Any chance to install Powershell 3 on Windows Vista?

Clc

Good afternoon everybody! I follow and appreciate your forum for a long time! thanks to you I was able to apply Windows server 2008 security patches to my Windows vista installation .. now I was wondering: since Powershell 3 is compatible with Windows server 2008 sp2, there is some possibility to update it also on Windows vista ? thanks to those who want to answer me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I managed to integrate it. It's dirty way, but it seems good. It will be part of my offline Vista / Server 2008 Update Pack. At the end you get SysPreped ISO with all updates, PowerShell versions, .NETs and working Windows Update to receive Office updates or Drivers. This Update Pack tool should be relased in moth (hopefully)

Vista-Power-Shell-3.png

24 minutes ago, George King said:

I managed to integrate it. It's dirty way, but it seems good. It will be part of my offline Vista / Server 2008 Update Pack. At the end you get SysPreped ISO with all updates, PowerShell versions, .NETs and working Windows Update to receive Office updates or Drivers. This Update Pack tool should be relased in moth (hopefully)

Vista-Power-Shell-3.png

Well done indeed. Looking forward to it.

• 7 months later...
On 6/7/2021 at 4:45 AM, George King said:

Vista-Power-Shell-3.png

Can you tell us how you managed to integrate it?