Streaming & Downloading Youtube Videos in 2020

loblo

I have it solved I believe. Now the only way I now to install LAV to play in most players is to run their installer - their executable. The 3DYD filter does not need LAV splitter formats installed in the registry but it uses LAV splitter and does its own thing - it needs the higher merit. What is best or required is to install the 3D3Y splitter filter first then you install LAV filters, I did not choose any streaming protocols though. I wanted to play x265 and RM so install splitter for what formats you need to get going with LAV video and LAV audio. Make sure you have the KEX registry setting ready to go for registration of the filters themselves although this can be done later. Mine *\.AX >NT2K find out the minimum for 3DYD and use that and also select LIBCURL to use the same setting. Jumper prefers we switch away from the old settings and that will be OK too. It can be a good idea to get your Dxva2.dll native set up first also otherwise the H.264 MVC 3D Decoder ( extra download ) may not install if you want to try it. The problem is the LAV splitter installs with the same merit as the 3DYD splitter so now once you have LAV installed the merit needs changing so that 3DYD has the higher merit. This can be done easily in KMPlayer system filter manager or in later MPClasic versions. The reason it worked in above post is that there were no LAV splitter formats installed even though LAV splitter was registered. Settings do not work for me adjusting them with LAV filter configuration nor the properties page there needs to be adjustments made via a reinstall. I have still used LAV 58 audio and reregistering the ax filters with their dependencies within the same folder will transfer operation to the new directory ( without spaces ) but then the merits will go back to original settings. You can change directory by manual typing in LAV installer, the explorer tree does not work for me. I am using Quartz 6.3.1.889 at the moment it might make a difference what version is used and the larger H264 and x265 needed the video player buttons stopped then started again for some reason in WMP, KMP does not do it. Thank you Loblo.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
(strikethrough)

KEX24 overrides child module settings now when an executable is KEX disabled but there is a solution. YouTube-dl executable will work with KEX24 if it is selected KEX MIN. This sort of has it disabled enough to work with no child module override. We need to know the reg settings for 3DYD source so that the different frame size file downloads can be set. The property page does not apply reg settings and just putting config.json in a folder did not work for me.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
add executable

16 hours ago, Goodmaneuver said:

KEX24 overrides child module settings now when an executable is KEX disabled but there is a solution. YouTube-dl executable will work with KEX24 if it is selected KEX MIN. This sort of has it disabled enough to work with no child module override. We need to know the reg settings for 3DYD source so that the different frame size file downloads can be set. The property page does not apply reg settings and just putting config.json in a folder did not work for me.

Yes, if I set youtube-dl to minimal load help, I must set msvcr90.dll to 2k to support GetSystemWindowsDirectoryW. Then according to the DependencyWalker, it should work. Now the error is "OSError: Failed to write string".

Some of my KEX setting are *\*.AX = NT2K recent change due to 3DYD source; *\D3D*.DLL = DCFG1; *\EAY32.DLL = BASE; *\MFC*.DLL = NT40; *\MSVC*.DLL = BASE; *\FFMPEG.EXE = NT40; *\MSXML*.DLL = Win2K_MT; used this to see if it would speed up, MSXML 3.0 SP10 needs at least NT40 I think from my memory. Before adding a wild card setting all other references to another applicable modules must be removed. For example for adding *\MSVC*.DLL search for MSVC throughout the KernelEx registry and remove others otherwise KEX will not work as it is intended and cause problems.

>Then according to the DependencyWalker, it should work.

I do not understand how you know the functions are going to work in DW just by changing KEX settings, are you profiling it? BASE should work.

The failure to render pins is a codec problem but it can be just a bit of a load problem. If you use WMP6.4.9 it might work, WMP6.4 is the only player that works for me. More things to consider MP6 loads ac3filter.ax vs 2.6.0.0 ; DIVXAF.AX vs 0.4.0.0 ; ffdshow.ax vs 1.1.3853.0 ( this is a KEX 4.5.2 friendly version - because I am working from a drive using an older build ) ; 3DYD source and the LAV filters with audio of ( 66 now ; LAV audio with dependencies of the same name as LAV video/splitter in different directories still load separately in RAM but pointing a handle to the correct memory location might be a problem ; 66 has different names ) : - thats all of the ax filters loaded when streaming a YouTube URL.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

On 9/27/2020 at 6:45 AM, schwups said:

Am I right assuming that you don't replace CryptStringToBinaryW.

I did not read the full post correctly. I did not do it and thought that the function was missing. @Schwups have you changed the string it might be why the error is saying "OSError: Failed to write string"

I did it with KEX 9 (kexbasen 8)! Youtube-dl and streaming with the MPC works now. I registered only the ax files of LAVFiltersXP-0.74.1.9-x86 (no other versions, same folder), installed youtube_source_2.2.2.exe again and renewed the registration of source_filter.ax (CryptStringToBinaryW replaced by CryptMsgClose). And suddenly MPC can stream. All LAV and youtubesource dll's and the .ax files are set to 2k. The replace of CryptStringToBinaryW is necessary with older KernelEx versions. The next step is reach this with KEX24. Fiddling with merits did nothing so far.

Goodmaneuver, I don't have a Dxva2.dll set up on ME. I've seen the file comes with Vista. But I found it in my XPSP3 insallation, too. LAVFiltersXP-0.74.1.9 on GitHub was removed because of a incompatible D3D11 decoder. Is the file needed here, is there a connection?

On 9/30/2020 at 12:32 AM, loblo said:

filters merits makes no sense at all here IMHO. 

It worked on one build of mine, every little bit helps.

I went back to an even earlier build and installed KernelEx 9 with Basen 8 registered 3DYD source with source_filter and LibCurl set as NT2K. Then installed defaults of LAV filters 70.2.16 and it streamed on WMP6. I then registered a 74.1.9 XP LAV install and it worked. I then installed MPC-HC 1.5.1.2903 and it streamed as well. I did not do the CryptStringToBinaryW alteration as I am using the suggestion about the files on previous page. It must be the configuration in the registry that caused later builds of mine to not work.

I can stream 1080p VP9 25 FPS KernelEx24 WMP6 at 70% CPU usage. 3DYD source loses registration if I register other files though. There is something not right there.

I will comment about Dxva2 later.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
forgot the 3DYD

Come up with concrete examples to backup your claims or abstain yourself making them please. Saying that every little bit helps and then go on rambling about something else is beyond meaningless and just adds to the confusion you sow.

I don't see why fiddling with filters merits would make any difference  here. Have you got something concrete to back up your claim such as: "When I set such filter to such merit the whole thing works but if I set it to another merit it doesn't"?

It's just like your claim about what's the best msvcrt replacement. There is nothing to back it up, not a single example of a program that runs fine with it but not without, etc... 

Edited by loblo

Filter merits would make a difference when you have multiple compatible filters for a given media/protocol.

If you have a single filter that supports decoding AVC1, it doesn't matter how high or low you set its merit (unless you set it as "blocked").

Also, players like MPC can use their own filter prioritizing, that don't affect the whole system.

I don't have a working Win9x to check now, but can you guys try if you can run any of these:

GSpot

DirectShow Filter Manager

Filmerit

RadLight Filter Manager

You should be able to change filter merits system-wide with these. Gspot can also (try to) play files.

Sorry browser needed refreshing I edited last post. 

10 hours ago, loblo said:

I don't see why fiddling with filters merits would make any difference  here. Have you got something concrete to back up your claim such as: "When I set such filter to such merit the whole thing works but if I set it to another merit it doesn't"?

What difference does it make though if it worked on a KernelEx24 system with not much room for maneuvering as WMP6 only works and besides it does not need the adjustment now. It doesn't make any difference if you have a lot of leeway like a KernelEx9 system that has not as much registry settings. I am talking about my systems and I only said what happened because Schwups was keen to get it solved.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:38 PM, loblo said:

Come up with concrete examples to backup your claims or abstain yourself making them please. Saying that every little bit helps and then go on rambling about something else is beyond meaningless and just adds to the confusion you sow.

The rambling can be deleted out. The main part of your thread is the very early posts which can be edited if need be. I can make the claims with concrete examples with pictures etcetera for you but where would you like it posted? EDIT I have decided to create my own topic. The DXVA2 will be commented elsewhere.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

On 10/1/2020 at 5:30 PM, RainyShadow said:

Filter merits would make a difference when you have multiple compatible filters for a given media/protocol.

If you have a single filter that supports decoding AVC1, it doesn't matter how high or low you set its merit (unless you set it as "blocked").

Also, players like MPC can use their own filter prioritizing, that don't affect the whole system.

I don't have a working Win9x to check now, but can you guys try if you can run any of these:

GSpot

DirectShow Filter Manager

Filmerit

RadLight Filter Manager

You should be able to change filter merits system-wide with these. Gspot can also (try to) play files.

According to my first slight impression these managers work on ME. Thanks for the links.