Microsoft's Hotfix service is no longer available

erpdude8

The Hotfix service is no longer available. Instead you can find your fix or patch by upgrading to the latest update available for your product.

You can also obtain Microsoft drivers, software updates, and other support files by downloading them from the Microsoft Catalog, the Microsoft Download Center, or upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 contains the most up-to-date security and other features built right in.

Well, sort of... :unsure:
I've just now tried to download one hotfix, just to check it: WindowsServer2003-KB957910-x86-ENU.exe
I've used the link below:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hotfix/kbhotfix?kbnum=957910&kbln=en-us&forceorigin=esmc
It was redirected to the page with the message @tain quoted above.
Then I closed the tab it was in, opened another one and gave it a "paste and go" command with the same url above...
This time I got the old good MS agreement form and clicked "yes" on it...
I got once more redirected to the page with the message @tain quoted above.
Then I closed the tab it was in, opened another one and gave it a "paste and go" command with the same url above...
This time I got the old good MS hotfix by e-mail order page, opened the language selection menu and ticked the PTB version (because I already had the ENU one), and gave the e-mail it was to be sent to.
The link to the hotfix inside a zip was sent as usual, and I was able to download the file all right.
So: go figure! :wacko:

Just read about this on Ghacks.  Holy Jeepers, I'm starting to miss the Windows days of old, but I get that Microsoft is going in a new direction: Cloud Services, and Windows is simply one of many conduits to those services.

So I guess the older Windows model isn't really representative of today.

:(

10 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

So I guess the older Windows model isn't really representative of today.

:(

Luckily (thank goodness) the newer Windows is not really representative of today either.

I mean, just imagine if the real world was as awful/crappy as Windows 10 (and its updates :ph34r:) .

In the morning your alarm clock doesn't ring because of an issue with permissions or policies, you cannot find your clothes (as a glitch in your CLAAS - Clothes & Laundry As A Service - managed to collect your dirty ones but failed to deliver your cleaned ones), your internet connected coffee machine has issues verifying the DRM of your (orignal BTW) coffee capsule, as you manage to get, very late and coffeless in your car in your bathrobe and slippers, the huge screen console of your car greets you with the message "Downloading update, car will reboot and be available for starting in 1:05:48 ..."

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz