StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

6 hours ago, Tihiy said:

StartAllBack 3.6.15

[BUG Report]  Running W11 with the default taskbar, v3.6.15 is now incompatible with the popular TranslucentTB Taskbar App https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/translucenttb/9PF4KZ2VN4W9.  After installing/upgrading to v3.6.15, my taskbar lost its clear/transparent look.  All prior StartAllBack versions worked flawlessly with TranslucentTB.  I had to revert to v3.6.14 to get everything back to normal.  Please fix and thx for your excellent work on StartAllBack, @Tihiy
-JT 🔆

Edited by JTB3

24 minutes ago, JTB3 said:

[BUG Report]  Running W11 with the default taskbar, v3.6.15 is now incompatible with the popular TranslucentTB Taskbar App https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/translucenttb/9PF4KZ2VN4W9.  After installing/upgrading to v3.6.15, my taskbar lost its clear/transparent look.  All prior StartAllBack versions worked flawlessly with TranslucentTB.  I had to revert to v3.6.14 to get everything back to normal.  Please fix and thx for your excellent work on StartAllBack, Tihiy!
-JT 🔆

You may not know this but SAB can make the taskbar translucent natively. image.thumb.png.b003f79bbf54b3b675b0cdb95aa1a9f6.png

Was anyone shunted to a Windows setup screen about continuing to use facial and fingerprint recognition (neither of which I use) when upgrading to the .15 release? I've never seen that screen before, so it was a surprise. I chose one, since there seemed to be no other choice, clicked Next, and it then opened Settings, Accounts, Sign-in options.

4 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

You may not know this but SAB can make the taskbar translucent natively.

Yes @mackid1993, thx for your reply.  I'm aware of this setting.  But my preference right now is to use the native Windows 11 Taskbar, not the 'Enhanced Classic Taskbar'.  I really wish that StartAllBack would also offer the same 'Clear' 'Acrylic', and 'Blur' options for the native W11 Taskbar (are you listening, @Tihiy

Edited by JTB3

17 hours ago, JTB3 said:

Yes @mackid1993, thx for your reply.  I'm aware of this setting.  But my preference right now is to use the native Windows 11 Taskbar, not the 'Enhanced Classic Taskbar'.  I really wish that StartAllBack would also offer the same 'Clear' 'Acrylic', and 'Blur' options for the native W11 Taskbar (are you listening, @Tihiy

That's not really the point of SAB. If you aren't using the classic taskbar then I don't see why SAB would break Translucent TB.

10 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

That's not really the point of SAB. If you aren't using the classic taskbar then I don't see why SAB would break Translucent TB.

There are plenty of other great features in SAB that folks appreciate besides the 'Enhanced Classic Taskbar' - that's why there is an option to turn it on or off.  I'm reporting this issue because TranslucentTB for the 1st time ever no longer worked with my W11 taskbar as soon as I installed the SAB v3.6.15 update,  Reverting back to v3.6.14 instantly corrected the problem.  So something abnormal about v3.6.15 IS affecting the way TranslucentTB functions with W11.  I've had no other issues with any other past release of SAB until now. 🔆

On 9/30/2023 at 6:48 PM, Fullstack said:

@Tihiy  Please, fix one Microsoft bug since Windows 11 22H2:

https://superuser.com/questions/1747287/windows-11-22h2-how-to-fix-unwanted-padding-added-to-the-left-side-of-the-item

image.png.c5dca463210eda45b85c4d6a273d714e.png

Another example:

image.thumb.png.13ccdcc6d592bcb3109163d30dea6538.png

It's in View mode "List". In 'View > Table' all looks fine. But in mode List and another one View mode (I forgot which exact), all files and folders has big padding on left for nothing. Microsoft don't fixing it. I can't update Windows to 22H2/23H2 due to this weird bug 🤮

Last hope is StartAllBack 🙏

PS: I'm licensed user.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:39 PM, Tihiy said:

Yeah this can be fixed by replacing UIFILE in explorerframe.dll from older version

Can you make fix for that please?

On 10/26/2023 at 12:50 PM, JTB3 said:

[BUG Report]  Running W11 with the default taskbar, v3.6.15 is now incompatible with the popular TranslucentTB Taskbar App https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/translucenttb/9PF4KZ2VN4W9.  After installing/upgrading to v3.6.15, my taskbar lost its clear/transparent look.  All prior StartAllBack versions worked flawlessly with TranslucentTB.  I had to revert to v3.6.14 to get everything back to normal.  Please fix and thx for your excellent work on StartAllBack, @Tihiy
-JT 🔆

Update on my earlier [BUG Report]:
As it turned out, the incompatibility issue I reported above with TranslucentTB was being caused by the 'Dark Magic' feature.  Turning this alpha feature off restored full compatibility.  Hoping that Dark Magic can be debugged and finally released at some point!

Edited by JTB3

StartAllBack 3.6.16

- XAML Explorer views (Home / Gallery) is disabled for Windows 7 / 10 explorer styles to fix crashes

- Add support for DisableSearch and SearchBoxOnTaskbarMode policies

- Some high contrast improvements

- [Dev] Fixed some ribbon new icons missing

- Fixed rare crash

3.6.16 will update to 3.7BETA if checked.

Edited by Tihiy

7 hours ago, Tihiy said:

StartAllBack 3.6.16

3.6.16 will update to 3.7BETA if checked.

I assume you mean if "Check for updates" is clicked from 3.6.16? At first I thought this might be a reference to a check box which would opt someone into the beta from this release, but I don't see one.