Experimental builds

7 hours ago, NoelC said:

My RoundedCorners theme atlas has a baked-in blue color.  A while back I made an alternative one without that...

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/14393/RoundedCornersNoExtraColor.zip

-Noel

Thanks but still doesn't take the colour away. I've tried so many different options using areoglass reg. Hope bigmuscle updates the gui tool soon.

20 hours ago, NoelC said:

SeNS, it's possible you haven't been reading carefully, but a release IS already made for 64 bit users.  Big Muscle is still working on the 32 bit version, the installer, (hopefully) the GUI configuration application, the ModernFrame DLL, (hopefully) the UxThemeSignatureBypass DLLs...

-Noel

Hmm, could you please point me to the "secret" release page? Because I see only http://www.glass8.eu/beta i.e. !!! EXPERIMENTAL TESTING BUILD ONLY - DO NOT USE ON YOUR PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT !!!

So, what I should "read carefully"? Can I install this beta http://www.glass8.eu/beta?file=rs1_14393_668_x64.7z and use AeroGlass w/o debug window, label on desktop etc.? 

Or your meaning of "release" is a quite different? What do you call "release"? I'm professional software developer and too busy with my daily job and homebrew "moonlight" projects for UWP platform. I don't have time for testing and discussing here; what I want is to have a "worry-less" release of "AeroGlass", to make my windows captions semi-transparent...

P.S. I understand, we are not a customers 'cause we didn't paid but donated. However a small appreciation to the donators is always very welcome (it's not for you but for bigmuscle)

5 minutes ago, SeNS said:

Hmm, could you please point me to the "secret" release page? Because I see only http://www.glass8.eu/beta i.e. !!! EXPERIMENTAL TESTING BUILD ONLY - DO NOT USE ON YOUR PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT !!!

So, what I should "read carefully"? Can I install this beta http://www.glass8.eu/beta?file=rs1_14393_668_x64.7z and use AeroGlass w/o debug window, label on desktop etc.? 

Or your meaning of "release" is a quite different? What do you call "release"? I'm professional software developer and too busy with my daily job and homebrew "moonlight" projects for UWP platform. I don't have time for testing and discussing here; what I want is to have a "worry-less" release of "AeroGlass", to make my windows captions semi-transparent...

P.S. I understand, we are not a customers 'cause we didn't paid but donated. However a small appreciation to the donators is always very welcome (it's not for you but for bigmuscle)

If you had already donated then you only just need to sign in on that link. Then you able to download #669

On 22/08/2016 at 6:25 PM, MrGRiM said:

You have to create a new DWORD called GlassOpacity and set it 0-100 default: 68.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"AccentColor"=dword:c41f1f1f
"EnableBlurBlend"=dword:00000000
"GlassOpacity"=dword:00000000
"AccentColorInactive"=dword:c41f1f1f

Save that as a reg file and set the values you want for active and inactive accent colors.

Thanks MrGrim. After trying so many different settings to make aeroglass clear on Windows 10 Build 14393. Your settings there worked.

2 hours ago, daveo76 said:

If you had already donated then you only just need to sign in on that link. Then you able to download #669

OK, thanks, it's much more informative and helpful than NoelC's reply! The only thing left is how to install #669 but I hope to find an answer here.

P.S. No, I can't find any info here :huh: So you may call this Visual Studio configuration "Release" build  as a "software release" but it's not a true (same as bigmuscle called his shareware project as a "donate-ware" but you are free "to believe whatever you want to believe" (c)

Edited by SeNS

11 minutes ago, SeNS said:

OK, thanks, it's much more informative and helpful than NoelC's reply! The only thing left is how to install #669 but I hope to find an answer here.

How I install it is. Create folder "AeroGlass" on "C:\" then extract #669 to "C:\AeroGlass" then install "setup-w8.1-1.4.5.exe". That all

21 minutes ago, daveo76 said:

How I install it is. Create folder "AeroGlass" on "C:\" then extract #669 to "C:\AeroGlass" then install "setup-w8.1-1.4.5.exe". That all

you shouldn't install that... just unpack 669 to C:\AeroGlass and then create a task in task scheduler to run aerohost at startup as the SYSTEM user account.

24 minutes ago, dacrone said:

you shouldn't install that... just unpack 669 to C:\AeroGlass and then create a task in task scheduler to run aerohost at startup as the SYSTEM user account.

It's exactly what I mean... Two completely different advises (yours, dacrone, probably correct one).

P.S. Hmm, after few tries and reboots I still have:

- incompatibility issue dialog

- nasty label on my desktop (but I already donated 10 €)

You guys still called it release? You are lucky ones, I can tell you :D It's an easy to live with that confidence...

2016-09-17 (1).png

2016-09-17 (2).png

Edited by SeNS

So, my question to bigmuscle (but not to the "community attorneys" :P !) is still open: could you please provide release ETA? Next week, end of September, end of October, end of XXI century - any reply will be welcome :rolleyes:

Edited by SeNS

My Variant to update:
Restart in Safe Mode (click with holding [shift] on Reboot in the Startmenu).
Copy/overwrite all new files to AeroGlass folder, reboot.

Symbols:
Install "Windows 10 SDK Kit", copy symbols.cmd to AeroGlass folder, delete the old symbols folder and run the symbols.cmd (it will download the symbols from MS).

symbols.cmd

13 hours ago, SeNS said:

So, my question to bigmuscle (but not to the "community attorneys" :P !) is still open: could you please provide release ETA? Next week, end of September, end of October, end of XXI century - any reply will be welcome :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Az_Biker in an XDA thread: 

Dev adds 2 days to the release for every outright ETA, 
1 day for each disguised ETA, and 
12 hrs for every combo-hybrid question that contains a veiled ETA...
Conversely, Dev subtracts several days till release for each day no form of ETA is requested. So there IS hope!
As of now, it's up to 22 October for next update 

22 minutes ago, JoppyFopFop said:

Originally Posted by Az_Biker in an XDA thread

There is no need to guess 'cause developer is reading forum and can provide a straight answer to that simple question. One more time: there is nothing "offensive" or "pushing" in that kind of question to the shareware author. I believe it's a pretty simple to understand.

Edited by SeNS

23 hours ago, drakulaboy said:

no love for x86 :D

but still i'm getting something nice

xianwofi.png  

Hmm. How is possible to make the explorer window (and any other white Win10 windows) to full transparent with blur?

Sorry to go off topic but since we are mostly here because Win 10 looks so bad...Here is a list off tweak tools I use in combination to achieve a fair degree of personalization. Just google to find them. 1.AeroGlass Thanks Bigmuscle !!! 2.Oldnewexplorer 3. Qttabbar 4.Winearo Tweaker 5. Glass 2K

PS Thanks NoelC for your ThemeAtlas

Windows Tweak Tools.jpg

Edited by Alanrh
Left something out