Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Well I'll give that a try then.

Just reached common bloodpressure after having had my 9926 being in an neverending relogin-loop after having had installed the glass described to be for the 10 preview.

A massive Aeroglass folder with next to 200 dump files within minutes, since it was impossible to get the task killed due to the fact that once being logged into the machine i was kicked out straight after lots of screen on/off situation which brought be back to another login.

I'd say software being that critical to system stuff should work differnt. sort of ... try to activate themselfes awaiting an aknoledgement similar to windows display resultion changes. So that if a system boots with aero enabled for the first time a reminder app should start asking the user to grant access to auto-enable it, and if this fails, the system should start with aero disabled next time.

Would have saved me half an hour and being close to a heartattack.

I'll try your bat file tomorrow ... in case it works I'll post another comment.

Lucky me ... just tried this aerothingy, joined here, and also found something looking like a solution. ;-)

Did you Install a 'Theme Patcher' by any chance?

~DP

@PojntFX .... dammit this was a nice one .. worked straight. You saved my life ;-)

@DosProbie .... nope, should I do so? I never bothered playing with themes that much, but I heavily do dislike non AeroDesktop.

Edited by justone

If you end up in any system crash, it means:

a) you did install wrong version

b) you didn't install it correctly

In both cases, you should aware that this is experimental version only and it should be used by very advanced users only!

I didn't have much time in the last time but I wanted to give you something, so I updated ModernFrame.DLL (link is at my website in Win10 section). Most significant changes:

* it accepts custom atlas file for frame buttons (if you use AeroGlass GUI to change atlas file, it won't get updated, because GUI sends notification to DWM only)

* holding CTRL when clicking Maximize button will switch to fullscreen

I didn't have much time in the last time but I wanted to give you something, so I updated ModernFrame.DLL (link is at my website in Win10 section). Most significant changes:

* it accepts custom atlas file for frame buttons (if you use AeroGlass GUI to change atlas file, it won't get updated, because GUI sends notification to DWM only)

Nice improvement!  Thank you.

ImprovementsToModernApps.png

Only usability glitch I see is that sometimes the events for the [ X ] button are processed out of order, and (for example when first activating the App) it will change to the "glow bright red" version briefly even though the cursor is not over it.  There are also cases where the "Active App" button graphics are displayed on an inactive App.  I can tell because I added a little bit of color to my Active App graphics resources.  Example:

ActiveButtonsOnInactive.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Thanks for that update it works for me. But is there a way to make the buttons smaller on the ModernApp. Also when I hold "CTRL" to go to full screen there no way to go back to desktop. I have to hold "start" plus "D" to go back to desktop to close the app

Edited by daveo76

Thanks for that update it works for me. But is there a way to make the buttons smaller on the ModernApp. Also when I hold "CTRL" to go to full screen there no way to go back to desktop. I have to hold "start" plus "D" to go back to desktop to close the app

Just click on your Modern App icon in the task bar.  The taskbar will be hidden, but will appear if you go to it. It will minimize.  Then click on it again.  It will maximize, but NOT go to full screen.

Edited by dhjohns