Jump to content

iTunes version check bypass


Jaguarek62
 Share

Recommended Posts

So in order to succesfully bypass iTunes os checks you need to do this:

BEFORE YOU BEGIN! I only tried this on Windows 8.1 Fully updated up until september 2021 patches. I have no idea if this is going to work on Windows 7 too.

Windows 7 works up until 12.11.3. Later versions require ntdll.dll and dxgi.dll from newer operating systems.

Windows 8.0 works up until 12.11.3.17. Later versions do require you to use reshade's dxgi implementation. Download Reshade and rename Reshade64.dll to dxgi.dll. CREDITS TO K4sum1 from https://eclipse.cx/

Windows 8.1 works without any problem.

 

1) Download iTunes from apple.

2) Extract the installer

3) Edit the main installer with orca (drop table LaunchCondition)

4) Install iTunes and all of its components

5) Do not launch! - Download this: https://github.com/hejmus/win10verhack/releases/tag/v0.1

6) Put these files in iTunes install folder

7) Open notepad and put this in: withdll.exe /d:win10verhack64.dll iTunes.exe

8) Save it as Launch.bat on your desktop (since iTunes is located in Program files and you would need Admin access)

9) Put launch.bat to the iTunes install folder and open it

10) Done! (Optional, put launch.bat as shortcut on your desktop)

 

Edited by Jaguarek62
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, Jody Thornton said:

Well it won't be at least until Wednesday.  I really do prefer to keep this a clean system, I'll be honest - rather than install/uninstall stuff.

 

Bravo , agree ! I have an ancient (slow) 1TB HDD (from 2009-2010) and when I need to test something on specific systems , I just connect it via eSata to my PC (the disk is in it's external enclosure) , then install any system I want from USB ISO or BluRay drive, test and format after that . Just sayin'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Bravo , agree ! I have an ancient (slow) 1TB HDD (from 2009-2010) and when I need to test something on specific systems , I just connect it via eSata to my PC (the disk is in it's external enclosure) , then install any system I want from USB ISO or BluRay drive, test and format after that . Just sayin'

I also unplug primary hard drive since depending os it may try write boot sector into them and that broke stuff on me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

Well it won't be at least until Wednesday.  I really do prefer to keep this a clean system, I'll be honest - rather than install/uninstall stuff.

 

I do understand and fully respect that. Do as you will. Could you use vm or something? Like I said, I unfortunately have no iso image of 8.0 and was curious to find out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 7:28 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

So in order to succesfully bypass iTunes os checks you need to do this:

BEFORE YOU BEGIN! I only tried this on Windows 8.1 Fully updated up until september 2021 patches. I have no idea if Windows 7 will work with this too.

 

1) Download iTunes from apple.

2) Extract the installer

3) Edit the main installer with orca (drop table LaunchCondition)

4) Install iTunes and all of its components

5) Do not launch! - Download this: https://github.com/hejmus/win10verhack/releases/tag/v0.1

6) Put these files in iTunes install folder

7) Open notepad and put this in: withdll.exe /d:win10verhack64.dll iTunes.exe

8) Save it as Launch.bat on your desktop (since iTunes is located in Program files and you would need Admin access)

9) Put launch.bat to the iTunes install folder and open it

10) Done! (Optional, put launch.bat as shortcut on your desktop)

 

Thank you soo much! Damn... did you found out about this yourself or does this tutorial belong to someone else? :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

Thank you soo much! Damn... did you found out about this yourself or does this tutorial belong to someone else? :)

I actually found out by myself. I was doing something completely unrelated.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Newer versions of iTunes on Windows 7 won't launch with a missing function in ntdll.dll and dgxi.dll (fixed by using the dgxi.dll from Windows 10)

iTunes up to 12.11.3 works on Windows 7 with the version check bypass

 

image.png

Edited by LS4280
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LS4280 said:

Newer versions of iTunes on Windows 7 won't launch with a missing function in ntdll.dll and dgxi.dll (fixed by using the dgxi.dll from Windows 10)

iTunes up to 12.11.3 works on Windows 7 with the version check bypass

 

image.png

Thanks for your report! Windows 8.1 on the other hand still works as of this time. (12.1.1 works just fine)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 1:16 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

Could you try this on Windows 8.0?

So, I tried running newer versions of iTunes on Windows 8, and this is the result:

iTunes 12.11.3.17 works on Windows 8 with version check bypass

iTunes 12.11.4.15 and later result in this error:

spacer.png

Edited by mina354
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, mina354 said:

So, I tried running newer versions of iTunes on Windows 8, and this is the result:

iTunes 12.11.3.17 works on Windows 8 with version check bypass

iTunes 12.11.4.15 and later result in this error:

spacer.png

I'm getting different error but nonetheless windows 8.0 is not working unfortunately.

https://prnt.sc/1y76wpa

Edited by Jaguarek62
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

I'm getting different error but nonetheless windows 8.0 is not working unfortunately.

https://prnt.sc/1y76wpa

Google for each missing dll file, and put it in iTunes installation folder. That's what I did, it didn't ask for any further dlls then. It then complained about a missing function in iTunes.exe.

Edited by mina354
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mina354 said:

Google for each missing dll file, and put it in iTunes installation folder. That's what I did, it didn't ask for any further dlls then. It then complained about a missing function in iTunes.exe.

So the latest version works only on 8.1 and 10 then..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...