TuMaGoNx

My browser is Opera 12.18, use opera turbo, rarely turning on javascript and image. So fasttttttttt

But hey back then I use palemoon atom for a while, here is normal palemoon (patched using xompie) since I don't know how to tell the difference, i show the inspector which atom claimed missing? I think.

good night. gotta sleep

EDIT: note that this is just "run" app, no heavy test/benchmark been performed to claim fitness to run on XP, I'd advise to use Atom+Firebug, the proper way to run on XP.

foobar.JPG

Edited by TuMaGoNx

As promised the whole thing is under 64kb, this is super-duper-pre-alpha. No registry touched, No system files modified.

please give suggestion or report! (@github preferred: https://github.com/tumagonx/xompie/)

Apps that known to "run":

MS Visual True Type

Adobe DNG Converter 9.6.1

Python 3.5.2 with additional step http://opensourcepack.blogspot.com/2016/10/python-352-on-xp.html

Palemoon

Thanks to Dibya, FrenchBB for the intriguing discussion

Thanks to dencorso to encourage further, I actually don't plan to continue, after getting Python works. So now seems so much thing left to be done.

Usage:

right klik on your app folder -> sendto -> xpatcher.bat

Edited by TuMaGoNx

I guess the main interest would be browser after all  :)

How to patch Palemoon with XomPie:
1. Install xompie-0.0.2a.exe, need to be admin
2. Install 32bit Visual C++ 2015 runtime if you are not have it yet
3. Download Palemoon using the zip version, extract to [somewhere]
4. from explorer right klik on [somewhere] -> sendto -> xpatcher.bat
5. From the cmd dialog proceed by press Enter
6. Wait till over.. Close cmd dialog and try run palemoon

EDIT:
to uninstall : StartMenu -> All Programs -> Xompie -> Uninstall Xompie (there is no uninstaller from Add/Remove)

@TuMaGoNx... it works, even though the programs I tried to patch failed to load. I think that's fine for programs which have been blocked by purpose on XP, since it modifies the system version number to 5.1 and it's easy to be used by users ;)

@dibya... got it.

By the way, I'm making progress with Filezilla and ffms2 ;)

Yep, that one. It's one of the best video indexer ever made. There are many video indexer like LAV, DGI etc, but ffms2 (ffmpegsource2) is my favourite. Problem is that they didn't include all the headers needed in the master project in github, so I'm manually adding them, which is a pain in the butt. Anyway, I should be able to compile it without any issues with Visual Studio 2010 (no need to use GCC this time).

As to the .net framework, I'm still disappointed with Microsoft: they released the .net core claiming that it's cross platform, but despite the fact that it does work on Linux, they totally didn't care about Windows XP. 

Side note: I was talking with some Microsoft guys in the MVA last time, and they told me that Microsoft developers lurked a lot in forums during the past few months about .net related things, to understand what users want and what they could add, and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually read topics in MSFN as well... 

Edited by FranceBB

For .NET I remember I could compile more stable Mono.NET using GCC (instead of VS, the official) and that Mono.NET 4.x can run on XP with just slight patch on assembly that handle date/time function. Too bad it's not convenience to use. without WPF as well.

Mono has almost every but not all the features that .net 4 offers. For instance, "CodeContracts - API complete, partial tooling" and "Server-side OData - Depends on Entity Framework". Anyway, they have been implementing C# 5 and 6 released with the .net 4.5 and 6, even though, despite the fact that the asynchronous base class library has been defined, asynchronous mode in MVC 4 and 5 is not supported.

Get well soon Dibya!
I want to ask about his advice before about KMT patch for wineD3D, what's that mean? is it to make gdi XP to have D3DKMT or disable WineD3D from using it? FranceBB do you know about the patch?
At the moment I build WineD3D-csmt 1.9.5 and 1.9.20 from https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-patched/releases

Yep. I think he was talking about this: https://mega.nz/#!rNVSFCQB!eAh54cJVzmCR7nXEHTRh9GHa11agGBsLR_lM_fkG26Y 

It's a different implementation which doesn't use OpenGL as Wine does. Although it used to be very good, it works with NVIDIA GPU but we didn't have luck with ATI/AMD GPU. That's why people generally use the Linux based version (Wine).