What do we even do at this point?

sunryze

On 12/29/2021 at 1:45 AM, TrevMUN said:

You'll probably want a TITAN Black, then, if you can still find one.

Seems like an impossible quest . So far, I had found only one heavily used (the owner is a huge fan of furmark and 100% fan speeds). He wants me to pay 220 Euro . The black variant is very rare here , unlike the X one. Is it worth it ? Thanks.

It just seems to me generalizing running games at 120 FPS in menus and having GPU stressed that much is ludicrous.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The 2nd example is more demanding simply due to game world being rendered in the background, menus without 3D world oughtta be much less taxing.

And at least GPU usage percentage as show here is relative to the GPU clock speed, lowest clock speed here is 135 MHz, highest is 1100 MHz. So in the first example, 48% @135 Mhz would be below 10% @ 1100 MHz.

On 2/6/2022 at 5:02 AM, D.Draker said:

Your GPU shows as 21 degrees ! It's not even warmed up !

It doesn't go above 23 degrees under that load. It doesn't even reach 50 degrees under full load. It's a GTX 750 Ti, one of the most energy efficient cards of its time + plus my model has a WindForce cooler with 2 fans.

spacer.png

On 2/6/2022 at 5:02 AM, D.Draker said:

besides this game is DX9

Mostly irrelevant, what is being rendered matters, not which API is used to render it. Besides, CS:GO is D3D9.

Rendering Prototype menu shows 26% GPU usage at 135 MHz @ 60 FPS while COD:MW1 Remastered (D3D11) menu shows 32%. A bit higher, but it's unfair comparison to begin with. Something that supports both APIs would have to be trialed.

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

your stupid Titans

Well , I'm not the only one with the Titan , It's (at least) three users I can count here . Just entered the game for you (the card is NOT heated up yet!). And it's 73 degrees and more than 208W of the Total Power Consumption already  ! Which is 250W total (max.) for the Titan X . Now look at the clocks . The base clock for Titan X is 1000 MHz , why the hell it entered the Boost Mode ?!

It's at 1123 Mhz ALREADY so it went higher than the Boost Clock (which is 1089 MHz for Titan X, see the specs below) . Why is this torture needed just for the game menu !?

Gpu load is at 77% and will go higher after 3-5 Mins , I just don't want to do it ! It will go up to 107%. So , I'm not bottlenecked  by the CPU , but your system behaves odd .

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-titan-x.c2632

Snap_2022.02.08.jpg

Maybe it's just running as fast as it can, uncapped?

Never owned power hungry GPU on that level though. Most power hungry GPU I owned was ATI Radeon HD 4890. I don't remember the temperatures anymore, I bought after-market cooler Akasa Vortexx Neo for it primarily because stock was so loud. Net says its max power consumption is supposed to be around 190W.

I was mostly into older games anyway, I doubt this would change much even if I find more time for them (rare exception there and there perhaps, eg. Amnesia: Rebirth looks like an example I may check out eventually).

So I don't see myself replacing current equipment anytime soon.

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Maybe it's just running as fast as it can, uncapped?

Nah , it's with VSync ON . It's capped to 60FPS. If I turn the Vsync OFF , I'll see 268 Watt in a matter of seconds ! This is an absolute maximum allowed by the official BIOS . 

I'm happy I have a good 750W PSU ! (German brand). The whole system power draw (without the monitor) is at 600W in the game "menu" !!! 

The clocks will go even higher than 1124Mhz (which is insane !) . This is very similar to my previous GTX980 card . Both cards can't be "bad" , right ?

The m0ronic game I took the screenshot of , states GTX960 as the reqs (LOL). Don't try it on your GT750TI . May blow it . No jokes .

Besides , other users say the same, like Dixel wrote earlier.

@UCyborg, how do you feel , BTW . Aren't you forgetting you need to rest ? 

I can't read posts without logging in , can you ?

Edited by D.Draker
BTW

23 hours ago, D.Draker said:

@UCyborg, how do you feel , BTW . Aren't you forgetting you need to rest ?

I am resting. My throat still feels slightly odd and I cough every once in a while, otherwise returning to normal.

23 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I can't read posts without logging in , can you ?

Yes, I can read them normally without logging in.

On 2/9/2022 at 1:53 PM, UCyborg said:

Yes, I can read them normally without logging in.

No try to logout , visit the main page and try to fetch the last comment on this or any other page by using the last comment link . Not working ! It works only if you're logged in.

I'm glad you're returning to normal !

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Not working ! It works only if you're logged in.

Oh that. yup, that I noticed. Guess that's just how the forum software is made. I remember seeing the same behavior on another forum as well which also seemed to be running a version of Invision Community.

20 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Oh that. yup, that I noticed.

Some days ago , there was no ability to view MSFN if you're not logged in ! I think it was a test . Everything goes this insane route . Twitter , Instagram , Facebook aren't letting you read if you're not logged in . Just tried them all . Of course there are some ways to prevent Twitter nag screens , but they not always work. And with Instagram and Facebook , no such ways.

Budget laptops (lenovo s145) are having their keyboards and mics half-bricked because of windows 10 incompatibilities with drivers, with thousands of buyers in poor countries losing their money without warranty or returning their laptops if they are still warranted, with even lenovo admiting the critical failures, while older windows 10 and windows 7 work normally and FASTER than win10 and linux cpu and gpu wise (i suppose vista is like that as well if you load ahci and usb3 drivers)

Edited by Eddie Phizika

21 hours ago, Eddie Phizika said:

thousands of buyers in poor countries losing their money without warranty or returning their laptops if they are still warranted

Isn't there a chance to check how they work before the purchase ? I mean, switch them on in the shop ? Or look at the same model from the shelf ? I'm sorry, I don't know about this process in poor countries.