[WIP] Windows Vista Extended Kernel

win32

8 hours ago, Dixel said:

I never implied you're stupid, I was just trying to help, since it's a very common error. But your decision to run a third party installer by "bizzibob" in admin mode doesn't look good, trust me.

Especially in admin mode.

Ok rather than that can you help me? Win32's installer is "setup.exe" right? The one already included in the folder. As I've said i ran it as an admin and it gives me these errors: Unable to backup, Unable to restore. Do i have to press othere keys? Because i just press enter. Also sorry for what i wrote

Edited by Scarf32

6 hours ago, Scarf32 said:

Unable to backup, Unable to restore.

have you disabled some services? 
where did you get the iso you installed the os from?

Edited by winvispixp

Just now, winvispixp said:

have you disabled some services? 
where did you get the iso you installed the os from?

i mean i installed vista in 2020 so i don't really remember where i download the iso

17 hours ago, Scarf32 said:

Ok rather than that can you help me? Win32's installer is "setup.exe" right? The one already included in the folder. As I've said i ran it as an admin and it gives me these errors: Unable to backup, Unable to restore. Do i have to press othere keys? Because i just press enter. Also sorry for what i wrote

No worries, let's just forget it! Did you uninstal the old kernel first? The original installer kindly provided by win32 has that option, run as admin. The setup.exe should show you the window where you choose options, if no window shown at all, that's starnge! Could be the remnants of the third party installer by "bizzibob" blocking it.

Hello! When I installed the extended kernel on my old ThinkPad laptop. The Sidebar gadgets has gone, but after I remove the extended kernel it's showing the sidebar gadgets. So if this issue can be fixed in the next release.

Vista_Screenshot_onThinkPad.JPG

4 hours ago, Yordan said:

The Sidebar gadgets has gone

go to C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar and create a new folder called sidebar.exe.local 
put ole32.dll there and make sure you merge DLLredirectionenabler.reg 
every file can be found at the same location as ex kernel

12 hours ago, Dixel said:

No worries, let's just forget it! Did you uninstal the old kernel first? The original installer kindly provided by win32 has that option, run as admin. The setup.exe should show you the window where you choose options, if no window shown at all, that's starnge! Could be the remnants of the third party installer by "bizzibob" blocking it.

Nono the windo appears and it asks me what to do: r for restore and other keys to install. I just press enter and in the installation it gives the errors above

(Also the name of the guy is Bizzbob not bizzibob. This is the link to his installer:

Also man trust me this installer is the best, it automatically backs up, it disables signature and repair file permissions. All with a click man

Here's my suggestion! 1. Open a cmd. 2. Type there sfc /scannow. 3. Wait until the process is completed and restart your pc. $. Run the ExKernel setup, if the first time it's not working you should run it one more time. Then, if the installer tells that the setup is complete, you can restart the system. Additionally, after the scanning, you should take all .bak files and move it to another place or rename the extension from .bak to .bak1 or whatever you want. That worked for me at least.

6 hours ago, winvispixp said:

go to C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar and create a new folder called sidebar.exe.local 
put ole32.dll there and make sure you merge DLLredirectionenabler.reg 
every file can be found at the same location as ex kernel

I make it and doesn't work. But I have bigger problem, when I play some video on YouTube something goes wrong and the video starting to lag and glitching.

Edited by Yordan
Some changes

Is anyone else having the problem where all the permissions get screwed up? I am unable to run anything as admin and several features are broken.
Only way to fix it is to boot into safe mode and run SFC /scannow which puts my OS back into a usable state.
I am using a fully updated Windows Vista SP2 X64.

IMG_20230701_013243949.jpg

18 hours ago, Scarf32 said:

Nono the windo appears and it asks me what to do: r for restore and other keys to install. I just press enter and in the installation it gives the errors above

(Also the name of the guy is Bizzbob not bizzibob. This is the link to his installer:

Also man trust me this installer is the best, it automatically backs up, it disables signature and repair file permissions. All with a click man

I see, I have a question, what made you use non-win32 installer in the first place? And what does Bizzbob have to say? Perhaps ask him in his topic then?

Aand If I were you, I'd try a clean install of Vista + the installer by win32. It worked fine for me, always!