StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

4 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

DisableWin10Taskbar is back and enabled by default.

You've got to be kidding me....

This is gonna be a mess...

Edited by mackid1993

Getting issue on Win11 22631.3296. When searching for items in start menu, startallback crashes and reloads. Only seems to happen a second after the search completes. If you search gibberish so the search can't complete, it doesn't crash.

8 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

You can set the opacity of the taskbar to 0% all of the time which is probably better for your OLED anyway.

image.thumb.png.c5d5687b57fcc5ee06253257b126a0d6.png

Also as a side note and to not double post NetWorx fixed the bug causing the taskbar to clip in their latest pre-release build: https://www.softperfect.com/special/snapshots/

The tops of taskbar items are still visible. With the Win11 taskbar, the entire thing is invisible.

Edited by Ten2O

11 minutes ago, Ten2O said:

The tops of taskbar items are still visible. With the Win11 taskbar, the entire thing is invisible.

Not if you follow my instructions.

Taskbar hidden:

image.thumb.png.1ae75857c54b9b432d3387a0e52ad720.png

Taskbar showing:

image.thumb.png.62bf04b75f7f420d49e595a014cedd37.png

Set it to clear with 0% opacity and you won't see a thing at least as far as my eyes can tell.

Otherwise as Tihiy said "We don't need no water". 😂

Edited by mackid1993

7 minutes ago, Ionut Bara said:

disabled disablewin10taskbar and i got classic taskbar back

vivetool /disable /id:42537950

I wonder why it's there. Are they just trying to discourage shell modifications or are they going to strip the code out? If it's been there all this time there has to be a technical reason for it to still exist in Windows, hidden away.

Edited by mackid1993

25 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Not if you follow my instructions.

Taskbar hidden:

image.thumb.png.1ae75857c54b9b432d3387a0e52ad720.png

Taskbar showing:

image.thumb.png.62bf04b75f7f420d49e595a014cedd37.png

Set it to clear with 0% opacity and you won't see a thing at least as far as my eyes can tell.

Otherwise as Tihiy said "We don't need no water". 😂

I'm using Windows 8 theme. You still see the tops of taskbar items when it's hidden, no matter the opacity of the background.

I still don't understand what you're talking about with that.

19 minutes ago, Ionut Bara said:

disabled disablewin10taskbar and i got classic taskbar back

vivetool /disable /id:42537950

and  workspace on second screens is not correctly set , remember about that @Tihiy?

Edited by Ionut Bara

2 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

I wonder why it's there. Are they just trying to discourage shell modifications or are they going to strip the code out? If it's been there all this time there has to be a technical reason for it to still exist in Windows, hidden away.

second variant with striping code. 

5 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Sorry I'm not understanding?

before a windows feature die, microsoft it disables first. after a period it removes the code of that feature. so we know one thing: the code of windows 10 taskbar will go for good in newer version of windows.

1 hour ago, Ionut Bara said:

before a windows feature die, microsoft it disables first. after a period it removes the code of that feature. so we know one thing: the code of windows 10 taskbar will go for good in newer version of windows.

Ah, makes sense. Hopefully @Tihiy can save us or at least decrapify the Win 11 taskbar. 🙏

Maybe 24H2 will bring us StartAllBack+....

Edited by mackid1993

I'm on Win11 23H2 using StartAllBack 3.7.5 and I have all kind of ugly artifacts. mainly on apps with light interface or not fully dark interface (see the attached screenshots). There is an exception though: the Windows Task Manager in the Performance tab.

It's obvious that SAB is causing this, because when I disable it and sign out / sign in, there are no artifacts at all. But then all the ugliness of the Start Menu and light run box are back.
I was wondering if, in a future version, would be possible to have something like a WhiteList for these apps that are showing the ugly artifacts, so that SAB will leave them untouched?

FC_compar.jpg

mp3Tag_compar.jpg

TaskMan_compar.jpg

WinHex_compar.jpg

Word_MdfStyle_compar.jpg

Word_Par_compar.jpg

Edited by Ol1v3r
Spelling error

New Win 11 CAN/DEV build (1st in almost a month) stops SAB loading no matter if you agree to it after updating as per normal, it will be not be running.

QUOTE:

"The only disappointment so far is the hit that StartallBack took. Something about DisableWin10Taskbar being enabled by default, though vivetool'g it (42537950) disabled again had no effect for me."

Unlike the above user I have not enabled that setting.

Edited by helmutcheese