StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

59 minutes ago, MidnightInAurora said:

Same was true on Win 10 and LTSC on it.

Yeah, I have used LTSC since ver 2019-1809 (stuck with 7 till then) and I'm, so proud to say that 10 "so called" home or Pro has never touched any of my bare metal.

Posted (edited)

Hi, i found another bug with enhanced classic taskbar enabled in build 26100.268. I use Dynamic Theme App from Store for desktop background. So when i wake my pc from sleep the wallpaper from dynamic theme disappears and i have a black wallpaper. I have to reapply the wallpaper back from Dynamic Theme to get it back.

With enhanced classic taskbar disabled and enhanced classic start menu enabled clicking once on start logo with the mouse it opens the start menu but if i click the second time it should close but it doesn't it just opens the start menu again really fast. Using the keyboard button for start second time, the behavior is normal and it closes the start menu. It's very annoying not being able to to close the start menu with the mouse so using enhanced classic start menu enabled enhanced classic taskbar disabled is a no go for me. Edit: This only happens when i disable animations for minimizing and maximizing.

Edited by cosma_sebastian

it is. pressing the button from start menu, request that. i deleted the file SlideShutDown.exe because i think i want to bypass that, but is not. i think is a Microsoft Implementation of Shutdown in SaB StartMenu 😅

I try to install W11 update 26200.5001 and see this:

image.png.1042faf4772b40fe4afb096d8d4e9b17.png

I uninstalled SaB and restarted Windows. Update started again and still the same window. Any suggestions what is the reason W11 still see SaB in the system?

SaB 3.7.9.4907

Posted (edited)

Blame Microsoft. Check and make sure C:\Program Files\StartAllBack is empty, or check if it's still installed in appdata if installed per user.

As a test I installed 26100.1 on my main system from a UUP dump iso with 3.7.9 installed and the installer allowed me to update with no problem and when I landed in 24H2 the classic taskbar was enabled.

I then imaged back to 23H2 because the Settings app was using 30% CPU, it's still not ready for prime time.

Edited by mackid1993

Posted (edited)

Hello, i don't know if its a bug or not but toggling the Quick settings to on its just unifies the network and volume icons,  before was adding a new icon near the clock. This is on build 26120.461.

And i have a feature request, can you add back Quick action battery and quick action edit buttons witch are not present anymore in build 26120.461. Also can you make Quick panel disappear if you click anywhere else beside the network and/or clock icons, like calendar is disappearing. Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-05-05 134941.png

quick.webp

Edited by cosma_sebastian

3 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Control Center is screwed up and total degradation on 24H2, blame Microsoft.

Yeah when I tested 24H2 briefly on my main machine control center was overhauled but borked. Leave it to the world class engineers at Microsoft.

I wish they'd get back to the way they were in the 90s and 2000s. 

3 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Yeah when I tested 24H2 briefly on my main machine control center was overhauled but borked. Leave it to the world class engineers at Microsoft.

I wish they'd get back to the way they were in the 90s and 2000s. 

Yes!  Windows 2000 Professional.

Jim

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MidnightInAurora said:

Yes!  Windows 2000 Professional.

Jim

So solid! Hopefully with the new reorganization and Panos Panay out things will get better. Panos is a hardware guy and never should have been in charge of Windows as much as I love Surface. They also got rid of the Bing ads guy that was running Windows for like a month. I guess start menu ads are a holdover from his tenure. 

Edited by mackid1993