Window 10 is good or not?

john143

On 10/24/2020 at 9:52 AM, asdf2345 said:

A out of date Chromium would make Windows 10 less secure than Windows Vista (With Extended Kernel) using the latest Chromium. That's how little security updates matter with Windows. I even mained Windows 7 updated to 2016-09, out of date browser, out of date Steam client, and more out of date programs for around a year, and I did it all without getting any malware.

Also, as long as the security software gets database updates, it doesn't matter if it's out of date, in fact, I use a 2017 copy of my security software.

Welp, I'll be running Chromium 70 for the rest of my life, since they completely borked it after that.

Windows 7 + Office 2010 + Iron (fork of Chrome) 70.

I really wish somebody would fork Iron 70 and add modern security patches, but keep the old UI. @roytam1 pretty please? The interface after 70 is an abomination. Makes me want to puke. After 70 they got rid of the option to use the traditional Chrome UI and forced metro/modern UI on everyone.

Iron itself is a fork of Chrome with all the privacy and telemetry junk taken out, otherwise it's Chrome (it launches with chrome.exe). It's open source, so I feel like somebody knowledgable could just merge all the subsequent patches that don't affect the UI, but I have no idea.

Edited by Dylan Cruz

I've been using it for nearly one year and there no critical problem. (I'm normal Windows user)but I hate its updates. Why do they need to update is so frequently? Also, an update takes nearly 1-2 hours to complete.  bothersome

Unless too many updates..it's great in my opinion and everything flow smoothly. Btw, I'm not using the PC for other things rather than searching and  writing articles.So, perhaps my opinion could be not accurate 100%

I only use Windows 10 because of hardware issues. My GPU drivers suck on 7 and 8.1, as well as the GPU power control. My laptop is even worse of a story. It requires custom Intel UHD drivers, plus the touchpad is terrible because its a Microsoft Precision touchpad which only works well in 8.1+.

Edited by Tonny52

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded from 7 to 10 about 3 months ago. It's been something of a nightmare since then. It's buggy as heck. Several of my programs are now unstable and crash frequently when they never did before no matter what compatibility I set them to. Programs that were written for Windows 7. I'm not talking about old stuff from 2002 or anything crazy.

If I could go back to 7, I would in an instant. But new games are beginning to not support Windows 7 (a mistake, if you ask me) so I was forced to upgrade or get left behind. Feels bad. Considering buying another bank of hard drives so I can dual boot 7 and 10. 10 for games that absolutely will not run on 7 and then use 7 for everything else.

21 minutes ago, darxide said:

I upgraded from 7 to 10 about 3 months ago. It's been something of a nightmare since then. It's buggy as heck. Several of my programs are now unstable and crash frequently when they never did before no matter what compatibility I set them to. Programs that were written for Windows 7. I'm not talking about old stuff from 2002 or anything crazy.

If I could go back to 7, I would in an instant. But new games are beginning to not support Windows 7 (a mistake, if you ask me) so I was forced to upgrade or get left behind. Feels bad. Considering buying another bank of hard drives so I can dual boot 7 and 10. 10 for games that absolutely will not run on 7 and then use 7 for everything else.

The majority of games that are 10 only are either boring (Death Stranding), buggy (Horizon Zero Dawn, Sea of Thieves), or UWP (Forza Horizon 4, Minecraft Bedrock), which requires dealing with a launcher worse than Epic and DRM worse than Denuvo.

Everything else "8/10 only" either works on 7 with modifications (Mafia: Definitive Edition, Postal 4, System Shock Remastered), or just works out of the box without any modifications (Crusader Kings III, Detroit: Become Human, Destroy All Humans!, Fall Guys, Persona 4 Golden, Watch Dogs: Legion, etc)

51 minutes ago, darxide said:

It's buggy as heck.

I can relate to that too

each time i try new version of windows 10 it has a lot of new bugs

so im sticking to 1607

and install the driver with disabling driver enforcement

1 minute ago, darxide said:

Death Stranding is Top 3 greatest games I've ever played and made the nightmare of Win 10 worth it, fight me.

I haven't played the game, but it doesn't seem that good looking at reviews

12 minutes ago, asdf2345 said:

I haven't played the game

Trash talking something you haven't played is trashy and tacky as hell, my dude. I could also link you 50 glowing reviews praising the game. I can link negative review videos for ANY game you name. Dozens of them all at once.

You are clearly just trying to stir up some crap.

2 minutes ago, darxide said:

Trash talking something you haven't played is trashy and tacky as hell, my dude. I could also link you 50 glowing reviews praising the game. I can link negative review videos for ANY game you name. Dozens of them all at once.

You are clearly just trying to stir up some crap.

Well, when the game is published by Sony and 505 Games, two companies I hate, and the game doesn't support the OS of my choice, would I really want to buy it?