Jump to content
MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Just seems very strange to me that I was running v13 for that long without a single solitary crash and now it crashes daily.

~ "Things that make you go hmmm"...

Surely you've looked at your extensions (ex Neat URL...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


So

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Almost like a "time bomb" was embedded into the code that hasn't been found yet.

We axed all of the telemetry we could find - but "did we?"

Is there some sort of "time bomb" that 'collects' data for six months or so and these random crashes are because it's now trying to "do" something with that 'collection'?  But CAN'T because we axed the code.

Just seems very strange to me that I was running v13 for that long without a single solitary crash and now it crashes daily.

~ "Things that make you go hmmm"...

I am using a tool called CrowdInspect 1.5.0.0 from CrowdStrike. For the process 360Loader.exe, in the "MHR" column, I've red point with two exclamations, think of malware inside, maybe?..  

In this link: https://www.crowdstrike.com/blog/free-community-tool-crowdinspect/  - we read:

"Shown in the “MHR” column, Team Cymru maintains a repository of known malware that can be queried given an MD5 hash of the file contents. In this case we are simply querying for a yes/no answer so the results can be one of the following: ...

!!  (o Red icon)

The entry DOES exist in the MHR database. The process is known to be malware. This is bad."

I hope it's false-positive result...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, rereser said:

long story short: just tested the russian v13.0.2206 (default extensions removed) against html5test.com and it chrashes the same as your v13 modified version.

Does the original Chinese v13.0.2206 also crash for you against html5test?
I still wouldn't use html5test as "the" tell-tale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, msfntor said:

I hope it's false-positive result...

It's like a car alarm.
You hear them ALL THE TIME.
But the car is NEVER being broken into.
Just some fat-finger owner that hit the wrong button on the keyless entry or some dog p!ssed on the tire and the sensitivity was way too high.
Scan it with twenty different "tools" and if all twenty flagged, then I'd be concerned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Does the original Chinese v13.0.2206 also crash for you against html5test?
I still wouldn't use html5test as "the" tell-tale.

How to crash Chrome browser?: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40367087/how-to-crash-chrome-browser

I also tried to crash the chrome with these websites (but without result): Browser Reaper: https://reaperbugs.pwnsdx.com/index# , then Marka.link: https://marka.link/#

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what the objective here is.
Track down "test" sites whose sole purpose is to "crash" a web browser?
These will always exist "in theory" and really not worth the effort to prevent (in my view).

If a top-500 web site like YouTube, Google, Wikipedia, Facebook, et cetera causes crashes, then that is something worth looking into.
But some "test" site whose sole existence is to create hypotheticals that simply do not exist "in the real world" ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I'm not sure what the objective here is.
Track down "test" sites whose sole purpose is to "crash" a web browser?
These will always exist "in theory" and really not worth the effort to prevent (in my view).

If a top-500 web site like YouTube, Google, Wikipedia, Facebook, et cetera causes crashes, then that is something worth looking into.
But some "test" site whose sole existence is to create hypotheticals that simply do not exist "in the real world" ???

Sure my answer was off topic, we are interested in heavy websites for eventual crashes, that's all, sorry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No worries.
I like "test" and "benchmark" sites but in the end it is usability that trumps test/benchmark "results".
There are some "benchmarks" out there that when you see the "results" you simply have to roll on the floor in laughter.
A FF-based browser which is quick and snappy and renders all 500 top-500 sites with ease will score 20,000 but an equally quick and snappy Chrome-based browser which again renders all 500 top-500 sites with ease will score 40,000 on the same exact OS and hardware.

"Yeah, right!"...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or these websites heavy loading:

Canvas Performance Test by Scott Porter: http://www.smashcat.org/av/canvas_test/

Winscribe snow: https://windscribe.com/miner/gamvw4hc and https://windscribe.com/miner/76ymafne

- ( for these snowing website, switch your "Dark Background and White Text" extension to "Simple CSS", if not - snow stay fixed.):rolleyes:

What's tool to look on scores you wrote about?...

Edited by msfntor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally like --

Kraken 1.1  --  https://mozilla.github.io/krakenbenchmark.mozilla.org/index.html

SunSpider 1.0.2  --  https://webkit.org/perf/sunspider/sunspider.html

Speedometer 2.0  --  https://browserbench.org/Speedometer2.0/  (there is also a Speedometer 1.0 but while the resulting score may be different, the actual "order" of results in comparing several browsers is always the same)

BrowserAudit  --  https://browseraudit.com/

Basemark Web 3.0  --  https://web.basemark.com/

PassMark AppTimer  --  https://www.passmark.com/products/apptimer/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you!

And a page not far away, VERY heavy; to view it, you need some time..: msfn.org/board/topic/182647-my-browser-builds-part-3/

With 360Chrome builds not big endeavor, effort, but with my Firefox offspring I use, not the same tune.!..

Edited by msfntor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Thank you!

And a page not far away, VERY heavy; to view it, you need some time..: msfn.org/board/topic/182647-my-browser-builds-part-3/

With 360Chrome builds not big endeavor, effort, but with my Firefox offspring I use, not the same tune.!..

Page 1?  Or Page 55?

Both load equally fast for me in 360Chrome v12 (NoScript 11.2.3 enabled) and in Mypal 27.9.4 (NoScript 5.1.9 disabled, render-lag if enabled).

 

If you are using NoScript then that can cause some very serious render-lags in FF-based browsers here at MSFN et alia.

But I seem to recall that "newer" NoScript extensions will cause the same render-lag in Chrome-based browsers here at MSFN et alia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, j7n said:

The contrast setting of the monitor might be too high...

It's on the contrary , he uses too bright theme in his compilation . It's too heavy on one's eyes , but not on his. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, msfntor said:

So

I am using a tool called CrowdInspect 1.5.0.0 from CrowdStrike. For the process 360Loader.exe, in the "MHR" column, I've red point with two exclamations, think of malware inside, maybe?..  

In this link: https://www.crowdstrike.com/blog/free-community-tool-crowdinspect/  - we read:

"Shown in the “MHR” column, Team Cymru maintains a repository of known malware that can be queried given an MD5 hash of the file contents. In this case we are simply querying for a yes/no answer so the results can be one of the following: ...

!!  (o Red icon)

The entry DOES exist in the MHR database. The process is known to be malware. This is bad."

I hope it's false-positive result...

 

This launcher was made by russians , what else would you expect ? Be on your guard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...