i personally use

http://developex.com/custom-software/devx-exec.html

devxexec.exe /user:TrustedInstaller cmd.exe

i believe psexec could only run commands as system or other users not TI

Tried copy to C:\Windows even and open admin prompt to launch

keep getting 142 error with devxexec

But it does give you an Admin console, psexec does same though

Administrator is not TrustedInstaller.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/155910-taking-back-the-registry-from-trustedinstaller/

Psexec does not provide TrustedInstaller credentials AFAICT, the mentioned devxexec.exe instead can do it,though seemingly with a slightly different set of permissions, at least this is what was reported on the thread related to the precursors of runAsTI64:

http://reboot.pro/topic/17501-runassystem-and-runfromtoken/

You can try with the "original" RunasSystem and RunFromToken in the above. :unsure:

It is entirely possble that the good MS guys have changed *something* in Windows 10 and all the tools mentioned need to be upgraded/modified to work on it :ph34r:, historically Error 142 means that some dependency is not fulfilled, but specifically for devx-exec:

http://developex.com/custom-software/devx-exec.html

it may be caused by failed access to "WinSta0" 

jaclaz

So what's the bottom line with the tools and best way to accomplish the removal of practically all components from Win 10 build 10586?

So far, this is what I have been able to accomplish in just a few moments with a combo of the various above approaches:

PS C:\TEMP> Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name

Name
----
Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00
Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00
Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.1
Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.1
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1
Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.0
Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.0
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.0
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.0
Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost
windows.immersivecontrolpanel
Microsoft.AccountsControl
Microsoft.Windows.Cortana

PS C:\TEMP> DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

Getting the list of app packages (.appx or .appxbundle) in this image...

The operation completed successfully.

Unfortunately, Cortana is still there...  Apparently setting the IsInBox value to 0 isn't enough.

PS C:\TEMP> Remove-AppxPackage -Package Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.6.1.52_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFA, Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. (Exception
from HRESULT: 0x80073CFA)
error 0x80070032: AppX Deployment Remove operation on package Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.6.1.52_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
from: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy failed. This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled
on a per-user basis. An administrator can attempt to remove the app from the computer using Turn Windows Features on or off.
However, it may not be possible to uninstall the app.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 2c339984-1edf-0007-53a8-332cdf1ed101 in the Event Log or use the command
line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 2c339984-1edf-0007-53a8-332cdf1ed101
At line:1 char:1
+ Remove-AppxPackage -Package Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.6.1.52_neutra ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (Microsoft.Windo...l_cw5n1h2txyewy:String) [Remove-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

Edit:  Never mind.  Apparently I didn't quite get the process of killing the services / processes right (given that they auto-restart now in 10586). 

Edit 2:  Hm, Cortana has returned.

PS C:\TEMP> Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name

Name
----
Microsoft.Windows.Cortana

PS C:\TEMP> DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

Getting the list of app packages (.appx or .appxbundle) in this image...

The operation completed successfully.

Cortana must die!

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

after reboot can you make a new copy of your database and check if "IsInbox" is still to 0 ?

This was exactly the issue.  IsInBox got reset back to 1 for Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.6.1.52_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.

So I went through it again, this time prepping some batch files to help me get the database files deleted then recopied very quickly.

3rd time was the charm!

Now:

PS C:\TEMP> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Select Name

Name

----

-Noel

Using the Git and psexec
I tried a "Scorched Earth" Removal of AppxPackage and AppxProvisionedPackage with 2 Powershell cmds
Results were truly amazing watching all that go by.
What I ended up with. Yes those are the cmds you run and what they return OK

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullNameName                             PackageFullName----                             ---------------Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1 Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1_1.1.23118.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbweMicrosoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1 Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1_1.1.23118.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwePS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Select DisplayName, PackageNameDisplayName                 PackageName-----------                 -----------Microsoft.ConnectivityStore Microsoft.ConnectivityStore_1.1509.1.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbweMicrosoft.WindowsStore      Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.1013.14.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe

HaHahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa Bite me MS

But couple of problems.
Start I have Power and All apps and no Settings. Nothing on my Metro Panel except Store that don't work and nothing in All Apps works but I have everything I use on Right Click anyways since early 8

Now the BEAUTY of this. My PC has never ran this fast. Run's like a scalded APE. But I am on a SSD and 4 year old machine. Better GFX, Mem, Power supply is all I've upgraded

Now what do I not remove so my start works again although I only use once a day maybe?

Who would have thunkkk that removing most the MS JUNK/SPYware would make a PC run faster? :w00t:

Edit: Just now after I woke up and started PC my All apps came back

Edited by maxXPsoft

The system wouldn't allow it until following the instructions at intika's github site.

-Noel

Noel did your Apps come back?

I just ran the PS Get-AppxPackage and most if not all are back

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage still just 2

could have been I ran a system restore but didn't think it would put everything back. Thats ok if it did I have new scorched earth I wanna try not removing as much

Edited by maxXPsoft

No, everyhing still is as it was after removing them all.  Only thing I see reverting after I disable it is the real-time protection of Windows Defender.

NoApps.png

I suggest the System Restore is what put things back for you.  Microsoft wouldn't miss an opportunity to restore the mighty Metro universe.

And yes, it's much faster without all those processes running.  Almost as fast as a well-tuned Win 7 system - but not quite.

How many processes do you have running after booting up and just allowing the system to sit quietly for 10 minutes or so with nothing running?

I'm seeing about 40, but 10 are things I've added to the system:

aerohost.exe / conhost.exe - Beta Aero Glass for Win 8+

ClassicStartMenu.exe - Classic Shell

ProcessHacker.exe - Program to list these processes

ShellFolderFixUI.exe - Program to pre-position Explorer windows.

TSVNCache.exe - Tortoise Subversion shell extension to Explorer

vmtoolsd.exe x 2 - VMware tools daemons, for my username and SYSTEM

Windows10FirewallService - Sphinx Windows 10 Firewall Control

WizMouse.exe - Program that sends mouse events to whatever window is under the mouse

RunningServices.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

No, everyhing still is as it was after removing them all.  Only thing I see reverting after I disable it is the real-time protection of Windows Defender.

How many processes do you have running after booting up and just allowing the system to sit quietly for 10 minutes or so with nothing running?

About 45 right now. I done a full install of this 586

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName

Name                    PackageFullName

----                    ---------------

Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00 Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00 Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Select DisplayName, PackageName

DisplayName            PackageName

-----------            -----------

Microsoft.Appconnector Microsoft.Appconnector_2015.707.550.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.BingWeather  Microsoft.BingWeather_4.7.118.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.WindowsStore Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.2125.4.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe

All is good with Cortana gone. Hmm just seen SearchIndexer in the ProcessHacker, I missed something. Been trying to correct my cmd files.

Have figured out easiest from scratch is start with W10Privacy and knock out everything it will do. :thumbup

Bernd even suggested

If you deactivate the tab "Background Apps" the background functionality come the "Store" app.

So I'm testing

PsExec.exe and Git method improved to knock out sihost and State and go to Dism to remove with a cmd file

Edited by maxXPsoft

PsExec.exe and Git method improved to knock out sihost and State and go to Dism to remove with a cmd file

Can you elaborate a little more how you removed sihost, and how the system runs without it?

Thanks.

-Noel

Git.cmd attached first

then

#56 above but 4 times in a row.

taskkill

FOR /F

del %Progra

and finally copy file

I paste that into the 2nd Psec window. I figured out need to leave the first window open as its starting a service

Once done Start is disabled till reboot

sihost starts back up but am able to do things I need if done quickly

I'm still trying to perfect my other batch scripts or I'd post them

Git.cmd

Edited by maxXPsoft

Impressive stuff guys. I'm sorry I dont have any experience in any of this and use of powershell is new to me. Ive resisted using it so much but now I'm getting a crash course.

Its a crying shame that the dummies (the ones who dont know what they are doing) overpower the actual people who have to fix the wretched machines. I've run across many PC pro's that have done nothing but crank-yank over windows 10 and ignore the blaitant privacy violations.

I've installed the 10586 build today and was greeted with all of the unwanted apps I spent an hour removing. To further complicate this, I used powershell to remove them. After a reboot, those items came back... again.

I'm at the point of making a powershell script to run at startup every time and run it as a service via winlogon. Is there any way to automate all of this?

Thanks MaxXPSoft.  So you're saying sihost.exe is still running (as it is for me)?

It's interesting several have said that removed Apps come back on their own.  That hasn't happened for me - perhaps because I don't let Win 10 talk to the mothership at all.

-Noel