KernelEx 2022 (Kex22) Test Versions (4.22.26.2)

jumper

On 3/5/2019 at 7:25 AM, jumper said:

. WIN2003B.0x0ECE0205 5,2,ECE,2,Service Pack 2,2,0,100,3,0

You have WS2003B so we can use this version in CORE.ini as it is probably the most popular for Win2K3.

On 12/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, jumper said:

Imagehlp, a non-shared library

Several of my start up programs are using Imagehlp so Imagehlp is always loaded and loaded with Explorer.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:23 PM, jumper said:

[DCFG1] is missing some Secur32 and User32 =std entries. Functionality is lost without them.

Your got a good point here and I went back to CORE.24a and the Vista screen savers worked again. Edit this was because I forgot I had MSVCRS disabled. BWC's GDI wrapper needs MIN setting and as CORE.24a stands, Disabled = an unknown setting similar to MIN. I did not mean to create any anxiety over kexbases25.

I have made a breakthrough with original Kexbases25 and it will work under any MSVCRT version that is preferred so long as it is set disabled even BWC's wrapper which has the advantage of making the Vista screen savers work at high speed and MSVCRT Kstub entries can be removed but a little more requirements for this and is off topic. Imaghlp in Kexbases does not seem a problem.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

@jumper I would just like to say I made a mistake in my last post and has been edited. KEX overrides module settings of executables when disabled. This will show if using my CORE_4.ini. I had DDHELP disabled and if using CORE_4.ini, Ddhelp needed to be set MIN to prevent override and also BWC's GDI wrapper needs MIN. This explains why BWC's wrapper does not work in Safe Mode but worked with CORE.24a while disabled. Disabled in CORE.24a = MIN. If Ddhelp is set disabled in CORE_4 it works until the next auto play of the next video which it then creates problems due to the override of modules. EDIT  Best to ignore this post mostly and take note of the next. last sentence struck through is a characteristic of the build.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

Continuing for the record and using CORE_4. I thought it was safe to remove the system knownDLLs that just pointed to themselves so I did. I also placed some executables that were disabled to MIN. These were probably Mprexe, Mtask.exe, Spool32 and the 16bit Msgsvr32. KernelEx25 stopped running next boot and I fiddled with it a bit with no good results. I then did an off-line system restore :- copy paste. The system on booting after this had trouble but Kex was working. The system.dat I copied over had BWC's wrapper disabled. After about the third reboot it was back to normal and BWC's wrapper now works with CORE_4 disabled. I have had it this way since and auto played videos and screen savers are all OK. I have booted into safe mode and BWC's wrapper is working in safe mode. There is no mistake and ROS 6.0.6000 Uxtheme needs MIN setting. I have removed the SHParseDisplayName from all Core_4 modes as WMP10 Wmp.dll needs this function and I did not want to run WMP10 with XP mode settings. I had WMP10 set to default and Wmp.dll did not need XP mode for it to register with Core24a. I am running Ddhelp and Ddraw disabled. There are no 0 flag data left behind when altering settings with the KernelEx property sheet with CORE_4.

Favorite latest build is working now with original Kexbases 25 along with BWC's wrapper. All programing working with Kexbases 25 original as it was with Kex24.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
Added ;ast sentence to finish.

Working with CORE.25g and KernelEx updates3. From a working KEX24 system there is no trouble swapping over Kexbases and Kexbasen. When swapping over CORE.24a to CORE25g make sure the AppSettings have their corresponding new names especially Unicows. If using KEX25 KernelEx.dll there will be an added 128 dec data value to each new setting created with the property sheet. For instance if changing mode of a module with the KEX property sheet there will be a 128 left in the flag data DW value instead of 0 if KernelEx.dll 19 is used. I am not sure if this is intended but assume so as 80 hex is the definition valid flag but all that happens is that 80 hex is added to all mode settings and therefore could be 90 or 91 etcetera and as mentioned if using CORE_4 idea there is no zero flag data left behind when using KernelEx.dll 19. EDIT I cannot get it to do this anymore, it always leaves a zero if KernelEx.dll19 is used.

While using Oleaut32 4519 and being disabled, the unspecified error 30 in Sysroot.htt returned after making some setting changes and is still around with Kexbases 7. I just have to be careful and a system restore fixed it.

Edited by Goodmaneuver

• 2 months later...

I am using Ryzen now and the CPU is susceptible to software anomalies and I have the ME system operating good and stable.

When CORE.ini configuration names are changed the 4.5.2 names still work as they were before the new names are updated in the registry. This is possibly because the 4.5.2 kexbasen and kexbases modules are wrapped with the new kexbases kexbasen API definitions.

MSVCRT needs BASE/ME kexbases and kexbasen API settings in the core.ini for Miro Video Converter and HD Video Converter Factory 13 of which latest KernelEx allows.

MIN loads kstubs even though the contents= does not include kstubs.

=0 at the end of core APIs can be removed from a non inherited core.ini but not when a core.ini with many inheritances is used as functioning altered for me.

Kstub824 will not load APIs of any CRT modules. I got around this problem by using kstub823 as well as kstub824. Only one instance of kstub823 can be used because the related ini must be named kstub823.ini but kstub823.dll can be named different to match the core.ini. If using kstub823 the redirection of APIs cannot be shortened, it must be like this within the quotations "InitSecurityInterfaceA=>128SC:InitSecurityInterfaceA".

Jumper have you an answer to the 4.5.2 anomaly of RtlDeleteCriticalSection ; RtlEnterCriticalSection ; RtlInializeCriticalSection ; & RtlLeaveCriticalSection not working?

CORE_7.zip

Edited by Goodmaneuver
default in core.ini was supposed to be 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AFAIK you still can't install later versions of KernelEx as they are.
You have to first install the last version of the original KernelEx, 4.5.2, and then update it with the later files.
Is that still correct @jumper?
:dubbio:

> I don't know how to proceed.

These updates are not for end users. More than enough information has already been written for qualified developers to utilize these files. If you have to ask, you aren't qualified. Please delete the updates from your system.

Edited by jumper
Added quote

16 hours ago, jumper said:

> I don't know how to proceed.

These updates are not for end users. More than enough information has already been written for qualified developers to utilize these files. If you have to ask, you aren't qualified. Please delete the updates from your system.

Hi jumper,

I did not install the updates. I was just wondering if it's possible to install or not, but knowing that it's for developers, I went ahead and deleted the updates nonetheless. I guess I'll just wait for the full release.

In short, this was a vanilla KernelEx 4.5.2 installation. No updates installed or anything.

Edited by mina7601
Additional info

I'm sure @jumperwill confirm one way or the other, but I don't think there ever will be a 'full release'.
As I said earlier, this is all built on the original KernelEx, of which the last version was 4.5.2.
I'm sure if you search you will find the installation file.
Only once you have that installed can you proceed with any of the later updates AFAIK.
:)

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

I'm sure @jumperwill confirm one way or the other, but I don't think there ever will be a 'full release'.
As I said earlier, this is all built on the original KernelEx, of which the last version was 4.5.2.
I'm sure if you search you will find the installation file.
Only once you have that installed can you proceed with any of the later updates AFAIK.
:)

Dave, I do know that this was built on KernelEx 4.5.2.

What I meant by "full release" is: the full release of KernelEx 4.5 Core Update 4.5.2016.25, as a meaning of being for end users too (not just developers), since he said "More than enough information has already been written for qualified developers to utilize these files."

If you still don't understand me, ask for clarification. I will be more clearer. :)

• 2 months later...

So, I've rethink-ed about this for a long time and...

Well, firstly, @jumper, many apologies if I am opening a closed discussion, I know that I shouldn't do that really, and that this topic is not for end users (but I did read previous pages of this topic, so I came to ask for help when I have already read what was discussed,), but I wanted to add to my previous posts on this topic.

Secondly, @Dave-H, when I said "I guess I will wait for the full product release", I meant from this post.

See the line "full release package suitable for end users."? That's what I meant/was talking about.

I wanted to install the updates to try and run Firefox 52. I'm responsible for any risk I can get when using them.

And lastly, whoever reads this post, don't take it from me as an attempt to start an argument, or be off-topic! I'm not trying to do either of them! I'm just saying my rethoughts! Apologies for you both if this wastes your time.

Thanks for reading this though..

Edited by mina7601