Firefox 24 - 52 for ME and 98

13 hours ago, schwups said:

Avrt.dll Win 7:

I had following API's disabled, because I haven't found suitable return values (documented?).

[NTDLL.DLL]
AlpcGetMessageAttribute=   
AlpcInitializeMessageAttribute= 
NtAlpcConnectPort=      
NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort=

After I gave them (NTSTATUS)STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED, I'm able to swap to Avrt.dll of Win 7. The Profiling of 11th still hangs at "DllMain(0x75400000, DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH, 0x00000000) in "AVRT.DLL" called by thread 0xFFCB6B63.".

10thModuleAfterProf

11th - Modules not loaded/missing:

AVM files FritzBox Router Software/Firewall

Falkon.dll not loaded (Falkon and Mypal.dll are kstubs)

RNR20 (Windows Socket2 NameSpace DLL)

WBEMPROX, WBEMSVC, WBEMCOMN (Windows Management Instrumentation)

NSS files (Firefox) - NSSDBM3, Softokn3, FREEBL3, NSSCKBI, NSS3

ODBC32 (Microsoft Data Access - ODBC Driver Manager) -> 10th Delay-load module

URLMON (OLE32 Extensions for Win32) -> 10th Delay-load module

Following DW profiling log of 10th after hang the next module to load is Falkon (Kstub) and then DNSAPI. So, I could also conclude that my Falkon.dll is too sparse or not?

Edited by schwups

Avrt.dll Win 7 (6.1.7600.16385):
depentent modul NTDLL.DLL
not supported by Kexbasen 25/Kexbases 25:

[NTDLL.DLL]
AlpcGetMessageAttribute   
AlpcInitializeMessageAttribute
NtAlpcConnectPort 
NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort
NtOpenPrivateNamespace
RtlAddSIDToBoundaryDescriptor
RtlCreateBoundaryDescriptor
RtlCreateServiceSid
RtlDecodePointer
RtlDeleteBoundaryDescriptor
RtlEncodePointer

(LdrDisableThreadCalloutsForDll removed)

Cow (can of worms). For multimedia, probably delay-loaded, so delete for now.

Export DW results as text. The PNGs were of no use.

Edited by jumper

5 hours ago, schwups said:

If I delete Multimedia Realtime Runtime (Avrt.dll), I get "couldn't load xpcom".

Try cloning kstub825.dll. Use Kexports on Avrt.dll to get a list of exports to use for definitions. Put the new Avrt files in Windows\System so KernelEx will work on it.

Can you load Avrt.dll in a dll loader such as Ktree or Procwin?

I use AVRT from Win10 but it will not load with KEX25. Give it a try yourself. AVRT from Vista to Win8.1 are a bit harder to get going. You can use BWC's AVRT from Windows2000-KB935839-x86. You can use ROS DWMAPI say bootcd-64900 or BWC's 2017 from One-Core-x86. They are essentially the same. Alpc was added to the functions for local machine only so the Alpc prefix can be dropped from the API name. I have uploaded a modules in use for KMPlayer. AdvapiEx as seen in the KMP.htm will not load with KEX25 either. NLSDL can be used for Locale to LCID functions from just about any OS and is included in One-Core binaries or you can use Dibya's ExKernel.

[KERNEL32]
GetParentLocaleLCID=>NLSDL:DownlevelGetParentLocaleLCID
GetParentLocaleName=>NLSDL:DownlevelGetParentLocaleName
LCIDToLocaleName=>NLSDL:DownlevelLCIDToLocaleName
LocaleNameToLCID=>NLSDL:DownlevelLocaleNameToLCID

KMP.htm

Edited by Goodmaneuver
Couple of typing errors.

1 hour ago, Goodmaneuver said:

AdvapiEx as seen in the KMP.htm will not load with KEX25 either.

Kex25 not seen. Your configuration is a mess. You really need to start over from scratch. Use more stubs to avoid the cows, resulting in fewer modules and fewer stubs needed overall. Use all latest KernelEx and aux. files and the correct Unicows. Do not mix-and-match from different KernelEx versions. Do not use post-XP files. Do not use files from other extenders.

First of all, thank you both very much. Indeed I'd BWC avrt.dll from KB935839-v30fM-x86 on my HDD here. First this
is the easiest test and it solves this hang, I get the GUI and have it running!  :roll1: This version has only three exports, the two called and one more. But I already have a new problem with the version of 16th. This requires further investigation. I may have rather worsened my kstubs the last few days.

9 hours ago, jumper said:

Can you load Avrt.dll in a dll loader such as Ktree or Procwin?

I can't load Avrt Win 7 (6.1.7600.16385) with Procwin! Message: Can not load library. With Kex comp. mode Win 7 on AVRT.dll the window opens and then Procwin hangs.

Nothing happens, if I try to load Avrt BWC. No message - no window. I see the same behaviour with other dlls and I conclude that means it loads. I think the missing window is a special error on my system, that also needs to be investigated.

KTree (Avrt BWC):  Window Ok => C:\...\AVRT.DLL -  but <Missing: get_api_table()>

??

KTree (Avrt Win7): Blank and it hangs.

Edited by schwups

58 minutes ago, jumper said:

Kex25 not seen.

Yes that's right I am using 4.5.2 which will show when reading the DLLs as 4.5.12.

15 minutes ago, jumper said:

Your configuration is a mess.

Maybe but I do not know how you have determined this. I have got the programs to run that stopped running with KEX25 and earlier.

19 minutes ago, jumper said:

You really need to start over from scratch.

That is what I have done in going back to 4.5.2.

24 minutes ago, jumper said:

Use all latest KernelEx and aux. files and the correct Unicows.

The UXTHEME from BWC is OK. The latest UNICOWS is not real friendly with WinME and is designed for other OS with the delay loaded Ldr functions. 4018 has all of the latest APIs without LdrUnloadDll and LdrLoadDll. So I use 4018 without any issues.

44 minutes ago, jumper said:

Use more stubs to avoid the cows, resulting in fewer modules and fewer stubs needed overall.

Yes but there are problems which go unresolved.

56 minutes ago, jumper said:

Do not mix-and-match from different KernelEx versions.

I did not mix 4.5.2 modules as seen but I did use your KernelEx.dll for convenience and so I can use your Kstubs.dll. Thankyou.

50 minutes ago, jumper said:

Do not use post-XP files. Do not use files from other extenders.

Why not as 3rd party apps require them and they are used here in this topic.

2 hours ago, Goodmaneuver said:
3 hours ago, jumper said:

Kex25 not seen.

Yes that's right I am using 4.5.2 which will show when reading the DLLs as 4.5.12.

Your configuration is a mess.

Maybe but I do not know how you have determined this. I have got the programs to run that stopped running with KEX25 and earlier.

Do not mix-and-match from different KernelEx versions.

I did not mix 4.5.2 modules as seen but I did use your KernelEx.dll for convenience and so I can use your Kstubs.dll. Thankyou.

I have several ME machines, where I can do different things.

Use all latest KernelEx and aux. files and the correct Unicows.

The UXTHEME from BWC is OK. The latest UNICOWS is not real friendly with WinME and is designed for other OS with the delay loaded Ldr functions. 4018 has all of the latest APIs without LdrUnloadDll and LdrLoadDll. So I use 4018 without any issues.

Trying out different versions and jump between them makes sense for troubleshooting. I'm not aware of unicows 4018. I had always used 1.1.3790.0. I don't see LdrUnloadDll and LdrLoadDll. Uxtheme of ROS 0.4 or 2k or XP loads on my main machine (Kex25/Kext), too.

Do not use post-XP files. Do not use files from other extenders.

Why not as 3rd party apps require them and they are used here in this topic.

Yes, these will not always be avoidable.