Firefox 53 (and other unsupported software) working on windows xp

Duck42069

But all Mozilla devs live under the illusion that constantly aping Google Chrome (by removing native browser features and GUI customisations, delegating removed features to WEs instead) IS the way to deter Fx users from changing camp over to the competition, ie. Chrome

Frankly, I don't buy it anymore. Not in a case as glaringly obvious as this one (and countless others before), and not in general when looking around in today's world. That people who keep destroying good things again and again, without any need or reason, must surely be inherently good and honest people too just i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-y stupid. There's a limit to stupidity at some point, if someone has a job that requires a minimum of intelligence. Long time afterwards it always turns out that in reality such people couldn't believe themselves how easily they always got away even with the most i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e lies and betrayals, and how much they looked down upon those who still believed them. Or if even knowing better, still trusted at least in their honesty. How it enforced their conviction that obviously people WANT to be betrayed and don't deserve better, so they happily continued yet worse, often while climbing up the power ladder even faster.
The core prob is the conviction of most people that everyone else must be born just like themselves. Evil people keep insisting that deep down everyone else were evil too, just hiding it - no exceptions. Everyone else who claims differently is a liar or stupid or betraying themselves. And truly goodhearted people keep insisting the opposite, that deep down everyone else must be born goodhearted too - no exceptions. If too obvious that someone isn't, then he surely must be a poor traumatized soul, deserving nothing but sympathy and needing as much love and help as possible to be 'cured'.

It's all rubbish, everyone is simply different, and deeds speak louder than words.
So the continued destruction of Firefox since a couple years already is done on purpose (of course, just my opinion). No one in their right mind can expect success by driving away the own loyal userbase and hoping to replace them by users of another product, who can just as well keep the better original. Makes zero sense. But when looking at plain facts, what makes a very obvious sense is the completely unnecessary and continued destruction of useful features, despite all desperate protests, again and again, since years. And despite seeing the user base declining with the declining features too.

Edited by siria