Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Interesting.  I'm not seeing 10061 on Windows Update in build 10049.

And what's that registry fix doing?  Switching branches to an inner ring?  Mine shows fbl_impressive, not fbl_awesome1501.

Interesting to see the different branch names on this site:

http://ms-vnext.net/Win10esds/

-Noel

I'm seeing 10061 on my update. I'm using build 10056. That registry fix stops the update for showing a build update until Microsoft officially releaes it

Interesting.  I'm not seeing 10061 on Windows Update in build 10049.

And what's that registry fix doing?  Switching branches to an inner ring?  Mine shows fbl_impressive, not fbl_awesome1501.

Interesting to see the different branch names on this site:

http://ms-vnext.net/Win10esds/

-Noel

Are you on a Local account? From what I have read you wont get the update offer unless your logged in with a MS account.

~DP

Yes, I will only ever use a local account.

As of pretty late last night I didn't see any evidence that people were being offered 10061 over on the Microsoft forums, and there's nothing on the Windows Blog.  Apparently we're talking about a mistake, not a real fast ring release?

-Noel

As of pretty late last night I didn't see any evidence that people were being offered 10061 over on the Microsoft forums, and there's nothing on the Windows Blog.  Apparently we're talking about a mistake, not a real fast ring release?

-Noel

It's build 10061 but for Microsoft employees only at the moment not on fast ring

Edited by endbase

I hope that when Windows 10 is released and Aero Glass is stable for it that it won't have those ugly custom buttons. I just want blur and transparency. But, good work so far.

EDIT: Unless there would be an option to disable the custom buttons.

Edited by HTMLincoln

-Noel

It's build 10061 but for Microsoft employees only at the moment not on fast ring

Correct, that's what I said on Post #'s 492 and 498..

~DP

LOL, I will only ever use a Microsoft account!   :thumbup  :thumbup  :thumbup

I'm surprised at your willingness to hand over administrative access to all your data to Microsoft.  How do you reconcile that decision against the fact that they're being overtly devious lately, as well as messing things that were already working up left and right?

Not that they couldn't drop load something through Windows Update and get data from all of us, even those with a local account, if they really wanted it.  But just handing it over freely seems extreme to me.

To each his own.

-Noel

I'm surprised at your willingness to hand over administrative access to all your data to Microsoft.  How do you reconcile that decision against the fact that they're being overtly devious lately, as well as messing things that were already working up left and right?

Not that they couldn't drop load something through Windows Update and get data from all of us, even those with a local account, if they really wanted it.  But just handing it over freely seems extreme to me.

To each his own.

-Noel

I am not in to that conspiracy theory stuff, sorry.  I see the MS account as a benefit, and I had hoped for it for years.  Now I have it, and it saves me a lot of time, and is an awesome feature.

To each his own.

-Noel

I am not in to that conspiracy theory stuff, sorry.  I see the MS account as a benefit, and I had hoped for it for years.  Now I have it, and it saves me a lot of time, and is an awesome feature.

I find it handy signing in with my microsoft account as well to. I got nothing to hide from them. Also we all sign in to a account on phones.