TuMaGoNx

Here is 0.4a, once again not much changed..
added: usp10.dll, ws2_32.dll and msiexec7.exe and xpatcher can do per file(s) patching
removed: d3d9ex I don't see reason to sacrifice 270kb for something rarely used

Keep it PNP (PatchAndPray!)

requirements:
msvcrt 2013 & 2015
additional:
powerpoint viewer 2010 (free) or office 2010 or this update -> this file %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\usp10.dll "you know how to get it anyway"
Windows Live Essentials XP -> SegoeFont.msi or "you know how to get it anyway"
app verifier to install non-msi installer

Download:

xompie-0.4a.exe

Edited by TuMaGoNx

SegoeFont.msi, from which version of Windows Live Essentials? (2009, 2011 or 2012)
Property there is a discrepancy in the xpatcher.bat because the directory under

"%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE 14\usp10.dll" set USPOK=1

determined has not go in cheating between Office and 14 a space?
If I have the Powerpoint Viewer 2010 installed, the directory Office14 without space is present.

:)

Edited by heinoganda

@heinoganda: You're right! typo in xpatcher should be no space there.

Live Essential file version is 14.0.8117.416, it's definitely one of wave3 releases. On the eula it says March 2010

EDIT: I have reupload it above thanks!

Edited by TuMaGoNx

@Dibya: Could you list popular games that need it?
my impression is since it is made to make d3d9 works better with the new DWM (non fullscreen case, i think) thus as there is no dwmapi in XP it better to make it dummy than dragging wined3d altogether which might not perform better than native d3d9 implementation. If there significant need for d3d9ex...

@TuMaGoNx

The version corresponds to Windows Live Essentials 2009. The bug in the xpatcher.bat I corrected, in addition, the updated "usp10.dll" (version 1.626.7601.22182) implemented in the installer for my use. In addition, I use the "7z SFX Builder" for installation programs, easier to use and makes the subsequent change easier. Thanks again for your effort and time you sacrifice.

2 hours ago, TuMaGoNx said:

@Dibya: Could you list popular games that need it?
my impression is since it is made to make d3d9 works better with the new DWM (non fullscreen case, i think) thus as there is no dwmapi in XP it better to make it dummy than dragging wined3d altogether which might not perform better than native d3d9 implementation. If there significant need for d3d9ex...

Some sooter games . Pro evolution soccer 2016 & 17 + Newer DX9 built with Unreal and other engines.

@dencorso: as we know tahoma/arial which default NT5 ui font replaced by Segoe in NT6 and somehow some apps assume that way, this cause dialog box stretched out when the font not present (switched with "system" font, i think). So i need to find legal and free way to obtain it.

That's easy, really!
Download wlsetup-all.exe (it's the direct download link you yorself gave).
Download pcopy02.zip. Extract PARTCOPY.EXE from inside it.
Take care: PARTCOPY.EXE does not understand long filenames.  .. so run:

partcopy wlsetu~1.exe 6AEB10 F83BC segoe.cab

... and then extract Segoe.msi from inside it.
You can even write a batch file with wget (like this one, for example) to do it all unattended for the user. :yes:

@dencorso: hmm if that's was the case then curl might do that as well (is that second hex offset a typo?, only 5 chars)
curl -r [byteoffset]-[byteoffset] -o segoe.cab http://web.archive.org/web/20110302025123/http://wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/F/1/F/F1FE75CE-C235-4250-9598-AEE5D854A7EA/en/wlsetup-all.exe

I have open wlsetup-all.exe with 7zip 9.2, in directory \.rsrc\0\PACKAGE, file P18796293, open internally and unpack File SegoeFont.msi.

or

Open wlsetup-all.exe with 7zip 9.2, in directory \.rsrc\0\PACKAGE, unpack File P18796293.
Next open P18796293 with 7zip 9.2 and unpack File SegoeFont.msi.

@dencorso: I have re-think it again, being a bundled component it could mean just like that, as intended and as is. But I'm not a lawyer :D
Just for safety, I will write instruction on github page with more legal way of installing these stuff but leave some hints for advanced user to do their own way :)
or I could do more nasty thing on ryanvm... like repack the fonts, usp10.dll and appverifier into tiny installer