Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

No reply to my previous post concerning the use of Black Glass Enhanced artefacts in the last 2 released builds, (120 and 149),was there a reason there was such a drastic change from previous builds?

Unfortunately, I do not use this software and I don't know the technique which it uses. If it uses standard layered windows to get the full transparency then it is not possible to do anything about this. Such bug randomly appears even with native Aero Glass in Win7. If it uses another technique then I don't know, as I said, I don't use it.

I personally don't use this program but I know there are allot of people that do, I don't know how it works, it just makes the whole window glassy and has worked perfectly until your last 2 releases, I know you may not use it and maybe you don't care but I thought the whole idea of you bringing back Aero Glass was to give users the choice instead of MS saying stuff you, you will have it like we want it.

On you builds prior to 120 it looked like this.

16ixro6.jpg

and since then it now looks like this

w7k0b8.jpg

It's not a mater of you using it, it's a matter of what you have done since that build that would change the rendered glass zones behind the windows, I am sure you can fix it because it was never broken until now.

If you want to test the program then grab it from here http://curiouso9.deviantart.com/art/Black-Glass-Enhanced-v0-5-156752713 ignore the theme, that is one of my old Windows 7 themes, if you want a dark theme to test it on then grab my latest theme http://www.mediafire.com/download/m8tn7e9hn9fn10j/Windows_Black_Edition_Complete_Colection.7z

As I said, I don't use it but I don't believe in taking away choice, so now the choice is yours.

Edited by MrGRiM

I think than Bigmuscle needs a weekend of rest before bending on this problem and fix this in a future update.

I agree, this is definitely not a reason to hold off and I don't think BM would anyway, I just don't want to see users have to give up on choice if they don't have to.

I think than Bigmuscle needs a weekend of rest before bending on this problem and fix this in a future update.

Who knows what BigMuscle does on the weekend.  Maybe he rests during the week!  LOL

Who knows what BigMuscle does on the weekend.  Maybe he rests during the week!  LOL

Maybe he flexes his muscles? :D

or if he rests the week , it's time to party on weekends   :yes:

Je ne parle pas français, je suis Américain.  LOL you changed it!!

Edited by dhjohns

I'm starting to get my Aero glass just like I had it in Windows 7, and I've had no problems running these builds so far on daily basis. However I've noticed that the engine does have some inconsistency between the title window glass and the added window border transparency.  I mean it's clearly visible to see they do not link seamlessly, as seen in my screenshot:

If you look closely to the top left side of the active window (file explorer one), it is more opaque on the title bar side than on the added margin border surrounding the window. I hope that it can be tweaked somehow. It's more visible on active window but does seem to affect the inactive ones too. :)

This is beautiful, is that an atlas? Could you please share it? TY!

--edit--

That is win8rp atlas, right?

Yeah it is, I edited it on top of win8rp.png. Well it's basically the same modifications I made to myself on the clearscreen sharp skin in few years ago, and I was happy running Windows 7 with that. I still feel there might be some tuning to do - like actually edit those min/max/close button symbols more, but surely it works fine right now as it is with default caption size. Set the Glass color as white, opacity to 0 and balance all the way up. And put caption coloring to white with the use of glow image on atlas theme.

http://hrtlan.com/clsharp.png

Since I'm not an expert on tuning that layout file, any tips to actually adjust the border size? I have set the ForceSystemMetrics on. Also Windows 10 start menu, volume tuning and notification/action center seems to get the glass borders too, but it doesn't do any blurring behind those. I would rather see them not having those glass borders at all if blurring isn't possible. :)

Thanks, open the layout file and change

47;0;3602=1,0,0,0 # Window Borders

45;0;3602=1,0,0,0 # Tool Window Borders

I'm starting to get my Aero glass just like I had it in Windows 7, and I've had no problems running these builds so far on daily basis. However I've noticed that the engine does have some inconsistency between the title window glass and the added window border transparency.  I mean it's clearly visible to see they do not link seamlessly, as seen in my screenshot:

If you look closely to the top left side of the active window (file explorer one), it is more opaque on the title bar side than on the added margin border surrounding the window. I hope that it can be tweaked somehow. It's more visible on active window but does seem to affect the inactive ones too. :)

--edit--

Yeah it is, I edited it on top of win8rp.png. Well it's basically the same modifications I made to myself on the clearscreen sharp skin in few years ago, and I was happy running Windows 7 with that. I still feel there might be some tuning to do - like actually edit those min/max/close button symbols more, but surely it works fine right now as it is with default caption size. Set the Glass color as white, opacity to 0 and balance all the way up. And put caption coloring to white with the use of glow image on atlas theme.

Since I'm not an expert on tuning that layout file, any tips to actually adjust the border size? I have set the ForceSystemMetrics on. Also Windows 10 start menu, volume tuning and notification/action center seems to get the glass borders too, but it doesn't do any blurring behind those. I would rather see them not having those glass borders at all if blurring isn't possible. :)

Does this work in Win10 x64 only? As I haven't been successful with injecting Modern Frame on my 32-bit Windows

So should we release today or is there some important blocker which limits you? B)

No one even reflect on that is written in bold font? I read it as an sarcastic or maybe ironic way; No one but me decide when time is right!

I never noticed that lol. Also it doesn't worry me as I enjoy testing this out and giving feedback. Even if it months down the track when he releases it as final it doesn't worry me :)

--edit--

Thank you for this info!  This works beautifully!