Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Did you notice: Windows 10 is NATIVE testing version glass system? Found powershell settings. http://postimg.org/image/z40o3rk0x/ this picture is taken build 9926.

Now build 10041 is native glass look start menu, taskbar etc... Did we need aero glass program anymore?

That only transparent. Take a look at Big Muscle main site screenshots and you see the difference

Well, that went wrong rather quickly.  As soon as Aero Glass got the proper symbols downloaded this morning, DWM went into a restart loop.

Here are some pertinent files that may help you find the problem, Big Muscle:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10041/debug.log

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10041/minidump-03-19-10-25-54.dmp

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10041/minidump-03-19-10-25-42.dmp

I'll experiment with it some more to make sure it's not something I'm causing somehow.

​-Noel

Same thing happened to me to

Did we need aero glass program anymore?

One of the reasons Microsoft gets away with as much as they do is because there are people who don't know or can't perceive the difference.

-Noel

I asked in another thread...  You have it working on 10041?

For me it almost worked, while the symbols weren't available.  Then once it downloaded the symbols it just entered a DWM restart loop.

By the way, I can force it back into a partially working state by corrupting the content of the dwmcore.pdb file, so that it again executes its fallback logic after a bit of a timeout.  Big Muscle, this may help you narrow down where the problem is.

AeroGlassWorkingOn10041.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Once it downloaded the symbols it just entered a DWM restart loop.

-Noel

Same problem here...

Btw, In 10041 only the startmenu is transparent for me, the taskbar is still opaque.

Edited by Tusticles

non debug version is the 1.3.1 and the transparent taskbar you get with a little bat that I posted some pages ago and the WIndow composition attribute thing from BM.

I'm sure Big Muscle is looking into what's changed.  I hope that the feedback we've provided helps him.

Thanks for the info that 1.3.1 works.  As I've got 1.3.2 now more or less working stably with it, as mentioned above, I'll probably just stay on that until he's got a new update.

At this point I also have UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll in place, which corrects the text color on ribbon enabled windows, and also ModernFrame.dll, which "Aero Glasses" the title bars of ApplicationFrameHost-based Metro/Modern windows.

The fact that all these things work and Aero Glass mostly works even after two months between Windows builds says Microsoft has entered a time where they're no longer making big changes to the UI, and what we see (disappointing as it may be) may be pretty close to what gets released.

-Noel

131 is for 8.1 and pre-9926.

With 132 you essentially mean the debug version? Afaik it never had a version number...

At least bm never called it by one.

Edited by My1

Hi DosProbie

How did you get that blurred task bar in Build 10041?  And which non-debug version are you referring to?

Cheers

I am using this 'TaskbarBlur.vbs' to get the taskbar blur and transparency over a .cmd file which will 'flash' a popup and the version is  'setup-w8.1-1.3.1.exe' which is not perfect but it works, although you do get a 'incompatibility issue' and 'machine code' popup on boot-up that you can just cancel out.

~DP :sneaky:

''' Enable Taskbar Blur and Transparency in Windows 10 '''''''' Run this TaskbarBlur.vbs file from AeroGlass folder '''''''''''''' Thanks to Ace2 for this .vbs code '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")  If WScript.Arguments.length = 0 Then  Set ObjShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")  ObjShell.ShellExecute "wscript.exe", """" & _  WScript.ScriptFullName & """" &_  " RunAsAdministrator", , "runas", 1 End if Dim WshShell  Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )  WshShell.Run "C:\AeroGlass\SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0", 0, True  WshShell.Run "C:\AeroGlass\SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur true", 0, True  Wscript.Sleep 1000 Set WshShell = Nothing