Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

ruthan

[SOLVED] Win98 short annoying freeze every 20-30 second, very bad for gaming, how to fix it?

On 7/12/2017 at 1:59 PM, ruthan said:

So i have updated to SP3 3.5.2 and its fixed, so it means that Windows 98 has from design broken not stable framerate? I dont remember that from old times, but i never had highend hardware.

What is know biggest save ammount of Ram? Make sense install KernelEX too (from gaming stability front of view). 

You need to update to the latest version. 3.57

Nothing major.

I'm seeking confirmation that ruthan checked the box and enabled the USP3 DMA patch option. We still don't know what piece of the pack actually solved the freeze problem.

Why does he need to update if his problem is now solved?

1 hour ago, jumper said:

Why does he need to update if his problem is now solved?

In case the user(s) are using other outdated options.

Why do you even care if he/she updates or not?

I'm seeking confirmation that ruthan checked the box and enabled the USP3 DMA patch option

Yes i did, but i dont know which part of SP3 actually fixed my issues, i have some physical machine when even after SP3 installation is issue still exist - probably because of SATA - IDE driver running in IDE mode => 1 MB/s transfer rate and freezes even in Windows Explorer..

On other computer is was Anvir taskmanager free root cause of periodical freeze (could be measured throught Fraps loggin into txt file)

Edited by ruthan

You meant to say that Anvir taskmanager free caused the periodical freeze, right?

You meant to say that Anvir taskmanager free caused the periodical freeze, right?

Yeah.