We can hide updates

netbookdelgob

Disabling the time service (and having the wrong date/time for your selected time zone) should effectively disable Windows Update. If it works the same as previous versions of Windows that is, although it would generate errors because of it in Event Viewer.

Disabling the time service (and having the wrong date/time for your selected time zone) should effectively disable Windows Update.

I guess the question is:  Is that what you would want?

Is Windows 10 a viable OS at all if one doesn't keep up with Windows Updates?

Why bother upgrading at all if not to stay on the update train?

To be accurate, my test system is still on the above configuration (after having applied that script) for a few days now.  It succeeds at installing a Windows Update when I tell it to, yet no telemetry or snooping data is getting out.  It's actually a more workable config than I thought it would be after all those services were disabled.  I'm impressed.

-Noel

It's actually a more workable config than I thought it would be after all those services were disabled.  I'm impressed.

I am not. :no::w00t:

It simply means that an absurd amount of unneeded services were bolted on the otherwise fully working "OS core", something that was largely expected :yes:.

jaclaz

• 3 weeks later...

Did you run the aforementioned KB3073930 update hiding tool?  Did it show the driver as available for installation?  If so, what happened when you hid that update?

-Noel

Yes I did, but the driver seems to be on the system already, cuse it did not show up i the tool...and when looking into wu it say: computor must restart bla bla...

btw I thicked one program update and clicked ok(I think) then a dialogebox appered saying "....some adjustments were made an NOW those updates should be good tho install.." clicked OK and then next dialogebox say "put in the servicenummer given by (ms)techniker in field aboue...."

Strange for two reasons; I havent had any contact with anyone. 2-  The updates I thicked was not anything I had any problems with. (There were no way to close that box btw) Had to restart and then no trace of the insedent, at all...

Ok Noel, I did't use the tool the right way. I did't untick the box behinde the link advanced:

s1biX5I.png

Now it seems to work....at last!

Can u help please how you make glass win 10 please :hello:

Edited by EDEN2010