Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

I tried UxStyle_0241_x86_x64_rel2_preview, UltraUXThemePatcher 2.5.4, UXTheme Multi-Patcher 14.1, and BigMuscles UxThemeSignatureBypass. All causes my explorer to stuff up. But all works on Win10 9926 x86 but not x64

The 'Stuffing Up' as you put it is because Windows10 explorer doesn't like us 'Messing' with the System, So like My1 said above 'Switch Back' or just Enable the default theme Before your log-off or reboot.

~DP :sneaky:

Edited by DosProbie

@daveo76 same theme as I use. it isnt rly 9926 ready yet but it's mostly 10-compatible. that's for sure.

in case you have booted and dont wanna reboot again, just right click anywhere -> personalization and so on for the default theme.

Strg+Shift+Esc for the Task Manager and then select explorer and click restart (in case you pressed the delete button, it just gets killed, file -> new task -> explorer will start it again)

I tried UxStyle_0241_x86_x64_rel2_preview, UltraUXThemePatcher 2.5.4, UXTheme Multi-Patcher 14.1, and BigMuscles UxThemeSignatureBypass. All causes my explorer to stuff up. But all works on Win10 9926 x86 but not x64

The 'Stuffing Up' as you put it is because Windows10 explorer doesn't like us 'Messing' with the System, So like My1 said above 'Switch Back' or just Enable the default theme Before your log-off or reboot.

I wonder if a script can be made that will switch windows back to default theme and then restart and another script to change theme at startup

you probably mean a script to change to default -> restart explorer (we dont need to reboot the whole system) and change back

well at least in autostart impossible and if you have luck you can execute it with win+R manually, if there's a way to write it.

you probably mean a script to change to default -> restart explorer (we dont need to reboot the whole system) and change back

well at least in autostart impossible and if you have luck you can execute it with win+R manually, if there's a way to write it.

Got to restart for windows updates and programs updates

And are you using Win10-compatible theme? Or just some theme created for Win8.x ?

Yes the one I used is made for Win10. This one http://damonkeyoncrack.deviantart.com/art/Aero7-V2-for-Windows-8-8-1-10-TP-429412929
If I see correctly, it is theme for Win8.x which have been tested on Win10. Thus it is not fully Windows 10 theme.

And are you using Win10-compatible theme? Or just some theme created for Win8.x ?

Yes the one I used is made for Win10. This one http://damonkeyoncrack.deviantart.com/art/Aero7-V2-for-Windows-8-8-1-10-TP-429412929

If I see correctly, it is theme for Win8.x which have been tested on Win10. Thus it is not fully Windows 10 theme.

It worked on Win10 previous builds. But it doesn't worry me now with the theme atlas some had made for 9926

You guys probably should be using this theme changer script then => http://rghost.net/download/7Jq5KBxFc/f9ce1d8a247a391c129a60dde932c9093192c0f0/Set%20Theme.cmd

All that manual click here and there is a time waster..

~DP :whistle:

What does it exactly do

What does it do? Well if you Read my1's post #259 it will Reset your custom them Back to the Windows Default Aero theme for You. All in One click of the mouse. So in other words set your Custom theme to 'Aero7' then before logging off or restarting click on the Theme Changer file to set back to the default.

just keep it somewhere where you can execute it quickly, coz you dont have explorer or similar to help you finding it.

Yep, I just added mine to the 'desktop context menu' so its always there when I need to make the change back..

~DP :whistle:

Guys, Since Windows refuses to 'Play Nice In The Sandbox' with our custom themes you can just add the file
from post#261 to your 'AeroGlass Systemdrive' folder, run this 'registry context menu' file and it will always be there when you
want to make a change back to the default Aero theme or you could also just use one of the really nice atlas
files by Noel and others and not deal with all this.
~DP :yes:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00; Adds the 'Aero Default Theme' to Windows 10 Desktop Context Menu with Icon from any folder.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\background\shell\ThemeChange]"MUIVerb"="Aero Default Theme""icon"="imageres.dll,104"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\background\shell\ThemeChange\command]@="C:\\AeroGlass\\Set Theme.cmd""Description"="Resets Back To Aero Default Theme"

screenshot_24.png

For those people who are unable to install glass8 like I was on build 9926, I did create a small bat with all the files you need, a .bat to run aeroglass as "SYSTEM" task and Instructions.

Here you can download it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7GcA5vEfPYoX0lzdEQxbGdNMVU/view?usp=sharing

Hope you guys enjoy it, I love glass8 on build 9926!

Well I'll give that a try then.

Just reached common bloodpressure after having had my 9926 being in an neverending relogin-loop after having had installed the glass described to be for the 10 preview.

A massive Aeroglass folder with next to 200 dump files within minutes, since it was impossible to get the task killed due to the fact that once being logged into the machine i was kicked out straight after lots of screen on/off situation which brought be back to another login.

I'd say software being that critical to system stuff should work differnt. sort of ... try to activate themselfes awaiting an aknoledgement similar to windows display resultion changes. So that if a system boots with aero enabled for the first time a reminder app should start asking the user to grant access to auto-enable it, and if this fails, the system should start with aero disabled next time.

Would have saved me half an hour and being close to a heartattack.

I'll try your bat file tomorrow ... in case it works I'll post another comment.

Lucky me ... just tried this aerothingy, joined here, and also found something looking like a solution. ;-)