Software compatible with Windows Vista Extended Kernel

WinClient5270

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

While using Chrome 109 on the March 6 extended kernel, I noticed a status_access_violation error on some pages. The solution is to use --no-sandbox mode, or far safer, redirect the original DWrite.dll locally. BTW, with the March 6 version have kernel32 and kernel33.dll. For Chrome 109, it is better to redirect the latter locally, because then the system will be detected as Vista and no unsuccessful upgrade attempts will be made.

Edited by mjd79

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/6/2023 at 10:47 AM, lorenzo duchaussoy said:

How can I install this version of the kernel? There is no instruction that specifies how to install it.

On 12/6/2023 at 3:47 PM, lorenzo duchaussoy said:

So this pack of the extended kernel for the month of October 2022 works well :)

I'm going to try to do it for the latest extended kernel but there are updates deleted so I have to sort it out.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:21 PM, Tester Machine said:

How can I install this version of the kernel? There is no instruction that specifies how to install it.

I am the creator of this link.
to install the extended kernel, you have several in this pack.
You have to go to the finished files folder and go to the Extended Kernel for Vista folder October 2022 Hotfixes Updates
and run the win32 setup.
You need an up-to-date Windows Vista installation for this to work.

On 2/12/2024 at 1:02 PM, LiptonAcer said:

I am the creator of this link.
to install the extended kernel, you have several in this pack.
You have to go to the finished files folder and go to the Extended Kernel for Vista folder October 2022 Hotfixes Updates
and run the win32 setup.
You need an up-to-date Windows Vista installation for this to work.

I guess I must have the 2022 updates to be able to use the extended kernel.

The problem is, where can I get these compatible updates so I can install the kernel?

I am using Windows Vista SP2 Business x64

8 minutes ago, Tester Machine said:

I guess I must have the 2022 updates to be able to use the extended kernel.

The problem is, where can I get these compatible updates so I can install the kernel?

I am using Windows Vista SP2 Business x64

I have listed everything for Windows Vista.
You can check my youtube channel if you have difficulty you can also put the subtitles and translate the sites.
I am French but the updates are global so compatible with all languages.
You will find everything in this ploud link

https://storage.ploud.fr/index.php/s/Y8MQBDb4sFxAaDb

Just now, LiptonAcer said:

I have listed everything for Windows Vista. [He enumerado todo para Windows Vista.]
You can check my youtube channel if you have difficulty you can also put the subtitles and translate the sites. [Puedes revisar mi canal de youtube si tienes dificultad también puedes poner los subtítulos y traducir los sitios.]
I am French but the updates are global so compatible with all languages. [Soy francés pero las actualizaciones son globales, por lo que son compatibles con todos los idiomas.]
You will find everything in this ploud link [Encontrarás todo en este enlace de ploud.]

https://storage.ploud.fr/index.php/s/Y8MQBDb4sFxAaDb

Thanks friend, but my question is... looking at the link and the folders, I wonder in what order to install the updates? from 2019 to 2022?

Sorry for my lack of experience, if you can explain a little about this I would appreciate it.

18 minutes ago, Tester Machine said:

Thanks friend, but my question is... looking at the link and the folders, I wonder in what order to install the updates? from 2019 to 2022?

Sorry for my lack of experience, if you can explain a little about this I would appreciate it.

You need to install in Windows Vista esu folder
2020 then 2021 and 2022 then 2023 then 2024 via dism++
everything is provided in the pack

Just now, LiptonAcer said:

You need to install in Windows Vista esu folder [Debe instalarlo en la carpeta esu de Windows Vista.]
2020 then 2021 and 2022 then 2023 then 2024 via dism++ [2020 luego 2021 y 2022 luego 2023 luego 2024 vía dism++]
everything is provided in the pack [todo está incluido en el paquete]

Does this work even without updating? The thing is that I have the system without updating (it doesn't even have the 2017 ones)..

1 minute ago, Tester Machine said:

Does this work even without updating? The thing is that I have the system without updating (it doesn't even have the 2017 ones)..

You can always try but I recommend a clone first
afterward the ideal is to have all the fixes for vista