Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Hi i build this tool for enable disable Aeroglass & ModernFrame. Some buttons & messages are in spanish but i think is easy use it

1.- Download the "Experimental debug version for build 10240" files
2.- Creates a folder with the name Aeroglass in C:\  = (C:\Aeroglass)

3.- Copy the files inside the correct folder (X64 / X86) to C:\Aeroglass
4.- Download, extract and copy the Modernframe.dll file to C:\Aeroglass (Only Windows X64)
5.- Run the Aeroglass launcher. clic in start to run Aeroglass debug version clic in Stop to stop the Aeroglass debug version (in the popup question i recomend restart DWM.exe ), the same with the modern frame

ws4nbysvq4ngih06g.jpg

of course Google translator XD
Aero Glass Launcher1.0.1.rar

Why blur on the taskbar isn‘t enabled even after using a VS named aero.msstyles?

Well if you go to bm's download page at the bottom there is "Command line tool to change window's composition attributes."  You can enable taskbar blur that way.

Why blur on the taskbar isn‘t enabled even after using a VS named aero.msstyles?

Well if you go to bm's download page at the bottom there is "Command line tool to change window's composition attributes."  You can enable taskbar blur that way.

Thanks, it worked! However, after enabling blur and having reflection image set taskbar became much more opaque comparing to window frames. Is there a way to reduce how opaque taskbar is?

I read your guide but I‘ve already read readme.txt included with SetWindowCompositionAttribute so I thought that using these command line functions

SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur true

would be the way to achieve the effect I wanted. Now I noticed that accent settings revert to default after desktop background is changed or Start Menu is opened so this is why my taskbar is kind of opaque even after disabling accent. So the question is how do I prevent accent settings from reverting to default?

Edited by MDJ

we already had this in here. search for my posts, I already posted a workaround (a loop that repeats every 2 seconds or whatever, so always restoring the taskbar soon enough)

Do you mean this?

4.2 beta, opening classic start menu is no problem but as soon as I do shift+click to open the Windows 10 STart menu it gets opaque again.

also I modded the script a bit:

@echo off:1SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur truetimeout /T 2 /nobreakclsgoto 1

this one applies the effect every 2 sec. you can change the number if you want, the only thing I want is that that could run without that cmd window...

Has anyone found a better solution? It‘d be great if there would be something that wouldn‘t need to stay on the taskbar and make it flicker when reverting accent settings.

Edited by MDJ

Do you mean this?

4.2 beta, opening classic start menu is no problem but as soon as I do shift+click to open the Windows 10 STart menu it gets opaque again.

@echo off:1SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur truetimeout /T 2 /nobreakclsgoto 1

this one applies the effect every 2 sec. you can change the number if you want, the only thing I want is that that could run without that cmd window...

Has anyone found a better solution? It‘d be great if there would be something that wouldn‘t need to stay on the taskbar and make it flicker when reverting accent settings.

No better solution I have found.  I have created a 2nd desktop, press the window key and tab key, right click that cmd window, and send it to 2nd desktop where I don't have to look at it.

We are approaching build #150 soon...

New experimental debug build #149 can be downloaded on my website. Now, 64-bit only.

What's new? Mainly stability fixes but I added two experimental features you can play with:

- you can change caption buttons size by putting line "CaptionHeight=XXX" into your atlas layout file (it influences both width and height, separate change is not possible!)

- you can force DWM to accept system metrics on windows frames in SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM by setting value ForceSystemMetrics to 0x1 (DWORD)

- by setting ForceSystemMetrics values to > 1, you can modify frame margins

Edited by bigmuscle

Do you mean this?

@MDJ use this installer and tick all boxes, the window disappears after the start  http://uptobox.com/sy59mrjoxs3d

build 149 looks fine to me - but then so did the earlier ones - the extra bits to play with work - am learning about system metrics - seems to give many possibilities without having to build a new theme

Hi i build this tool for enable disable Aeroglass & ModernFrame. Some buttons & messages are in spanish but i think is easy use it

1.- Download the "Experimental debug version for build 10240" files

2.- Creates a folder with the name Aeroglass in C:\  = (C:\Aeroglass)

3.- Copy the files inside the correct folder (X64 / X86) to C:\Aeroglass

4.- Download, extract and copy the Modernframe.dll file to C:\Aeroglass (Only Windows X64)

5.- Run the Aeroglass launcher. clic in start to run Aeroglass debug version clic in Stop to stop the Aeroglass debug version (in the popup question i recomend restart DWM.exe ), the same with the modern frame

ws4nbysvq4ngih06g.jpg

of course Google translator XD

attachicon.gifAero Glass Launcher1.0.1.rar

Works perfect thanks

CaptionHeight 15 seems to be exactly like Windows 7's caption buttons.

Now that the fat buttons are gone, hopefully a solution will arise to have centered titlebar text like on 8.1. Windows 10 seems to completely ignore .msstyles files that specify a centered orientation. 

I personally like 12:

9MU3ixM.png

Edited by Rfire