StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

6 hours ago, Ten2O said:

Simply making an option that sets the opacity of the background to 0 when it's hidden doesn't sound hard to me but whatever. Guess I'm stuck with translucentTB.

You can set the opacity of the taskbar to 0% all of the time which is probably better for your OLED anyway.

image.thumb.png.c5d5687b57fcc5ee06253257b126a0d6.png

Also as a side note and to not double post NetWorx fixed the bug causing the taskbar to clip in their latest pre-release build: https://www.softperfect.com/special/snapshots/

Hi! I'm trying to make Windows 11 look like W7, and I'm using StartAllBack, but I am noticing an issue. On Windows 10, you can modify the tray icons via resource hacker to make them look like Windows 7. On Windows 11 with SAB, the icons do not change. I'd like to know if there is some config option (or other method) to make the icons follow the ones in sndvolsso.dll, pnidui.dll, stobject.dll, and batmeter.dll

Posted (edited)

StartAllBack 3.7.6

- Rudimentary drag & drop for explorer tabs

- Drag over Copilot icon to open

- Restyled scrollbar on taskbar task list overflow

- Dark Magic extended

- Fixed ribbon artifacts 3.7.5 degradation

- Fixed Alt+D not working with 7/10 styles on newer 23H2

- Fixed tray button tooltips showing trash sometimes

- Fixed wrong icon graphics size extracted for sys tray icons

Edited by Tihiy

suggestion:
can you make winver dark mode?
image.thumb.png.6ac3acc98f863f109d4177c9edb91865.png

clicking on about windows on Widnows Explorer on dark mode it will shows in dark mode , and running winver it shows in light mode. Can you make it to be dark like shutdown dialog?

and another feature: i love explorer tabs from StartAllBack. i want to use more, but i use qttabbar because of file quick view on tooltip. it is possible to implement an option in StartAllBack to add image and document preview in tooltip like qttabbar?
and third quesiton. i want to donate to startallback. (not to buy a license) do you have an PayPal Account or an Patreon?

Edited by Ionut Bara

7 minutes ago, Ionut Bara said:

and third quesiton. i want to donate to startallback. (not to buy a license) do you have an PayPal Account or an Patreon?

I've bought a few extra licenses because of this. We need a buy me a coffee page.

When i apply custom dark theme from Rectify11, when i have StartAllBack installed, the background of text in tabs and buttons is not transparent.

3 minutes ago, Alloyd said:

When i apply custom dark theme from Rectify11, when i have StartAllBack installed, the background of text in tabs and buttons is not transparent.

Do you have Dark Magic enabled, it is likely SAB is conflicting with Rectify11 even without Dark Magic enabled.

explorer its not start anymore on build 26080 canary

no more classic taskbar no more nothing, a message which disables automaticly

i come with an update: classic taskbar its not working anymore on build 26080. so with StattAllBack 3.7.6. 😭  in rest all another featuees are working 😅

microsoft killed classic taskbar on 26080.

Yes, so no vertical taskbar in 26080, at least that is clear to me, but I'm not sure about anything else which may or may not be working (with 3.7.6). Will happily try a test build when advised to.

So far it doesn't seem like they are removing the classic taskbar code, they even removed the DisableWin10Taskbar feature flag. Parakhin seems to have a different approach than Panos Panay. They probably made some other change that broke SAB. This is why one shouldn't use SAB with Dev/Canary builds so Tihiy can test and fix things before they trickle down to Beta -> RP -> Stable.

edit: Nevermind, M$ sucks!

Edited by mackid1993