Microsoft Update takes forever to check for updates after installing Office 2007

NojusK

Anyways im trying to get office 2007 updated to its EOL.First i installed sp3 after i installed office 2007 and Microsoft update is just stuck at searching for updates :(

Any help?

Edited by someguy25

This was a problem for a long time....

On 7/1/2018 at 6:28 PM, FranceBB said:

I left the old http link scan for like almost 48 hours and it didn't show any results, it was still searching. I'm gonna leave the https one scan overnight, let's see if it will find the updates.

I know that I can just manually download the updates, but I wanna find out how long it takes for IE to find updates and if it finds them at all.

... but was finally corrected in June with cumulative IE8 update KB4316682:

On 7/2/2018 at 7:21 AM, Robinek said:

After installing the last update ie8-windowsxp-kb4316682-x86-embedded-enu_cc345109f94dd7b763cc415385974632a058fd07

The search works quickly and without any problems.

The latest cumulative IE8 update was KB4366536 and it should also include the fix. Maybe that got removed somehow, or was never installed for some reason?

If that update doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs under Windows Internet Explorer 8 - Software Updates, try downloading it from the Catalog and installing it. Then see if the Office 2007 updates are found in a reasonable time.

I understood @someguy25 wanted to update Office 2007 fully before moving on to IE8, of course.
If so:

Download manually and install manually the Office 2007 updates in reverse order (= from the one released more recently to the oldes released one). Since some supersede others, some of the older updates will refuse to install, because a later update is present, which is normal. Eventually, after all Office 2007 updates are installed, wu/mu won't take forever anymore. I know: it sucks... but life is like that.

Else, do read this post.

16 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

This was a problem for a long time....

... but was finally corrected in June with cumulative IE8 update KB4316682:

The latest cumulative IE8 update was KB4366536 and it should also include the fix. Maybe that got removed somehow, or was never installed for some reason?

If that update doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs under Windows Internet Explorer 8 - Software Updates, try downloading it from the Catalog and installing it. Then see if the Office 2007 updates are found in a reasonable time.

My XP install is with all the latest updates.