that supports TLS 1.3, and my part in the game was also work, a bit of off-topic should be allowed. And I'm improving my language skills with the help of @Dave-H and @VistaLover. I think a bit of fun and distraction in my thread really can't hurt. Also, I love my smileys as you've probably noticed. But thank you for your raised fingers snegatif.gif, and you know I don't like to be off-topic in general. offtopic.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper innocent.gif

Huh, i'm sorry for ruining your fun then. Didn't meant to do that.

@Dave-H@VistaLover You may continue on helping @AstroSkipper, if you want. I didn't mean to stop you from doing so.

Edited by mina7601
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Huh, i'm sorry for ruining your fun then. Didn't meant to do that.

You didn't ruin my fun. All is good! I simply like to express things using the written word and my beloved amoureuxcoeur.gif smileys. :yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2022 at 3:36 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Due to the false positives of some virus scanners, I am now trying to switch to another compiler. All programs that I have created myself will then have to be recompiled and, after that, rechecked on VirusTotal.com. I will make these results available when I release my program package ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3. I hope it can be released on Sunday.

Cheers, AstroSkipper internet07h.gif

Just a short feedback! I tried different compilers, but with moderate success. Some of my compiled program files are repeatedly classified as malware by various AV scanners, although they are absolutely clean, of course. I tried several variations of my programs' source codes. I am a little perplexed at the moment. question.gif Presumably, these false positives are caused by the misuse of these compilers by script kiddies or other hobby hackers. :dubbio:Actually, I would like to reduce these false positives from the established AV scanners. Any advice or tip is welcome! :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper virus01.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Just a short feedback! I tried different compilers, but with moderate success. Some of my compiled program files are repeatedly classified as malware by various AV scanners, although they are absolutely clean, of course. I tried several variations of my programs' source codes. I am a little perplexed at the moment. question.gif Presumably, these false positives are caused by the misuse of these compilers by script kiddies or other hobby hackers. :dubbio:Actually, I would like to reduce these false positives from the established AV scanners. Any advice or tip is welcome! :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper virus01.gif

I forgot to mention that I referred to compilers which convert batch files to executables. jaioublie.gif I believe that the real problem lies in code snippets that are often used by script kiddies or hobby hackers. If this code appears in clean programs, then some AV scanners generate these false positives. :dubbio:Any further ideas? idee.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No ideas to offer I'm afraid, this is not something that I have any knowledge about, but FWIW none of the versions of your programs I've used triggered any warnings for me.
I'm using Malwarebytes premium, which has real-time scanning.
:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...