Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
Mathwiz

HELP! All four powerline adapters in my house went dead at once! HOW?

Posted (edited)

For several years I've been using a set of four TP-Link TL-PA2010 powerline adapters to network various devices throughout my house. Came home today and they were all disconnected from each other. The center LED is off on all four.

Normally when this happens to one, I just unplug it and plug it back in, and it reconnects to the other three. At worst I may need to "pair" it with one of the others. But today all four were disconnected, unplugging/plugging back in does nothing, and none of them will "pair" to any of the others.

Right now my PC and Roku are limping along on WiFi but I still have two devices completely disconnected from the network.

Anyone have any idea what could possibly be going on?

Edit: OK, this is getting spooky. Everything just came back on! I did nothing.

Do I have a poltergeist?

Edited by Mathwiz

1 hour ago, Mathwiz said:

Do I have a poltergeist?

Best way to find out is to call the original  GhostBusters.png

• Like 1

Probably some loose connection somewhere. I have a similar issue occasionally with my DECA network.

Little green men have come a long way since when they were just stealing socks ... green men 2.0!

jaclaz

• Like 1

Definitely one of the weirdest (not to mention most frustrating) things I've had happen in a long time. My working theory is that some sort of power surge or interference "stunned" them all overnight, then when I found the problem and unplugged and re-plugged several of them, they woke up and eventually found each other, even though nothing seemed to happen at first.

Although that does make me wonder if they're quite a bit smarter than they're letting on ;)